PDA

View Full Version : Hawk is in Chi-Town!

koch44
10-22-2005, 05:38 PM
I saw Hawk walk behind Chuck Garfeind, when he was broadcasting!

CantuSox
10-22-2005, 05:40 PM
Just saw Hawk on the Comcast pregame. Glad to know he'll be there. I couldn't see him not being there. Go Sox!

SoXPriDe33
10-22-2005, 05:41 PM
Hey that's awesome, I was listening to ESPN radio one day and he was on there and he said Farmer called him in Orlando and asked him to be in the booth with him and Rooney during the playoffs. He said he didn't want to take away from Rooney and Farmer so he declined.

koch44
10-22-2005, 05:45 PM
:hawk

"I don't like Phil Garner. I've played with him a long time, and I know who he is."

ssirish317
10-22-2005, 05:48 PM
Hawk was just on CSN and was asked about the Sox/his beef with Astro's mgr. Phil Garner. He didn't really get into it other than just saying "I don't like Phil Garner, and he doesn't like me. I've known Phil Garner a long time....I know what he is."

Anybody know the details of what the beef between the Sox and Garner is, other than the brawl between the Sox and Tigers in the 90's when Garner was at the helm?

DieTrying79
10-22-2005, 05:53 PM
Wow, I just saw that! I'd love to know more about that as well.

Good ol' Hawk, never bites the tongue. Man, I miss him!

Stroker Ace
10-22-2005, 05:57 PM
Too bad he won't take up the radio offer. Great to hear he is in town and at the park!

ChiWhiteSox1337
10-22-2005, 06:12 PM
Back when Garner managed the AL Milwaukee Brewers, Hawk said on TV that he believed Garner told Brewer pitchers to throw at Sox hitters. Garner came out and said that he'd be willing to actually fight Hawk.

veeter
10-22-2005, 06:26 PM
It was great to see Hawk. I think the Garner stuff is ancient history. By the way I think Pat Boyle does a great job. I wont hold the espn thing against him. But he's funny and genuinely behind the Sox.

Eric Bartman, today's top dope
10-22-2005, 06:47 PM
Nice to see Garner get a good booing during the introduction.

soxfanreggie
10-22-2005, 08:39 PM
I don't think any Houston guys were going to get cheers...as for Hawk...too bad he isn't going to be in the booth...

Soxzilla
10-22-2005, 09:19 PM
It was great to see Hawk. I think the Garner stuff is ancient history. By the way I think Pat Boyle does a great job. I wont hold the espn thing against him. But he's funny and genuinely behind the Sox.

The funniest thing Pat Boyle ever did was get yelled at by Williams after the ALCS.

Tool.

SAVVY18
10-22-2005, 10:28 PM
It was GREAT to hear Hawk in the booth with Rooney and Farmio. Loved the "HE GONE" in the 8th inning!!

Domeshot17
10-22-2005, 10:57 PM
20 to 1 Says Moronottis article tommrow bashes Hawk some, praises Garner, all written while he wears his Kerry Wood Jersey Shirt

antitwins13
10-23-2005, 12:42 AM
It was GREAT to hear Hawk in the booth with Rooney and Farmio. Loved the "HE GONE" in the 8th inning!!

Wait! Hawk was in the BOOTH!!!!!!!!??????

Brian26
10-23-2005, 12:44 AM
Can anyone give a recap of Hawk's radio appearance today? Did he do the whole game with John and Ed?

dcb33
10-23-2005, 12:57 AM
Can anyone give a recap of Hawk's radio appearance today? Did he do the whole game with John and Ed?

Hawk was in the booth from the 7th inning on and really didn't call any of the game. Mainly he conversed with Rooney and Farmer when there was a lull in the action, but was sure to get a "He Gawn!" in whenever any of the Astros batters struck out. :bandance:

I hope he's in the radio booth tomorrow night, too.

SouthSide_HitMen
10-23-2005, 01:57 AM
Hey that's awesome, I was listening to ESPN radio one day and he was on there and he said Farmer called him in Orlando and asked him to be in the booth with him and Rooney during the playoffs. He said he didn't want to take away from Rooney and Farmer so he declined.

During the beginning of the game Ed Farmer pointed out Hawk and said "I sure hope he comes in the booth we would love to talk to him". I am glad he did.

What is DJ up to? Not that I miss him much but I hope he gets to see the games as well.

antitwins13
10-23-2005, 02:13 AM
What is DJ up to? Not that I miss him much but I hope he gets to see the games as well.

I miss DJ and I'm not afraid to say it. I wanna here the UH-OH! call in the World Series. That would be priceless.

Theanticub
10-23-2005, 02:58 AM
I miss DJ and I'm not afraid to say it. I wanna here the UH-OH! call in the World Series. That would be priceless.

I need hawk in my white sox broadcasts or i go insane....OMG IM GOING INSANE............

mike squires
10-23-2005, 02:18 PM
YOu mean Reinsdorf and security let him in???!!!:smile:

lths06
10-23-2005, 02:33 PM
When is Hawk's contract up? I don't want to imagine what it will be like watching the Sox without him:whiner: .

oeo
10-23-2005, 03:09 PM
When is Hawk's contract up? I don't want to imagine what it will be like watching the Sox without him:whiner: .

I'm pretty sure that Hawk would take anything to do this for the rest of his life, he loves it. Not only that but I can't see the White Sox letting him go.

Daver
10-23-2005, 03:10 PM
When is Hawk's contract up?

Not soon enough.

Soxfanspcu11
10-23-2005, 04:38 PM

It would never be the same, if they got someone else to take hawk's job it would be terrible. He makes listening to the games on TV. You don't see loyalty and passion anymore like he has. It wouldn't sound right without him.

Theanticub
10-23-2005, 05:11 PM
Not soon enough.

Are you kidding me? Hawk is white sox baseball. Who would you rather have Joe Buck??? Joe Morgan??? Come on man hawk is great.

Daver
10-23-2005, 05:36 PM
Are you kidding me? Hawk is white sox baseball. Who would you rather have Joe Buck??? Joe Morgan??? Come on man hawk is great.

Ken Harrellson is terrible, the only thing he is good for is getting a clue on what the front office wants to promote.

Theanticub
10-23-2005, 06:02 PM
I guess we can agree to disagree. Hawk is great, I hope and know they will keep him for a while. He has been with the sox for soo long, I do not want to watch a regular season game w/o him.

ode to veeck
10-23-2005, 08:26 PM
He has been with the sox for soo long

so ?!

(why should we have to continue to suffer)

Soxfanspcu11
10-23-2005, 08:31 PM
so ?!

(why should we have to continue to suffer)

I would be suffering without him! And I know many many others who agree! He is the freakin man!

antitwins13
10-23-2005, 11:38 PM

I agree Hawk is the man. I don't understand why some Sox fans don't like him. They complain when Fox announcers are biased against us then when Hawk is biased for us they don't like that either. I honestly think Sox fans are the hardest fans to please in baseball.

Theanticub
10-24-2005, 12:02 AM
I agree Hawk is the man. I don't understand why some Sox fans don't like him. They complain when Fox announcers are biased against us then when Hawk is biased for us they don't like that either. I honestly think Sox fans are the hardest fans to please in baseball.

For some reason...I feel like telling you I love you, and you should say that im not getting your bud light.

The Dude
10-24-2005, 12:52 AM
Ken Harrellson is terrible, the only thing he is good for is getting a clue on what the front office wants to promote.

Ok let me get this straight, not to be a jerk but Daver, you hate Hawk, you hate Ozzie, and you hate Paulie. Did i get that correct? I love what you mods do but come on, these guys are White Sox baseball and I wouldnt trade them for the world!:D:

TWO MORE WINS!!!!

Chips
10-24-2005, 01:02 AM
Ok let me get this straight, not to be a jerk but Daver, you hate Hawk, you hate Ozzie, and you hate Paulie. Did i get that correct? I love what you mods do but come on, these guys are White Sox baseball and I wouldnt trade them for the world!:D:

TWO MORE WINS!!!!

Are you wrong? No. Hawk, Ozzie, and Paulie are ****ing great.

MILTMAY5
10-24-2005, 01:52 AM
I love Hawk! He is the voice of the White Sox! I've often wondered how he ended up with the Sox in the first place, seeing that he had no prior affiliation with them like he did with Boston when he broadcast there. Anybody know the story behind this?

wdelaney72
10-24-2005, 08:43 AM
By the post count of your IDs, I can tell that some of you haven't been around this site too long. I'll try and break this down for you.

Many on this site do not care for Hawk. While I personally LOVE Hawk, their criticisms ARE valid. Hawk is supposed to be play-by-play, but on many occasions, he doesn't call the game. This is especially true in games when the Sox aren't playing well. Hawk is also a company suck-up. Everything the front office does is perfect (2 years ago, Willie Harris WAS the answer at 2B. This year, our outfield and DH was just too good for Griffey). Hawk was also behind the cutting of Carlton Fisk on the road in Cleveland. The list goes on.

As much as I love Hawk, he is indeed a lousy play-by-play broadcaster. Still, I love his stupid cliches and over-the-top enthusiastic calls. You have to also accept, though, he's not for everybody. The people who criticise Hawk here do indeed have valid point. It's just a matter of preference.

kevingrt
10-24-2005, 11:37 AM
Anyone know if Hawk will be traveling with the team to Houston or is he going to go back home ot Florida? Hopefully he stays with the team.