PDA

View Full Version : Non-existent curses

Railsplitter
10-23-2005, 05:56 PM
A little fun here. Let's examine some teams lack of Series sucess and "blame" them on faux Curses

Indians- The Curse of the Burning River (applies to the Browns, too)

Cardinals - Spuds Mac Kenzie Curse (last win was before that mutt came out)

Giants- The NFL Team That Took Your Name Left Your Stadium Curse (Last win was when Gridiron Ginats were still in the Polo Grounds

PAPChiSox729
10-23-2005, 06:45 PM
Devil Rays- You just suck. Period. Curse

I really am hoping that the recent changes get TB on the right track. I can't wait for the day when we see the Devil Rays above the Yankees and Red Sox.

SoxSpeed22
10-23-2005, 06:51 PM
New York- World Trade Center curse. (How else can they blow a 3-0 lead?!)
Even if this is out of bounds, you said non-existent.

Whitesox029
10-23-2005, 06:52 PM
Astros/Rangers-The-Bad-Karma-for-making-fun-of-other-people's-states-for-being-too-small curse.

greenpeach
10-23-2005, 07:02 PM
A little fun here. Let's examine some teams lack of Series sucess and "blame" them on faux Curses

Indians- The Curse of the Burning River (applies to the Browns, too)

Cardinals - Spuds Mac Kenzie Curse (last win was before that mutt came out)

Giants- The NFL Team That Took Your Name Left Your Stadium Curse (Last win was when Gridiron Ginats were still in the Polo Grounds

The Lions-The Curse of the Edsel. They haven't won an NFL Championship since it was introduced by Ford in 1958.

WinOrDyeTrying
10-23-2005, 08:58 PM
Rockies: Curse of naming you're stadium after bad beer.

Look what happened to the Boise 'Taters, who played at Falstaff field.

DSpivack
10-24-2005, 12:24 AM
Cubs-Curse of the North Side [their last champioship came while their home grounds were the West Side Grounds].

How about all curses?

antitwins13
10-24-2005, 12:29 AM
How about the Curse of Nomar? The Red Sox didn't win till they traded him. I just pray the Cubs don't do the same.

SoxSpeed22
10-24-2005, 12:48 AM
How about the Curse of Nomar? The Red Sox didn't win till they traded him. I just pray the Cubs don't do the same.If we should finish the job, I will make a thread of such "cursed players."

SoxFan76
10-24-2005, 02:12 AM

Look what happened to the Boise 'Taters, who played at Falstaff field.

Coors ain't that bad. Miller Park is worse...name-wise.

StockdaleForVeep
10-24-2005, 02:32 AM
Marlins-curse of communism(hey, theyre missing out on a goldmine of players)
San Fran-curse of balco
Indians-curse of the white______, i could say sox, i could also say man, your choice

Coolpapa
10-24-2005, 03:12 AM
Mariners cursed by frappaccinos

Baby Fisk
10-24-2005, 09:03 AM
Boston = the Curse of Pedro

NY Mets = the Curse of Pedro

Frater Perdurabo
10-24-2005, 10:11 AM
Astros/Rangers-The-Bad-Karma-for-making-fun-of-other-people's-states-for-being-too-small curse.

Rangers: The "we didn't get the memo that MLB dropped the rule that you have to have been a team for 50 years to go to a World Series" curse.

Rangers/Indians: The curse of John Hart.

Dodgers/Rangers/Padres: The curse of Chan Ho Park.

Chicago Bears: The curse of Buddy Ryan (never won a Super Bowl without him!)

Railsplitter
10-24-2005, 10:37 AM

Or the Curse of Being Named After a Failed NHL Team

antitwins13
10-24-2005, 08:23 PM
How about the Missouri Astroturf curse? Neither the Cardinals nor the Royals have won it all since the Astroturf was replaced by grass in both ballparks.

Chips
10-24-2005, 11:37 PM
Or the Curse of Being Named After a Failed NHL Team

Didn't that failed NHL team go on to win three cups as the Devils?

SOXintheBURGH
10-25-2005, 12:01 AM

Yep, then the Nordiques won their first year as the Avs.

I used to have a Patrick Roy Quebec jersey that was one of my favorite possessions of my life until it was stolen.

A_ROW33
10-25-2005, 12:06 AM
Nationals: curse of naming your team after the league you play in

philies and twins: curse of naming your team after the city you play in

SOXintheBURGH
10-25-2005, 12:30 AM
Nationals: curse of naming your team after the league you play in

philies and twins: curse of naming your team after the city you play in

There was a Nationals team years ago.

VenturaSoxFan23
10-25-2005, 11:37 AM
There was a Nationals team years ago.

But their lone WS title was when they were the Senators. (1925, I think.)

Can we now say the ex-Cub curse is BS after the Diamondbacks won in 2001?

doublem23
10-25-2005, 11:54 AM
I believe the Yankees are suffering from the Curse of the Collective Will of Everyone West of the Hudson River.

StockdaleForVeep
10-25-2005, 03:44 PM
Yep, then the Nordiques won their first year as the Avs.

I used to have a Patrick Roy Quebec jersey that was one of my favorite possessions of my life until it was stolen.

Did you slice your hand open and vow a blood vengence till it was found and then go on a quest for it where you met an old man who taught you the secret to inner peace but before you reached the last level of enlightenment you were hit over the head by a brick and transported 2000 miles back to the point where your shirt was taken and remembered nothing but typing up this post? Cuz if not....well thatd be a shame

SOXPHILE
10-25-2005, 03:57 PM
Tigers- The Curse of the Parachute Pants. Last time they won the WS in 1984, those things were all the rage. TOTALLY AWESOME !

Railsplitter
10-26-2005, 03:15 PM

I lost track of what happened to The Kansas City Scouts, Colorado Rockies, California Golden Seals, and Cleveland Barons. They either moved and changed names or folded. I'm not sure which is which.

doublem23
10-26-2005, 03:59 PM
I lost track of what happened to The Kansas City Scouts, Colorado Rockies, California Golden Seals, and Cleveland Barons. They either moved and changed names or folded. I'm not sure which is which.

The Colorado Rockies were the direct ancestors of the New Jersey Devils.

I know this only because my dad used to have one of those old table top hockey games in the basement when I was growing up that had the logos of all the NHL teams along the sides of the rink. One of the was the Rockies, a team I had never heard of before. Anyways, for some assignment in grade school, we had to write a professional letter to someone or some organization, and I chose to write mine to the NHL asking what had happened to the Rockies.

Railsplitter
10-27-2005, 10:52 AM
Since John Facenda (Philadelphia newscaster and longtime NFL Films narrator) was mentioned in another thread, I would be remniss in this thread if I failed to mention no Philadelphia team has won any major championship since he died.

Knucksie
10-27-2005, 12:39 PM
How about the Curse of Nomar? The Red Sox didn't win till they traded him. I just pray the Cubs don't do the same.

How about an ARod curse. Damn glad we didn't get him or nomar two years ago.

Smokey Burg
10-27-2005, 02:39 PM
This one is way too easy.

Cubs - Curse of the forest. The Cubs haven't won a World Series since the timbers used to construct the ways for the Titanic were still trees.

chaz171
10-27-2005, 04:29 PM

Kansas city scouts became the Colorado Rockies and then became the NJ Devils.

The Oakland/ California Golden Seals/ Seals became the Cleveland Barons. The Barons Merged with another Fledgeling team called the Minnesota North Stars. this is how the Gund (big in cleveland) family became involved with the North Stars. and then the franchise split in half when the SJ sharks were founded.

chaz171
10-27-2005, 04:31 PM
Non exsistant curses? isn't that a redundancy? I don't believe in Voodoo, so I don't believe in curses.

bigfoot
10-27-2005, 08:34 PM
This one is way too easy.

Cubs - Curse of the forest. The Cubs haven't won a World Series since the timbers used to construct the ways for the Titanic were still trees.

Now THAT'S a great first post! Welcome!!!!:welcome:

buehrle4cy05
10-27-2005, 09:21 PM
How about the curse of the Red Sox?

It's only been 1 year since they won it all! A new curse has been born!

Unregistered
10-27-2005, 10:41 PM
How about the curse of the Red Sox?

It's only been 1 year since they won it all! A new curse has been born!No, the Red Sox now have the Curse of the Broken Curse. :cool:

Knoxville Sox
10-28-2005, 01:05 AM
Pirates...Box Cap Curse

Royals...The Spell of Andujar

Reds...Marge's Nazi Christmas Curse

Railsplitter
10-28-2005, 10:45 AM
Pirates and Steelers- The Penguins Took Our Colors Curse. (The Penguins went over the black and gold in 1980, after the Last Series win for the Pirates and last Super Bowl win for the Steelers)