PDA

View Full Version : Peter Gammon's "Most Important Thing" for Game 1

Scotty347
10-23-2005, 12:58 PM
From Baseball Tonight after Game 1:
"The White Sox fans"

Said the crowd and fans were awesome and he was impressed with the Sox Fans, who "really know about tradition and the game of baseball". The whole Baseball Tonight crew looked pretty caught up in the atmosphere after the game. All White Sox except for the bit on Clemens.

Maybe next year we will have to worry about the Midwest Bias from that network.

Great to hear them raving about the White Sox after that performance.

VenturaSoxFan23
10-23-2005, 01:02 PM
The most important thing...is to take anything Baseball Tonight says with a grain of salt.:D:

JBJas42
10-23-2005, 01:17 PM
Most of the regular BBTN guys have acknowledged they didn't give the Sox enough credit all year. It really is nice that they recognized that rather than seemlessly becoming huge Sox fans (which they all now appear to be, for the most part).

I think it is funny how incompetent they seem to think the NL is right now though. I think they would've picked just about any AL team to win the WS this year v. any NL team. PG, JK and HR all picked the Sox, and while Karl Ravetch picked the Astros in 7 on tv, I heard him on the radio saying the White Sox were slightly better in all categories. I guess they just didn't want the whole panel picking the Sox on BBTN.

Strange times for White Sox fans, ladies and gents, strange times. This is feeling more and more like a fantasy world, but one that we all appreciate being in.

Lip Man 1
10-23-2005, 01:27 PM
Piss on Baseball Tonight and ESPN in general. To little to late gang.

Lip

flo-B-flo
10-23-2005, 02:32 PM

Lip Amen man, I ain't even watching them until it's over. espn- a four letter word.

nasox
10-23-2005, 02:51 PM

Lip

TOO little TOO late.

Brian26
10-23-2005, 03:05 PM
Just an interesting note on how seriously Gammons takes baseball....

I could see him last night standing on the ESPN stage on top of the Fundamentals Deck during the game. Not only was he keeping score, but he was tracking pitches. That's pretty hardcore.

Soxfan35
10-23-2005, 03:08 PM
I saw that too. He was very into the game.

greenpeach
10-23-2005, 03:08 PM

I could see him last night standing on the ESPN stage on top of the Fundamentals Deck during the game. Not only was he keeping score, but he was tracking pitches. That's pretty hardcore.

Hell, he should. It's his damn job & he gets paid very handsomely for it.

skobabe8
10-23-2005, 05:47 PM

Did ESPN take over the fundamentals deck completely? Anyone who was there, were fans allowed up there?

Fuller_Schettman
10-23-2005, 05:53 PM
These guys spend all season absolutely denying us any love whatsoever and now they are piling it on-- because they have no choice. None. Zip. Zilch. Nada. It is actually funny to watch these guys choking on their own words.

Am I the only one who thinks Harold Reynolds sounds like Chris Rock? Next time you watch "Everybody Hates Chris" ( a VERY funny show) think of HR doing the narration...

MarySwiss
10-23-2005, 05:57 PM
Am I the only one who thinks Harold Reynolds sounds like Chris Rock?

No, you are not. And thanks, I've been going crazy trying to figure out who Reynolds sounds like!

Domeshot17
10-23-2005, 06:12 PM
Even Worse was John Kruk saying during BBTN that if Wickman Retires, Jenks would be the front runner for the John Kruk Award. Do not know whats worse, Reynolds giving his award to Orlando Hudson because they both have/had " tremendous range, a great glove and amazing understanding of the game" (someone is a little full of themselves when they are demonstrating a double play with 13 inch gloves and larry bowa) or Kruk for picking the most effective fat guy in baseball.

Yah, these guys are experts

soxfan26
10-23-2005, 06:59 PM
Am I the only one who thinks Harold Reynolds sounds like Chris Rock? Next time you watch "Everybody Hates Chris" ( a VERY funny show) think of HR doing the narration...

Everybody hates Chris has earned a season pass on my TiVo. I caught the premire completely by accident and have been impressed so far. :thumbsup:

Brian26
10-23-2005, 07:27 PM
Did ESPN take over the fundamentals deck completely? Anyone who was there, were fans allowed up there?

Sko-

Yes. ESPN pretty much had their way with it. They had a huge stage built on top of the mini-field at the top. There were some press people standing on the level below that, and it looked like the level above it (where the cages are) was shut down too.