PDA

View Full Version : Here is what Singleton said RPS/Wound/CLR

Jerry_Manuel
12-12-2001, 09:24 PM
CLR all I did was search the free WSI archives!
From the Daily SouthTown:
Singleton's ready, willing to move on
Monday, August 6, 2001
By Joe Cowley
Staff writer
His voice is still calm and his demeanor remains low-key. But White Sox center fielder Chris Singleton might be close to the breaking point where his role with the team is concerned.
When rookie Aaron Rowand began getting playing time in center field ahead of Singleton a couple of weeks ago, Singleton met with Manager Jerry Manuel and got the answers he wanted to hear.

"Anything that I may have thought was cleared up with simple conversation with the manager," Singleton said July 23. "I think I had your basic general concerns that a player has. I want to be a team player, but I also want to play."

Singleton believed at the time that the Sox were simply evaluating the 23-year-old Rowand. Singleton, 28, thought the situation would play itself out in his favor, and he expected to get his starting job back.

That hasn't happened, and it doesn't look like it will anytime soon. Rowand started his sixth straight game in center field Sunday, and Singleton is playing an extended waiting game.

"I'm in the stage that all I can say is I have to see how the next couple of months play out," Singleton said. "I've got less than 60 days left in the season. Anything from now or after that ... we'll see. I guess I have no comment. There's a deeper side to this, but I can't comment on it.

"I hope Aaron plays well. I really do. Through him playing well, it gives me an opportunity in other ways. This center field job out there is not the only center field job in the game."

Singleton, in his third season with the Sox, is hitting .271 with three home runs and 21 RBI, and he has a disappointing .297 on-base percentage.

After hitting a home run Sunday to go 1-for-4, Rowand is batting .293 with three homers and 11 RBI in 208 fewer at-bats than Singleton has. The key stat in Rowand's favor is his on-base percentage of .387.

With the non-waiver trade deadline behind them, the Sox can move Singleton this season only if he clears waivers. Singleton sounds as if he would welcome a trade.

"I think it would be a very possible thing if the White Sox are willing," he said. "The ball is in their court. If they were to (keep me as a fourth outfielder), then I would have to have a pretty solid agreement. But that's basically what they're saying now. Do I accept that? No. Am I looking to do something else? Yes. Or go somewhere else? Very much so.

"Some type of decision is going to be made here in the future. Things will be coming to a head here soon, and then we won't have to speculate any longer."

PaleHoseGeorge
12-12-2001, 09:31 PM
Convicted.

:slowswing = :whiner:

CLR01
12-12-2001, 09:33 PM
Hey that is still not bitching, that is simply keeps ones options open. The guy wants to play, so what. Atleast he had the class to go to the manager first.

Who the hell invited you into this conversation anyway, JM? :smile:

Blah who cares, i have to go out for a few, be back later.

"Me too, see you next years sox fans, ill be the guy in center."
:slowswing

Your all just jealous.

"YEAH!"

:)

Jerry_Manuel
12-12-2001, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by CLR01
Who the hell invited you into this conversation anyway, JM? :smile:

I jumped at the chance to prove you wrong. :D:

RedPinStripes
12-13-2001, 12:00 AM
Thank you JM.

Hmmmmmmmm.............
Guess your selected article wasn't the only one huh CLR? Mark it down. 2 strikes on RPS. :D:

:flameswing
Pirates! Here I come!

CLR01
12-13-2001, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
Thank you JM.

Hmmmmmmmm.............
Guess your selected article wasn't the only one huh CLR? Mark it down. 2 strikes on RPS. :D:

:flameswing
Pirates! Here I come!

Hey i never said it was the only one, i just said find me them. And yes that is two strike, one more and you will be spending your days with Knueman over at cs.com. :smile:

"Ummm...we played the Pirates last year, I wont see them this year unless i turn on the TV."

"Hey RedPinStripes come on over, i have plenty of open bandwidth on my site, i will get you some pictures to play with and i will make you an administrator, and best of all we can talk about the cubs all we want."

:knue

RedPinStripes
12-13-2001, 12:25 AM

Hey i never said it was the only one, i just said find me them. And yes that is two strike, one more and you will be spending your days with Knueman over at cs.com. :smile:

"Ummm...we played the Pirates last year, I wont see them this year unless i turn on the TV."

"Hey RedPinStripes come on over, i have plenty of open bandwidth on my site, i will get you some pictures to play with and i will make you an administrator, and best of all we can talk about the cubs all we want."

:knue

LOL!

FarWestChicago
12-13-2001, 12:25 AM

:knue Hello Knue-man. I'm sorry to be the one to tell you, but RPS is too good for Flubsinteractive.com. Spam elsewhere for people lame enough for your site.

CLR01
12-13-2001, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
Hello Knue-man. I'm sorry to be the one to tell you, but RPS is too good for Flubsinteractive.com. Spam elsewhere for people lame enough for your site.

Well he does have bad taste in his football team but i guess he is alittle to good for cs.com. But still one more strike and he is gone. We have to enforce the rules.

RedPinStripes
12-13-2001, 12:29 AM
Hello Knue-man. I'm sorry to be the one to tell you, but RPS is too good for Flubsinteractive.com. Spam elsewhere for people lame enough for your site.

LOL.! Was this guy a member of this site before? Or is he just a well known tool or troll?

RedPinStripes
I'm still a rookie here.

FarWestChicago

Well he does have bad taste in his football team but i guess he is alittle to good for cs.com. But still one more strike and he is gone. We have to enforce the rules. :slowswing

I struck out a lot and I'm still here.

CLR01
12-13-2001, 12:30 AM

LOL.! Was this guy a member of this site before? Or is he just a well known tool or troll?

Knue-man is the webmaster over at Chicagosports.com. He hates us because we ruined his Chicago Survivor contest last winter.

CLR01
12-13-2001, 12:31 AM

I struck out a lot and I'm still here.

and he is not going anywhere. He is going to retire a white sox 10 years from now.

"Ill get mny very own seat from Old Comiskey when i do."

FarWestChicago
12-13-2001, 12:34 AM

LOL.! Was this guy a member of this site before? Or is he just a well known tool or troll? No, he's always been a lurker. He got so pissed at us for ruining his silly assed, Flubs biased Chicago Survivor game he actually linked to us on his site. He wanted people to see us gloating. Man, we got a lot of traffic and members from that link. What a dumbass. :smile:

RedPinStripes
12-13-2001, 12:43 AM
No, he's always been a lurker. He got so pissed at us for ruining his silly assed, Flubs biased Chicago Survivor game he actually linked to us on his site. He wanted people to see us gloating. Man, we got a lot of traffic and members from that link. What a dumbass. :smile:

I've been to CS.com a few times and the posts just made me sick so I never bothered to post there. It was too Cub based for me.

Hey Clr.............

What fun is it if you don't break any rules? I personally love to press my luck . Keeps things interesting. :cool:

CLR01
12-13-2001, 12:56 AM

I've been to CS.com a few times and the posts just made me sick so I never bothered to post there. It was too Cub based for me.

Hey Clr.............

What fun is it if you don't break any rules? I personally love to press my luck . Keeps things interesting. :cool:

Certain rules are meant to be broken. The singleton bashing one is not. A really fun rule to break is stealing in a mall, dont do it for the item but for the joy of watching a mall security guard chase you. Give the item back when it is over. :)

FarWestChicago
12-13-2001, 12:59 AM

Certain rules are meant to be broken. The singleton bashing one is not.:sopranos

We'll decide what the rules are around here.

WinningUgly!
12-13-2001, 01:11 AM
Certain rules are meant to be broken. The singleton bashing one is not.

A look into the future....early in the 2002 season...

:rowand
"Hey Chris, go get my bat."

"Here ya go Aaron, I'll re-lace your glove while you're batting."

"Thanks Chris. Man, am I glad we didn't send you to to Anaheim."

RedPinStripes
12-13-2001, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!

"Hey Chris, go get my bat."

"Here ya go Aaron, I'll re-lace your glove while you're batting."

"Thanks Chris. Man, am I glad we didn't send you to to Anaheim."

*****!

CLR01
12-13-2001, 01:24 AM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!

A little bit further into the future...

"Hey Chris, Aaron ran into the damn wall again. Grab your glove."

:jerry

"You got it skip"

"Where am I?"

"It doesnt look good for him:

:herm

"Due to head injuries, Aaron Rowand has been forced to retire."

:KW

"Chris you are my centerfielder again."

"Welcome to the NFL on FOX, I am Aaron Rowand and this is my partner Troy Aikmen, Todays match-up is the Chicago Bears vs. the Green Bay Packers."

"Putz!"

FarWestChicago
12-13-2001, 01:27 AM
OK CLR, that was pretty funny. But, get the damn quote function right. :smile:

CLR01
12-13-2001, 01:30 AM
OK CLR, that was pretty funny. But, get the damn quote function right. :smile:

Opps my bad, i the pictures in his post so it didnt give me the error message, guess i went to far.

RedPinStripes
12-13-2001, 01:31 AM

"You got it skip"

"Where am I?"

"Welcome to the NFL on FOX, I am Aaron Rowand and this is my partner Troy Aikmen, Todays match-up is the Chicago Bears vs. the Green Bay Packers."

"Putz!"

This might bring strike 3, but does anyone think there will be another attempt to move Kip, Garland and Singleton since they feel unwanted now? I'm sure they are all happy about being here because the Angels said they were nobodys.

Lenny Dyksta is my idol.

RedPinStripes
12-13-2001, 01:33 AM
I do have to compliment CLR on the pic set up witht he quotes, and no I'm not trying to avoid strike 3 either. I thought it was hilarious.

WinningUgly!
12-13-2001, 01:35 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by WinningUgly!
[B]

"You got it skip"

"Where am I?"