PDA

View Full Version : The Power this Team (and this game) has

pl8ump1012
10-23-2005, 11:17 PM
At the risk of being a bit personal...
I'm 24 years old, been a sox fan since age 10, when I moved to the chicago area.

Last couple years, started to deal with some clinical depression.
Last couple months, stress levels (work, school) have gotten pretty high)
Last couple weeks, things - mentally - have been the worst they've been (nothing extremely bad, just...nothing anyone would like to deal with).

Last night (game 1), I was extremely fortunate to be offered a ticket to the game, and the white sox made me the happiest I've been in a long time. For 4 hours, I forgot about everything else, and watched my team win a World Series Game. Sure, it is just baseball, but the mood rubbed off on the whole day today as well. Just goes to show you what this team and this game can do.

I may not post very often, but i figured you guys would be a group I could share this with. Thanks for letting me.

Flight #24
10-23-2005, 11:22 PM
Hey man - :welcome: !

Hope you continue to do OK, and always nice to meet a fellow Sox fan!

MarySwiss
10-23-2005, 11:28 PM
Welcome!

Thanks for sharing, and please continue to post. This is a great community. Enjoy it!

elrod
10-23-2005, 11:35 PM
I'm a diagnosed obsessive-compulsive, and the performance of the White Sox plays a significant role in my symptoms. When people talk about their "lucky shirt", I really feel it. I know it's BS, of course, as all OCD sufferers do, but I can't avoid the feeling that I somehow affect what goes on on the field. Just remember, the White Sox are an external phenomena. Enjoy their success, but your happiness will come from within.

batmanZoSo
10-23-2005, 11:50 PM
At the risk of being a bit personal...
I'm 24 years old, been a sox fan since age 10, when I moved to the chicago area.

Last couple years, started to deal with some clinical depression.
Last couple months, stress levels (work, school) have gotten pretty high)
Last couple weeks, things - mentally - have been the worst they've been (nothing extremely bad, just...nothing anyone would like to deal with).

Last night (game 1), I was extremely fortunate to be offered a ticket to the game, and the white sox made me the happiest I've been in a long time. For 4 hours, I forgot about everything else, and watched my team win a World Series Game. Sure, it is just baseball, but the mood rubbed off on the whole day today as well. Just goes to show you what this team and this game can do.

I may not post very often, but i figured you guys would be a group I could share this with. Thanks for letting me.

Good for you. Depression is no good at all, find solace in whatever you can.

Just wait til we win it. :o: