PDA

View Full Version : Street Parking

SoxRox
10-23-2005, 12:16 PM
I was thinking about avoiding the hoopla in the parking lots and parking on the street west of Halsted and 35th St. tonight.

Anyone know about how far west (or southwest/northwest) of 35th and Halsted I would need to be in order to avoid the towing restrictions?

I don't mind walking.

Thanks,

SoxRox

ssirish317
10-23-2005, 12:26 PM
For the ALCS I parked 1 block west of Halsted on I think 36th (A block or two north of Shallers Pub). There was a guy wearing a Sox hat in his front lawn raking where I parked and I asked him if I'd be OK parking there. He told be I'd be fine and that he'd keep an eye on my car. It worked out great. Saved me $20 on parking and it helped to walk off my buzz a bit before driving home.

JBJas42
10-23-2005, 12:27 PM
Make sure you read the signs, but I am fairly certain that Halsted is the dividing line. I believe that anywhere west of Halsted is fine to park on gamedays and anywhere east you need a residential permit on gamedays. I don't know what the N/S dividing lines are, but I would stick with going west of Halsted rather than further N or S.

We used to (and still sometimes do) park in a little cul de sac just west of Halsted near 37th and have never had a problem. Still, be careful and make sure there are no extra WS restrictions or something. Good luck.

Nyls Nyman
10-23-2005, 12:53 PM
The dividing line might be Racine for 35th Street itself. There's usually been plenty of street parking west of there even for nearly sold-out games, but my dad can't do the walking so we'd end up in one of the pay lots.

There might also be park and ride parking available at the CTA Orange Line stop at Halsted. Of course, you can pay for the parking (probably $1.50) and just "forget" to ride... :smile:

SouthSide_HitMen
10-23-2005, 02:15 PM
I don't know what the N/S dividing lines are, but I would stick with going west of Halsted rather than further N or S.

If IIRC, North of 29th is ok. Always check for signs including temporary paper signs as they may expand the zone and the City is dying to give you a ticket.

SoxRox
10-23-2005, 03:02 PM
Thanks for the feedback. I figured if I parked around Shallers Pub I'd be good to go. I can pop in for quick brewski before the game too!

-T

nasox
10-23-2005, 03:55 PM
I parked in Greektown on Halstead and took the Halstead bus to 35th. Worked great. Don't rely on cabs after the game though, nobody is there. couldn't get a cab to save my life, so I took the bus back up.

champagne030
10-23-2005, 03:58 PM
Thanks for the feedback. I figured if I parked around Shallers Pub I'd be good to go. I can pop in for quick brewski before the game too!

-T

Probably not a quick brewski....I think it was one in out after 3:30 yesterday.