PDA

View Full Version : Boston wuz robbed

oldcomiskey
12-13-2001, 07:20 AM
Like him or no--Everett is a solid ballplayer and all they got for him is Oliver----OH PLEASE---thats like trading Albert Belle for Jamie Navarro----alright Oliver is a better guy than Navarro but damn!!!!

Critque
12-13-2001, 08:14 AM
Truthfully OC, I think they were just trying to get rid of this guy anyway they could. Earlier in the day there was a rumor that Everett was going to the Padres for LanKford. I wonder what happened to that deal.

Paulwny
12-13-2001, 09:45 AM
Nomar, Pedro and Manny were all starting to complain about club house conditions, Everett is bad news.

czalgosz
12-13-2001, 10:03 AM
Plus, Everett had a bad year last year (OPS .761). The kicker is, of course, that not only did the BoSox take Oliver's $7M salary, but they gave the Rangers money to help pay Everett's salary. They really, really wanted to get rid of him.

harwar
12-13-2001, 10:18 AM
The guy is either a crackhead or he just plain nuts,i mean his own players admitted to being afraid of him when he gets out of control,which is often.I'll bet A-ROD & I-ROD were none too happy to hear about that pickup.The rangers need pitching,pitching,and more pitching.Not lunatic outfielders running wild thru the clubhouse.

Paulwny
12-13-2001, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by harwar
,i mean his own players admitted to being afraid of him when he gets out of control,which is often.

Shades of Jimmy Piersall

oldcomiskey
12-13-2001, 05:19 PM
I agree in principle--but Everett is a better player than Piersall ever thought about being