PDA

View Full Version : Serious Bar Question - ESPN AM 1000 Feed

SouthSide_HitMen
10-24-2005, 04:02 AM
Are there any bars either in Bridgeport, Downtown or on the North / Northwest Sides showing the White Sox games WITH FOX MUTED and John and Ed's radio feed on?

I am NOT going to watch a game with the clowns on Fox blabbing about the umpires.

Thanks in advance for any leads. Please post only if you know for certain and were at Games 1 or 2 where they muted the TV and had the radio feed on.

oeo
10-24-2005, 08:56 AM
How do you watch the game like that? The radio is way ahead of the TV, it annoys me. As much as I hate Buck and McCarver and would rather hear Rooney and Farmer, the difference in the delay times is just too big to use the radio as commentating for the TV.

Madvora
10-24-2005, 09:39 AM
Are there any bars either in Bridgeport, Downtown or on the North / Northwest Sides showing the White Sox games WITH FOX MUTED and John and Ed's radio feed on?

I am NOT going to watch a game with the clowns on Fox blabbing about the umpires.

Thanks in advance for any leads. Please post only if you know for certain and were at Games 1 or 2 where they muted the TV and had the radio feed on.
I was just talking about that with my friends at a bar last night. I would love to hear if anyone knows a place too.

As for the delay, I have been told in another thread yesterday that there was no delay between radio and tv at least for the first game. I haven't had a chance to try it out for myself yet.

MillerSoxFan
10-24-2005, 10:09 AM
There was no delay (or they were both on delay) for both games and it was awesome listening to Rooney and Farmer with the TV on mute. Farmer is less obnoxious than usual and they had hawk on for the last few innings of game one. You had to love the 'He Gone' after each strikeout by Jenks and Cott.

knocko94
10-24-2005, 10:53 AM
There is no delay for cable, bars with sattelite will still have delay

Hangar18
10-24-2005, 10:57 AM

The one thing Ive also noticed, is the the park was LOUUUUUUUUUUUD.
Except FOX has inexplicably MUTED the crowd microphones ........:angry: :angry:

ChicagoHoosier
10-24-2005, 10:58 AM
There is no delay for cable, bars with sattelite will still have delay

I was wondering that too. With DirecTV and TIVO, I have a delay still I'm pretty sure. Sucks, cuz Fox drove me nuts as well.

chisoxfanatic
10-24-2005, 10:59 AM
If you're at a BAR, how do you even expect to hear what's over the speakers?