PDA

View Full Version : Peter Gammons praises White Sox fans

Corlose 15
10-23-2005, 05:22 PM
I don't know if anyone saw this last night but the BBTN crew were talking about how loud the Cell was and what a great atmosphere it was.

Peter Gammons was then talking about how great the Sox fans were, he mentioned how he remembered the 1983 playoffs and that old Comiskey Park was insane and how great the crowd was in 1993 as well. Then, for his most important thing he chose White Sox fans and mentioned how he saw people with the old Veeck uniforms and the red pinstripes and how impressed he was. He then said that the Sox had a greater population than most people think. Its nice to see someone from the national media have a bit of a clue about Sox fans.

LongLiveFisk
10-23-2005, 05:36 PM
Nice to hear....but that's quite a turnaround from him saying a couple years back that the White Sox should be "contracted". :angry:

Palehose Pete
10-23-2005, 05:37 PM
I saw that, too. I couldn't believe my ears that someone from BBTN would have a clue as to what Sox fans are really like. It was a nice moment.

flo-B-flo
10-23-2005, 07:50 PM
....but that's quite a turnaround from him saying a couple years back that the White Sox should be "contracted". :angry: Yes the boston bean head did say that Didn't he.