PDA

View Full Version : Fox makes news out of NOTHING

doctorlecter
10-23-2005, 03:41 PM
After Ozzie made the move to pull Jose in the eighth, the WebMD injury report pops up with "Rusty Arms" as the "injury" to the Sox bullpen. 2IP, 0ER, 5Ks. I hope our starters come down with "Rusty Arms"! I did reference WebMD to see what symptoms are associated with this terrible condition, and here is what they know about it:
>> "A no-weight workout"
>> "Understanding tetanus -- the basics"
>> "Cheating wives -- Women and infidelity"
>> "Bedbugs back in U.S. beds"

Looks like our bullpen is dealing with a pretty rare condition, but at least they can persevere though it by blowing Astros hitters away with fastballs.

kninchicago
10-23-2005, 03:46 PM
Yes I noticed that too and I thought that was the most pathetic way for WebMD to get another plug in. It made me roll my eyes.

Hokiesox
10-23-2005, 05:21 PM
They're probably contracted to run that graphic once a game. When nobody is injured, they gotta make something up. I don't fault them, though it was kinda overblown.

krohnjw
10-23-2005, 05:30 PM
Personally I liked the mid inning commercial stint they did :angry: Nothing like a few adverts between batters...... :rolleyes:

JorgeFabregas
10-23-2005, 05:36 PM
Of course they are contracted to run that spot every game. However, you'd think with 50 players between the two teams they could find some actual injuries. Say, Clemens' leg or Bagwell's shoulder for starters.

soxfan26
10-23-2005, 06:02 PM
If I had a job I'd call in sick Monday morning due to a rusty back.

samram
10-23-2005, 07:46 PM
Of course they are contracted to run that spot every game. However, you'd think with 50 players between the two teams they could find some actual injuries. Say, Clemens' leg or Bagwell's shoulder for starters.

Right- Clemens could barely walk and they're coming up with nonexistent shoulder conditions.

Here's my thought: The only time I've seen that thing, it's had the shoulder highlighted. Maybe WebMD only does shoulder injuries. Of course, if that's the case, Bagwell has had a shoulder injury- why not use that?

Coasterbill
10-23-2005, 08:13 PM
I hate Fox

Lets go down the field

"Yeah Tim, it's raining"

..."back to you"

slavko
10-23-2005, 08:44 PM
It had to be in jest. Don't take everything you see so darned seriously. It's too bad there's no teal on TV. I even think it was a compliment to our starters.

LuvSox
10-24-2005, 09:08 AM
I wish MLB would just stay the hell away from Fox. They blow. The bottom of the barrel is giving tickets to stars of Fox sitcoms and showing them on camera to plug their shows. Disgusting.

Craig Grebeck
10-24-2005, 09:17 AM
my favorite thing that fox does is plant some of their network stars throughout the park, and then suddenly put a camera on them, like they're real fans, and they just happened to be there

"WHOAAAA, there's ___________ from Fox's very own Prison Break enjoying the game! Prison Break is on fridays at 7:30!"

ugh...it makes me sick

but not as sick as the in-game interview with Leon that Joe Buck tried to pull last year...what a freaking joke

thewalkoffshot
10-24-2005, 09:44 AM
my favorite thing that fox does is plant some of their network stars throughout the park, and then suddenly put a camera on them, like they're real fans, and they just happened to be there

"WHOAAAA, there's ___________ from Fox's very own Prison Break enjoying the game! Prison Break is on fridays at 7:30!"

ugh...it makes me sick

but not as sick as the in-game interview with Leon that Joe Buck tried to pull last year...what a freaking joke

Looks like you need to see that ad a few more times, the show is on at 8:00 on Mondays.