PDA

View Full Version : Hawk with Rooney and Farmer?

Madvora
10-23-2005, 12:06 PM
Did anyone listen to the game on ESPN1000 yesterday?
I just went to gameday audio to hear the archive of the end of the game and I heard Hawk on there with Rooney and Farmer.
When did that start? Did he do the whole game?

HotelWhiteSox
10-23-2005, 12:07 PM
I think it was the 8th (possibly the 7th)

Madvora
10-23-2005, 12:09 PM
That is great! I wish there wasn't a delay between TV and radio.

JBJas42
10-23-2005, 12:11 PM
Anyone know if Hawk will be on with Farmer and Rooney again tonight?

I would love to turn on the radio and shut off Tim "Negative" McCarver for a bit if Hawk was on.

ssirish317
10-23-2005, 12:12 PM
I taped the game and hooked up the radio to the VCR, so I've got Rooney and Farmer calling the whole game instead of Buck and McCarver. Hawk came on during the 8th and stayed in the booth until the last out. He kept pretty quiet though, only talking during breaks in the action. He did drop a few "He Gone" calls after Astro strikeouts.

ChiSoxJack
10-23-2005, 12:13 PM
That is great! I wish there wasn't a delay between TV and radio.

Actually there really wasn't a delay last night. I used the radio and turned the volume down on the TV and it was fine. I hope it's like that for the rest of the series.

VenturaSoxFan23
10-23-2005, 12:15 PM
:DJ

"If anybody's curious, I'm doing the games from my house. The kids love it when I do my John Rooney impression."

Madvora
10-23-2005, 12:15 PM
And BTW, there was NO RADIO DELAY. They had it almost perfectly timed with the TV broadcast.
Oh that is awesome news! The delay drives me nuts. I always try it, but I can't stick with it.
Too bad I'm going it be in a bar tonight.

Vernam
10-23-2005, 12:38 PM
To hear Hawk on the radio yelling "He Gone" after each Cotts and Jenks strikeout is something I'll never forget. The park PA was playing the recorded "He Gone" moments before Hawk did it on the radio. Just one of so many memorable moments last night.

Vernam

PaleHoseGeorge
10-23-2005, 12:49 PM
I'm glad Hawk is getting a chance to participate in the Sox post-season, but having him inside the radio booth is a distraction for long-time Rooney followers like me. Hawk adds very little to the broadcast as a color man and frankly hearing "He Gone" after each strikeout just doesn't have too much entertainment value. His shtick is TV play-by-play and it doesn't translate well as radio color.

Of course if having Hawk in the radio booth means Farmer has fewer opportunities to go off on another bizarre tangent, I'm all in favor of it.

:cool: