PDA

View Full Version : After Konerko's blast

mike squires
10-24-2005, 01:36 PM
Anyone notice in the dugout after Konerko hit the homer. IT looks like Frank comes out from the tunnel and gives him a high 5. It's only for a second. IF you taped the game go back and look right before his second curtain call. Nice to see Frank pumped up. Franks face looked pumped up and was happy for his SOx.

Settembrini
10-24-2005, 01:38 PM
Anyone notice in the dugout after Konerko hit the homer. IT looks like Frank comes out from the tunnel and gives him a high 5. It's only for a second. IF you taped the game go back and look right before his second curtain call. Nice to see Frank pumped up. Franks face looked pumped up and was happy for his SOx.

I didn't see that, but I thought it was cool seeing Damaso jumping up and down in the bullpen like a little kid. His attitude seems great considering.

Tekijawa
10-24-2005, 01:44 PM
I didn't see that, but I thought it was cool seeing Damaso jumping up and down in the bullpen like a little kid. His attitude seems great considering.

Actually Ozzie called out to the bullpen right after the ball left Konerko's bat and told Damaso he wouldn't have to pitch now that they had the lead...

Iwritecode
10-24-2005, 01:45 PM
There was a better scene after Pod's blast...

Aaron Rowand was miked up and happened to be standing next to Brian Anderson and Ozzie Jr. on the top step of the dugout leaning against the fence.

(crack of the bat)
Anderson: "Oh my God, Dude!" (grabs a hold of Ozzie Jr's shoulder as all 3 watch the flight of the ball)
Rowand: "You know what...?"
Anderson: "Oh my God!" (Starts to climb over the fence and continues to watch the ball)
Anderson: "OH MY GOD!" (Climbs over the fence to join the mob at home plate)

:)

Unregistered
10-24-2005, 01:45 PM
Anyone notice in the dugout after Konerko hit the homer. IT looks like Frank comes out from the tunnel and gives him a high 5. It's only for a second. IF you taped the game go back and look right before his second curtain call. Nice to see Frank pumped up. Franks face looked pumped up and was happy for his SOx.Yeah, I saw that - I love that Frank is on the bench in full uniform. :cool:

kravdog
10-24-2005, 01:46 PM

i did notice this as well. frank was smiling as big as he could, much like the game 1 introduction, for those of you who where there...

Unregistered
10-24-2005, 01:46 PM
There was a better scene after Pod's blast...

Aaron Rowand was miked up and happened to be standing next to Brian Anderson and Ozzie Jr. on the top step of the dugout leaning against the fence.

(crack of the bat)
Anderson: "Oh my God, Dude!" (grabs a hold of Ozzie Jr's shoulder as all 3 watch the flight of the ball)
Rowand: "You know what...?"
Anderson: "Oh my God!" (Starts to climb over the fence and continues to watch the ball)
Anderson: "OH MY GOD!" (Climbs over the fence to join the mob at home plate)

:)Rowand was saying "NO WAY," as in "I can't believe it." Hell, him and the whole stadium... :D:

tacosalbarojas
10-24-2005, 01:48 PM
Yeah, I saw that - I love that Frank is on the bench in full uniform. :cool:Much like having Hawk in the ballpark, it couldn't be any other way!

ode to veeck
10-24-2005, 01:49 PM
Aaron says " no way ... No Way ... NO WAY!!" as Pods blast travels out of the park and then he goes crazy with everyone else. I watched the Tivo replay at least a couple of times last night

Iwritecode
10-24-2005, 01:54 PM
Aaron says " no way ... No Way ... NO WAY!!" as Pods blast travels out of the park and then he goes crazy with everyone else. I watched the Tivo replay at least a couple of times last night

I only saw the replay once so I was guessing. I laughed at Anderson's reaction though. :D:

kninchicago
10-24-2005, 03:12 PM
Anderson cracked me up with that. You can tell on his first 2 "OMG's" that he is still expecting it to not make it over, or be caught, because it's too good to be true. The last one he totally gets what's going on is real. Loved it!

Man I can't wait to get the DVDs of this season.

WSoxFanForever
10-24-2005, 03:20 PM
Every time I Tivo it back to the dugout the thing that really gets me is the expression on Rowand's face. It's like the Mastercard commercial: PRICELESS!

clean
10-24-2005, 04:40 PM
I would give anything to watch their reactions again. Anyone have a link?

JayBeast
10-24-2005, 04:53 PM
I hope that game is an instant clasic and gets replayed!