PDA

View Full Version : The day we have been waiting our whole lives for...

Theanticub
10-22-2005, 11:43 AM
HAS ARRIVED!!!!

Have a great night all of you, be safe and lets bring forth a white sox winner.

---theanticub----

Railsplitter
10-22-2005, 12:48 PM
Funny that nobody's asked me if I'm ready for this. I'd like to be able to say "I've been ready for this for as long as I'vew been a Sox fan."

chisoxfanatic
10-22-2005, 01:00 PM
...and now enter the butterflies in my stomach...I haven't had these all week long, and now they are here...blech! The only things that can cure that are MORE COWBELL...oh, and a SOX WORLD SERIES!!!

Lip Man 1
10-22-2005, 01:03 PM
It's ironic that after waiting 45 years for a World Series, I am not able to watch tonight.

I'm part of the Idaho State University radio network and they play at Sacramento State this evening. Pre game is at 7PM Chicago time and Kick Off is at 8 Chicago time.

Thank God for video tape and the internet! :smile:

Win or lose this has been a memorable season. One that Sox fans will long remember. Good luck to the team...good luck to the fans. Enjoy and savor this next week.

Lip

sullythered
10-22-2005, 01:03 PM
I feel like I'm gonna throw up. Let's go White Sox... please.

RedFoxSoxFan
10-22-2005, 01:06 PM
and to think i may have to work tonight. :angry: Altho, if it keeps on raining it may be canceled. :drunken:

SOXintheBURGH
10-22-2005, 01:07 PM
I woke up this morning and stretched.. and the first thing that popped in my head was:

:hawk
"He looks up! Stretch!"

:walkoff:

chisoxfanatic
10-22-2005, 01:14 PM
Ha, wouldn't it be something if AJ Pierzynski had a HUGE night for us?! I'd sure go for that! :D:

IronFisk
10-22-2005, 01:21 PM
...and now enter the butterflies in my stomach...I haven't had these all week long, and now they are here...blech! The only things that can cure that are MORE COWBELL...oh, and a SOX WORLD SERIES!!!

Well, I can help with this...

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a334/Violinski/MoreCowbell.jpg

chisoxfanatic
10-22-2005, 01:25 PM
Well, I can help with this...

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a334/Violinski/MoreCowbell.jpg

It's one thing to POST the Cowbell...but it's a completely different thing to BRING the Cowbell!!! The later is the best there can be!

mrs. hendu
10-22-2005, 03:02 PM
HAS ARRIVED!!!!

---theanticub----

I may have been waiting for this day only for like 6 years, but I'm so excited and can't wait till the game starts, especially seeing my hubby and his dad so excited. This is history in the making guys and these :whiner: are tears of joy. What a great feeling is it to read about our beloved Chicago White Sox and the Worlds Series in the same sentence!!!!!!!!!!!!

miker
10-22-2005, 03:06 PM
Watching the White Sox in Game 1 of the World Series is going to be the second-best day of my life...

...the best hasn't happend yet!

Wsoxmike59
10-22-2005, 03:58 PM
I've waited for this day for 46 years. I was born one month after the 1959 World Series and became a Sox fan sitting on my father's knee first as a small toddler, and then became hooked for life on the game, and the Sox when he took me to my 1st game in 1968! (It got rained out....but I made him take me to the park anyway!)

So I can most assuredly say I've been waiting for this day for well over 40+ years! So this post is for all the long time Sox fans, who have been waiting a lifetime to see their team get to the World Series.

This is also for all the Sox players who I grew up watching and loved, but never got a chance to play in a World Series, either with the Sox or after they moved on.

Some players come to mind like:

Ken Berry, Pete Ward, Wilbur Wood, Dick Allen, Stan Bahnsen, Tom Bradley, Bart Johnson, Cy Acosta, Duane Josephson, Ed Herrmann, Gary Peters, Bobby Knoop, Bill Melton, Walt Williams, Jerry McNertney, Eddie Leon, Tony Muser, Ken Henderson, Ralph Garr, Richie Zisk, Eric Solderholm, Brian Downing, Jim Essian, Tom Paciorek, Steve Kemp, Lerrin LaGrow, Tex Wortham, Britt Burns, Ross Baumgarten, Salome Barojas, Francisco Barrios, LaMaar Hoyt, Rich Dotson, Ron Kittle, Vance Law, Ivan Calderon, Ron Karkovice, Scott Fletcher, Dave Martinez, Carlos Martinez, Darryl Boston, John Cangelosi, John Snyder, Carlos Lee, Magglio Ordonez and this list goes on and on, and last but not least Jerry Dybzinski.

(all is forgiven Dybber!!):D:

CJLove23
10-22-2005, 04:25 PM
I feel like I'm gonna throw up. Let's go White Sox... please.

ME TOO!!! I have way too many butterflies and my stomach is too upset for this to be normal!! And it's not even near 7 o'clock!! I hope I have a full tank of Mylanta when the pre show rolls around! :?:

GO SOX!!!!

soxfan26
10-22-2005, 04:54 PM
GO SOX!!!!

I'm getting a bit anxious myself

:millslane

"LET'S GET IT ON!"

SoxFan76
10-22-2005, 05:01 PM
Hour and a half until pregame.

soxfan60643
10-22-2005, 05:13 PM
I cannot believe this day has finally arrived. I was born and raised on the South Side and have loved the Sox my entire life. Memories:

As a child my uncle had season tickets and he would bring me to games; I didn't really know what was going on but I remember the cheers and the fireworks. Later I would lie in my bed with a transistor radio tuned to AM 670 listening to the games

I was eight in 1983 and I had a "Winning Ugly" t-shirt I wore everyday as I watched the magic number decrease. I stood in line for 3 hours in Chicago Ridge Mall to get Ron Kittle's autograph. I was at the game where the Sox clinched their playoff berth. I can still see Hardold Baines hit that sacrafice fly and score Julio Cruz.

I went to a S.O.S. (save our sox) rally in eigth grade and I couldn't understand why anyone would want to move my team. By some miracle the Sox stayed.

I went to college in 1993 and the Sox came with me. I was crushed watching them play the Jays.

In 1994 I lost my faith. I wans't so upset at the strike, more at what could have been. That team had a real shot and could have gone deep in the postseason.

In 2000 I had my first real job and I sat by my computer hiding my walkman listening through one earphone as our hitting collapsed and we lost to the Mariners.

Two years ago I questioned the hiring of a certain former Sox shortstop as a manager. I felt we were close to contending and I didn't want some person learning how to manage slowing us down.

I was wrong. It is 2005 and I have just had one of the best weeks of my life. All the Bulls championships were great and the '85 Bears were exciting but this is so much bigger. This is the World Series! The history is overwhelming. I still cannot fully believe this is happening.

I am so glad I found WSI. This community has made this run all the more special. I plan on being part of this group for a long time. This is for all those players who had great careers but never made it to this stage. Thank you to all the Sox fans who root this team on. Thank you to all the WSI staff who make this communication medium possible.

I will now make preperations to watch the game with my wife and my parents- the people who introduced me to baseball. Tonight as I am toasting a White Sox victory I will rasie a second toast for all the Sox fans out there feeling the same thing I am.

Go Sox

batmanZoSo
10-22-2005, 05:51 PM
Oh my god I'm gonna lose it when they introduce the players. And show a completely packed Cell with the ominous black arched roof, the World Series logo painted bright on the green grass, the red, white and blue banners hanging along the walls, the crowd glowing in the lights and the Sox on the stage for America's pastime.

This is a big one in Chicago history, boys. Come ready to play. I'd appreciate a '59-style 11-0 rout, but if Clemens is too Clemens-like, we can just win the next four in a row.

Killer-Beees
10-22-2005, 05:53 PM
HAS ARRIVED!!!!

---theanticub----

Same title line for us, and as you said, be safe and good luck to your ball club tonight.

Ol' No. 2
10-22-2005, 06:19 PM
It's time. Strap it down, cinch it up, hunker down, man up, bear down, stand up and get it done.

veeter
10-22-2005, 06:20 PM
I'm very ready. I'm nervous but confident. If Jose goes 1..2..3 in the first, put it in the bank.