PDA

View Full Version : *** was up with the W flag in the stands after game 2

MikeLove
10-24-2005, 03:04 AM
Did anyone else catch it? Showed a couple of dumbasses holding up a big W flag after the Sox won. If that was some sort of jab at the cubs i could maybe almost give them a pass. Ughh though in my lifetime i hope i never again see that flag after a world series game, what the hell were those guys thinking?!?!

soxjim
10-24-2005, 06:14 AM
Thanks. I thought I was seeing things. What gets me is fans encouraging people to throw the ball back. There will all-ways be fools around. Mainly the SOX fans who are at the park are awesome.

elrod
10-24-2005, 08:36 AM
What color was the flag?

Baby Fisk
10-24-2005, 08:45 AM
What color was the flag?
Unmistakeable white flag with big blue W in the middle. It was cheeky and amusing, but some people are too invested in hating the Cubs... this is about US, not them.

What's with the people in the stands holding the championship banners? Are they pulling them down from the flagpoles or are they replicas? :?: They've shown fans holding both the 1919 AL Championship flag and the 1917 World Champions flag. Can these be purchased by the public?

SaltyPretzel
10-24-2005, 08:48 AM
Unmistakeable white flag with big blue W in the middle. It was cheeky and amusing, but some people are too invested in hating the Cubs... this is about US, not them.

What's with the people in the stands holding the championship banners? Are they pulling them down from the flagpoles or are they replicas? :?: They've shown fans holding both the 1919 AL Championship flag and the 1917 World Champions flag. Can these be purchased by the public?

I think you could buy them at the Soxfest garage sale.

Hokiesox
10-24-2005, 11:03 AM
The W flag looked way to similar to a certain flag flown after a certain team does something right. I hated it.

Jerko
10-24-2005, 11:12 AM
I don't want the Sox to adopt anything, ANYTHING, that those losers do. Even if poking fun. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery after all. IGNORE them!!!!!!!

PatK
10-24-2005, 11:16 AM
Watching the game the other night, when Lamb hit his home run, someone I was watching the game with yelled "Throw it back!".

I leaned over the couch and slapped him.

kittle42
10-24-2005, 11:31 AM
As much as I hate the Cubs, they become nonexistent after the Sox win the WS.

I might even just start going up to people wearing Cubs hats and asking them what team the hats are suppossed to represent.

CaptainBallz
10-24-2005, 11:34 AM
Watching the game the other night, when Lamb hit his home run, someone I was watching the game with yelled "Throw it back!".

I leaned over the couch and slapped him.

I feel kind of bad for these people just because of their sheer ignorance. They're trying to support the Sox and have a good time doing so, but they can't help but tick off any Sox fan with a clue. I guess the best we can try and do is educate the greenhorns, since they will be walking around trying to represent. They might as well get it right.