PDA

View Full Version : I just noticed......

HootieMcBoob
12-12-2001, 11:28 PM
There have been a ton of people "browsing this forum" all day. Much more than usual - and there are so many more threads. It will be like that all this week I'm guessing b/c of the winter meetings and trade talk.

Anyway, if we do get Giles, which we most certainly won't....., it would nicely fill that need of lefty power in te middle of the order. I'm happy the Erstad deal fell through so I can still DREAM about Giles being on the Sox.

Another Question: Do you think the reason we all got pissed at the idea of getting Erstad just because the Giles rumor was out there too at the same time, and we got spoiled w/ the idea of getting Giles?? b/c at first, I heard a lot of positives about getting Erstad, but then everyone turned against him. Or is this just b/c none of us liked the idea of giving Garland up???

FarWestChicago
12-12-2001, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by HootieMcBoob
There have been a ton of people "browsing this forum" all day. Much more than usual - and there are so many more threads. Yes, there was a bit of activity today. :smile:

RedPinStripes
12-12-2001, 11:35 PM
I turned against Erstad as soon as I heard of the Giles rumor. I would give up Garland, Wells, Wright, and why not throw Royce in there for Giles.

OfficerKarkovice
12-12-2001, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by HootieMcBoob
Another Question: Do you think the reason we all got pissed at the idea of getting Erstad just because the Giles rumor was out there too at the same time, and we got spoiled w/ the idea of getting Giles?? b/c at first, I heard a lot of positives about getting Erstad, but then everyone turned against him. Or is this just b/c none of us liked the idea of giving Garland up???

I think you hit the nail on the head Mr. McBoob...Giles is a stud and there is no one in the right mind who wouldnt want him here. Erstads aquisition put that out of the question so most people were pissed...however Erstad would help this team and I wouldnt consider the deal closed yet. But in the mean time we can still pray for Giles I guess :D: