PDA

View Full Version : Signs at Game 1 / M & M Guy

SouthSide_HitMen
10-23-2005, 02:26 PM
I usually don't like the "Pimp the Network" signs at the park but I saw one of the best signs of the season in my section.

A guy drew a very good picture of Bobby from King of the Hill rigging off his shirt and having a White Sox logo underneath with the sign saying "Bobby Jenks King of the Hill." I don't know if they had it on TV but I hope he is there today with the same sign. Jenks does resemble Bobby and we all thought it was hillarious.

Of course there was the "Houston you have a problem" sign. Any others out there.

Also, any M & M guy sightings :D: .

SoXPriDe33
10-23-2005, 03:19 PM
There was one that I liked it said "we don't have a curse but we do have a Jenks" I thought it was pretty clever.

cheeses_h_rice
10-23-2005, 03:21 PM
I usually don't like the "Pimp the Network" signs at the park but I saw one of the best signs of the season in my section.

A guy drew a very good picture of Bobby from King of the Hill rigging off his shirt and having a White Sox logo underneath with the sign saying "Bobby Jenks King of the Hill." I don't know if they had it on TV but I hope he is there today with the same sign. Jenks does resemble Bobby and we all thought it was hillarious.

Of course there was the "Houston you have a problem" sign. Any others out there.

Also, any M & M guy sightings :D: .

I could see M&M guy sitting in the first row just to the first base side of the Scout Seats. At one point he was holding up a sign, but I couldn't read it.

He was very...yellow.

Foulke You
10-23-2005, 03:22 PM
There was a sign shown on the post game show hanging from one of the suites that said "Sox World Series Tickets = $185, Cub Fans at Home = Priceless". Also, someone hung a 1919 flag from the upper deck last night.

Dillinger25
10-23-2005, 03:32 PM
Saw a sign said, "Winning is our business, and business IS GOOD."

:shower

HawkDJ
10-23-2005, 05:18 PM
Someone had a "Play some Journey!" sign. I loved that.

LongLiveFisk
10-23-2005, 06:37 PM
I saw a "Party like it's 1917" sign.

BeviBall!
10-23-2005, 06:43 PM
The "Houston/Problem" and "Priceless" signs should all be banned.

LongLiveFisk
10-23-2005, 06:53 PM

LOL...I saw about 4 different ones with the "Houston/problem" and are they even showing those "priceless" commercials anymore??

spongyfungy
10-24-2005, 12:59 AM

yup. Totally screams "I'm not clever"

Though the houston/problem pretty much guarantees you on TV.

rocky biddle
10-24-2005, 01:40 AM
I would much rather see the clever 'Houston you have a problem' sign than a sign containing a cubs reference. It's the ****ing World Series. There's no reason to even acknowledge the cubs, their 'fans' or their decrepit ballpark. All it does is fuel the stereotype that Sox fans are more worried about hating the cubs than they are about cheering for the Sox.

cnw8052
10-24-2005, 02:18 AM
Saw a sign shown during the postgame on Comcast:

"My feet are cold, but my Sox are hot!!!"

Sox&Springsteen
10-24-2005, 08:02 AM
I liked the one that said "Thanks for making my dad's dreams come true." Along with the "1919" banner, this conveyed the fact that we have a great tradition--something the which the Fox announcers, along with the rest of the media (and country), are apparently oblivious (which has no bearing, whatseover, of course, on the richness of our traditions, or how much we love our White Sox) :smile:

As one of you said a few weeks back, "We don't need celebrities. We have real fans." To which I would add, "We don't need the national media. We (will) have a World Series pennant." :bandance: :bandance: