PDA

View Full Version : Another Arizona WS Gathering?

MarySwiss
10-24-2005, 12:34 PM
Okay, time to talk about Game 3. How about going back to Skip and Jan's in Tempe? I think those of us who were there for Game 1 all enjoyed it. We saw a great Sox win, pretty much owned the place, and the owner called in from the Cell right after the game ended and bought us the last round. Not too shabby!

So, game time is 5 pm. Skip and Jan's is on the SW corner of Priest and Elliott in the Sports Authority plaza. Let's go watch the Sox pound Oswalt and go up 3 games to 1!

power98
10-24-2005, 01:48 PM
Okay, time to talk about Game 3. How about going back to Skip and Jan's in Tempe? I think those of us who were there for Game 1 all enjoyed it. We saw a great Sox win, pretty much owned the place, and the owner called in from the Cell right after the game ended and bought us the last round. Not too shabby!

So, game time is 5 pm. Skip and Jan's is on the SW corner of Priest and Elliott in the Sports Authority plaza. Let's go watch the Sox pound Oswalt and go up 3 games to 1!
Skip and Jan's have my vote. I can't wait to utter the words...

It's a :gulp:HAPPY HOUR:gulp: White Sox Winner!

2 to go! :bandance: :bandance:

Realist
10-24-2005, 06:07 PM

I'm not too familiar with Arizona but I have a friend in Tuscon that's all by her lonesome with no Sox fans around her. Does anybody know where Tuscon Sox fans are hanging out to watch the games?

MarySwiss
10-24-2005, 06:08 PM

Great, Power! See ya there! I just wish I had some kind of a time- release sleeping pill that I could take that would allow me to wake up about 3 pm tomorrow! :D:

MarySwiss
10-24-2005, 06:12 PM
I'm not too familiar with Arizona but I have a friend in Tuscon that's all by her lonesome with no Sox fans around her. Does anybody know where Tuscon Sox fans are hanging out to watch the games?

Sorry, I don't. She's welcome to join us, but that's a haul; roughly equivalent to Milwaukee to Chicago. However, I know there are some WSI members down there, so let's hope one of them reads this and can come up with a place to hang in Tucson.

wsoxfan
10-24-2005, 06:37 PM
are they gonna have the same food and drink specials that they had on saturday during the game? cause those were some pretty sweet deals...:smile:

MarySwiss
10-24-2005, 06:51 PM
are they gonna have the same food and drink specials that they had on saturday during the game? cause those were some pretty sweet deals...:smile:

Not sure, but probably. Or, since it's during the week, they might even be better! I also don't know if Skip will be back or if he went to Houston, but whatever. Anyway, their regular prices are kickass. Looking forward to seeing you guys for Game 3 and the Game 4 SWEEP!

michned
10-24-2005, 07:48 PM
I'm not too familiar with Arizona but I have a friend in Tucson that's all by her lonesome with no Sox fans around her. Does anybody know where Tucson Sox fans are hanging out to watch the games?

Tell her to check out the Chicago Bar on E. Speedway. I know this is the place for watching Bears games on Sunday but as far as baseball, I'm not exactly sure if this place is "Cub-centric" or not so she should call before she goes.

MarySwiss
10-24-2005, 07:57 PM
Tell her to check out the Chicago Bar on E. Speedway. I know this is the place for watching Bears games on Sunday but as far as baseball, I'm not exactly sure if this place is "Cub-centric" or not so she should call before she goes.

Thanks, Michned. I'll PM Realist to make sure he sees this.

pssondacubs
10-25-2005, 12:07 PM
Sounds like another good time. I'll try to make it. I'm sure I'll be a little late, got the family thing going on. But, better late than never. Should be good and hungry by then.

MarySwiss
10-25-2005, 01:52 PM
Sounds like another good time. I'll try to make it. I'm sure I'll be a little late, got the family thing going on. But, better late than never. Should be good and hungry by then.

Don't worry; we'll save you a seat! :gulp:

power98
10-25-2005, 05:52 PM
Just in case any Sox fans in AZ missed it...bump

Banana Farming? Only two left...:supernana: :supernana:

MarySwiss
10-26-2005, 01:04 PM
Back to Skip and Jan's tonight for some real "Killer Bees" -- beefs, beers, and brats. And beating the Astros!

Let's get it done, Sox!

power98
10-26-2005, 01:51 PM
Back to Skip and Jan's tonight for some real "Killer Bees" -- beefs, beers, and brats. And beating the Astros!

Let's get it done, Sox!
NO CUB FANS ALLOWED TONIGHT, RIGHT MARY?????

MarySwiss
10-26-2005, 03:07 PM
NO CUB FANS ALLOWED TONIGHT, RIGHT MARY?????

Gotta let MrMarySwiss in, but if he doesn't behave, I'll run him, just like I did yesterday! :cool:

pssondacubs
10-26-2005, 04:25 PM
Had a great time at the other gatherings. It might be tough to make it tonight. The back and forth drive can be hell. We're all in Tempe during the day and down to Casa Grande then back up.... And I'm sure tonight will be it. But we've had a great time. I'm intense as hell while the game is on. I'm sure you haven't noticed that. But I want to thank you for getting this together. All had a great time. And who knows we might make it back up.. But if not, I just wanted to thank you...

Magic number is :bandance: .

power98
10-26-2005, 04:48 PM
Had a great time at the other gatherings. It might be tough to make it tonight. The back and forth drive can be hell. We're all in Tempe during the day and down to Casa Grande then back up.... And I'm sure tonight will be it. But we've had a great time. I'm intense as hell while the game is on. I'm sure you haven't noticed that. But I want to thank you for getting this together. All had a great time. And who knows we might make it back up.. But if not, I just wanted to thank you...

I hope you guys can make it up tonight...if not, having lived in Maricopa for a year, I certainly understand.

It's been great to meet you and the other fans that haven't been afraid to be associated with us...and regardless of what happens in future years, this will be a World Series that we'll be talking about decades from now, part of it due to meeting great fans like you.

ASUSOXGRL
10-26-2005, 04:54 PM
Count me in!

MarySwiss
10-26-2005, 04:57 PM

I can certainly understand how wearing that trek is, especially after last night's marathon! I think tonight will be it, too, and we'll hang on to your seats in case you do make it. If not, it's been great getting together with you guys, and there's always Spring training.