PDA

View Full Version : How did the Cell look and sound like on tv

hose
10-23-2005, 02:27 AM
I hope the telecast showed just how much the fans were into the game. The Cell was rocking.

The park looked absolutely beautiful, tip of the hat to Roger Bossard.

PeteWard
10-23-2005, 02:30 AM
I hope the telecast showed just how much the fans were into the game. The Cell was rocking.

The park looked absolutely beautiful, tip of the hat to Roger Bossard.

The guy doing the ESPN Intl. broadcast said inthe late innings that it was the loudest crowd he had ever heard at an outdoor baseball game. Sounded very loud on tV for the most part but I thought it let up some for the middle innnings. I could be wrong.

rhill72
10-23-2005, 02:46 AM
You could be right we might have let down momentarily but I am going to tell you that the Cell rocked tonight. Every time that Contraras had a two strike count we were on our feet. I sat in sec 552 and I will be honest I have no voice right now hoping that it will come back before game time tomorrow. If I were to grade the fans tonight including myself I would give a B+. We as fans can always do better. Lets ROCK the place Sunday night and show Houston what we are about. SOX - 1 HOUSTON - 0. ITS A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!!!!

Corlose 15
10-23-2005, 03:14 AM
Beautiful and loud as hell. Especially during the 8th and 9th innings. Wish I could have been there.

antitwins13
10-23-2005, 03:26 AM
I don't think FOX did the volume justice. After the Sox fans started booing Astros players during the introductions they cut off the crowd sound.

D. TODD
10-23-2005, 04:33 AM
Buck & McCarver did mention that it has been the loudest crowds they have been around in the playoffs for the past 5 years. I will be their for game 1 of the A.L.C.S., and will be there tonight for game 2 of the Series, so I will see for myself if it has increased. It was damn loud for the A.L.D.S., and I will do my part to make it even louder tonight.

Wsoxmike59
10-23-2005, 08:54 AM
The ballpark looked phenomenal on TV. I was over at a friend's house watching it on his big screen in High Definition. (Sweeeeeeet!) :D:

It made me wish I had been there in person to witness it. The crowd was really in to it on every pitch.

C-Dawg
10-23-2005, 09:02 AM
I watched it at a bar that had big-screen TVs set up everywhere, all very loud. I commented to my friend, that its so loud it almost feels like being at the game.

Its surreal seeing OUR own ballpark in the World Series! Even seeing a foul ball going into the seats, I keep thinking Hey I've sat right there in that section!

Buck and McCarver were also very complimentary regarding the renovations the park has undergone these past few years.

LongLiveFisk
10-23-2005, 09:05 AM
Major props to those of you at Game 1. It sure as hell sounded loud and boisterous on my tv!! Great job!! :D:

Goose
10-23-2005, 09:19 AM
Everyone is right on with their comments on how the park looked and how loud it was...I wanted to comment on how the fans looked. I have to tell you, I thought that I was going to see a bunch of suits that filled the lower level stands. Either ALL of those suits went out and loaded up on their Sox gear, or there were WAY more REAL fans in the stands decked out. The stands were a sea of Black and Silver and it looked simply awesome! For those of you that will be there tonight, GET 'ER GOING again!

Go Sox

power98
10-23-2005, 10:53 AM
Everyone is right on with their comments on how the park looked and how loud it was...I wanted to comment on how the fans looked. I have to tell you, I thought that I was going to see a bunch of suits that filled the lower level stands. Either ALL of those suits went out and loaded up on their Sox gear, or there were WAY more REAL fans in the stands decked out. The stands were a sea of Black and Silver and it looked simply awesome! For those of you that will be there tonight, GET 'ER GOING again!

Go SoxIt's amazing...normally at a game (anytime, anywhere) either ESPN or FOX (or whoever is broadcasting nationally) will show opposing fans whenever they can. I saw NONE. So much for people saying that the park would be filled with corporate shills...all I saw on TV were Sox diehards rooting their team to victory!!!

:gulp:Here's one for the true Sox fans!

Magic number: :bandance::bandance::bandance:

BeviBall!
10-23-2005, 10:59 AM
It was absolutely amazing... the park was half-filled by 5:30. People were wearing Sox gear from all decades and there were only about 500 Houston fans in total.

The cheer after each strikeout got louder and louder and when Jenks K'd Everett to end it, it was the loudest crowd I've ever heard... not even close. They put on "Thunderstruck" and the place rocked for 10 minutes after the final out. Incredible.

It was obvious the RIGHT people got the seats last night. Corporate schills and curious bystanders need not apply for game 2 either.

samram
10-23-2005, 11:03 AM

Go Sox

Much of the lower level is inhabited, so to speak, by season ticket holders, I would think. So those people have been there all year if not for many years. Also remember that, in many situations, when corporations get these tickets, the people that actually use the tickets are fans of the team anyway, or they have drawings to see who actually goes. Furthermore, wearing a suit to work does not necessarily preclude one from following sports.:smile:

HawkDJ
10-23-2005, 11:43 AM
Yeah every 2 strike count, we were up on our feet. The place was insane at the beginning and the end of the game. Whoever said it sounded like it took a break in the middle innings is right. I think people were just cold and waiting for the White Sox Winner at the end.

At the very beginning of the game, Gene Honda did come on the PA and said that Fox is coming back from break and we have to show them who the loudest fans in baseball are.

After the game, it was great. The vendors, the security guards, the cops, even the CTA train conductors would give you high fives and say "three more".

Baby Fisk
10-23-2005, 11:51 AM
The best images were of Sox fans themselves. And you know they were the diehards, not bandwagoners with access to tickets. The joy on people's faces after HRs and key outs was beautiful. I loved that old guy in the white jersey and hat they showed a couple of times -- he was jumping up and down like a 10-year-old. The atmosphere at the park must be unprecedented.

Frankfan4life
10-23-2005, 12:11 PM

The park looked absolutely beautiful, tip of the hat to Roger Bossard.The Sox fans at Game One, and at all the playoff games, made me proud. The place was LOUD and KICKING! YOU GUYS ROCKED THE HOUSE!!! You guys showed everyone how passionate Sox fans are about their team. I don't ever think I've heard a louder stadium anywhere. I was so proud of the fans. Everybody was into the game and you could see the emotion on everyone's faces. The media can no longer say that Sox fans don't care about their team.

I know the players appreciated the support and I'm sure it was a factor in how well they played.

Thank you White Sox fans. Now, get louder and crazier at Game Two.

LET'S GO GO GO WHITE SOX!!!!!

JBJas42
10-23-2005, 12:13 PM
I don't think FOX did the volume justice. After the Sox fans started booing Astros players during the introductions they cut off the crowd sound.

I think you may be right. Last night's game was the first home playoff game my girlfriend and I weren't at, and we kept commenting on how the crowd sounded so quiet on tv.

We were busy cursing the non-partisan fans that go to World Series games, but based on how all of you were saying the Cell was rocking, I am getting my tinfoil hat on and thinking that FOX really may have limited crowd noise on the broadcast. If they did, that's terrible. :angry:

bigfoot
10-23-2005, 12:20 PM
Perhaps Fox Sports will imitate their NASCAR "Pump up the Volume" treat and allow the tremendous crowd noise to fill the room!??

Or am I just dreaming?

zach074
10-23-2005, 12:25 PM
I muted the TV and put on the radio and the crowded seamed very loud.

davenicholson
10-23-2005, 01:14 PM
I think you may be right. Last night's game was the first home playoff game my girlfriend and I weren't at, and we kept commenting on how the crowd sounded so quiet on tv.

We were busy cursing the non-partisan fans that go to World Series games, but based on how all of you were saying the Cell was rocking, I am getting my tinfoil hat on and thinking that FOX really may have limited crowd noise on the broadcast. If they did, that's terrible. :angry:
I agree that the crowd sounded, well, muted on the Fox surround sound broadcast. We watched it in HD, and I had the receiver set at volumes I normally reserve for Terminator movies, and the only things that seemed loud were the announcers.:angry: The park looked gorgeous in HD, though!

pudge
10-23-2005, 01:20 PM
I agree with what's been said, I think Fox really potted down the crowd noise. I knew by listening that it had to be louder than what it sounded. Also it did seem to go dead in the middle, my friends were commenting about that as we watched the game. I'm still shocked the tickets stayed over $1000. (And there is no White Sox nation, ha.) If they had dropped at all I would have been there. But as it is, I'm having a blast being in the city this weekend.

Bluegrass1SOXFAN
10-23-2005, 01:29 PM
You all are giving me chills hearing about how the experience was at the Cell last night!!! I live in Louisville, KY now, but grew up a die hard Sox fan in a little town called Fairbury (about 30 miles NE of Bloomington-Normal).

I wish i could be in Chicago to party with everyone, so please throw down a few cold ones for me and scream a little extra for all of us who can't physically be there. We are definetely there in spirit!!! :gulp:
The place looks spectacular on TV...all of you are making Sox fans across America very, very proud, and Envious :tongue:

Glebe
10-23-2005, 02:56 PM
Today I listened to the last two innings on the archived radio broadcast online and was struck by how much louder the crowd sounded on the radio than on Fox

mike squires
10-23-2005, 03:06 PM
Today I listened to the last two innings on the archived radio broadcast online and was struck by how much louder the crowd sounded on the radio than on Fox

Yuup, In the amnthem thread I mentioned I went out to listen to the anthem on the radio in my car because I knew the crowd would be much louder on the radio and I wanted to experience it. The crowd cheered through the entire thing. I watched it on video today and you didn't hear the crowd until the end. Wish I had a radio that I could listen to in the living room so I could hfear Rooney and Farmer...

Foulke You
10-23-2005, 03:44 PM
I agree that the crowd sounded, well, muted on the Fox surround sound broadcast. We watched it in HD, and I had the receiver set at volumes I normally reserve for Terminator movies, and the only things that seemed loud were the announcers.:angry: The park looked gorgeous in HD, though!
I agree that Fox's sound mix sucks. Joe Buck and McCarver's voice overshadow the energy in the park. Make no mistake, the crowd sounded loud, however, I don't think it does it justice.

Soxfan_25
10-23-2005, 05:44 PM
I watched at a fellow sox fanatic's house and must say that the ballpark looked fantastic and the crowd was rocking! It made me soooooo want to be there :) GO SOX!!!

Railsplitter
10-23-2005, 05:48 PM
Looked great, and I don't have a Hi Def set.

HawkDJ
10-23-2005, 06:18 PM
You know, I forgot to mention, and this is somewhat random, but there were 4 empty seats next to me the entire game! 4 empty seats!

FedEx227
10-23-2005, 06:33 PM
You know, I forgot to mention, and this is somewhat random, but there were 4 empty seats next to me the entire game! 4 empty seats!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! :whiner::whiner::whiner:

thats a shame, I was at a U of I frat house watching the game so our crowd was loud enough to do justice.

HotelWhiteSox
10-23-2005, 06:38 PM
The guy doing the ESPN Intl. broadcast said inthe late innings that it was the loudest crowd he had ever heard at an outdoor baseball game. Sounded very loud on tV for the most part but I thought it let up some for the middle innnings. I could be wrong.

Fox guys also said this. I agree that the Fox volume didn't really do the crowd justice, but you could hear them. Buck and McCarver said that since the great renovations, the crowd noise is kept more inside with the little roof they added, and it's one of the loudest they've visited in the last three or four years. It was also cool to watch in HD and hear Nancy, Gene, and the 59 song in surround. Also, the Cell looked great, but I'd also like to see them show the OF concourse or some other perks of the park, as I'm sure they'll do with Minute Maid and the train/CF hill.

Realist
10-23-2005, 06:47 PM
The only reason the crowd sounded a little subdued in the middle innings was because we were all standing in line for washroom. When ya gotta go, ya gotta go.

I'll never forget where I was when Crede hit his homer to break the tie. I was standing in the port-a-potty... zipping up.

:cool:

FarWestChicago
10-23-2005, 06:56 PM
I'll never forget where I was when Crede hit his homer to break the tie. I was standing in the port-a-potty... zipping up.TMI

soxjim
10-23-2005, 07:52 PM
The park was rocking. The SOX fans who were there did all of us proud. During the post game field interviews the song Thunder Struck was in the background. I can't hear that song without getting pumped up now. Go SOX.

GeauxSox
10-23-2005, 07:58 PM

Yes I agree. I do pro-audio. The crowd mics were not hot enough for me. And of course, I'm impartial...