PDA

View Full Version : WS Game Day 1

Professor
10-22-2005, 10:16 AM
Alas, the first game of the World Series is upon us. I, unfortunately, live in exile--St. Louis. I imagine that there will be a lot of activities throughout the city of Chicago, and maybe even elsewhere as everyone prepares for the big game tonight.

I thought I would start a thread where everyone would post various things they were doing (pre-game parties, cookouts, rallies, etc.) or to post any events they witnessed going on about them.

Here we are, the World Series!!!!!!!!!!! Let's go Sox!

hose
10-22-2005, 10:25 AM
Things to do this Saturday:

Lets see I have to stop at Home Depot, do some leaf raking, drop a book off for my brother in law, pick up a prescription at Costco, go to the bank. Thats about it....oh yeah almost forgot , swing over to the Cell to see the White Sox play in the World Series.

Professor
10-22-2005, 10:37 AM
Link (http://www.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20051021&content_id=1256599&vkey=ps2005news&fext=.jsp). MLB.com on Sox fever in Chicago.

DumpJerry
10-22-2005, 10:40 AM
Wash the car, go to the grocery store, call my mom, watch a World Series game in Chicago, read a book, clean the house, water the plants.

Wait a minute....did I say "WATCH A WORLD SERIES GAME IN CHICAGO?"

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!:supernana: :supernana: :supernana:

1951Campbell
10-22-2005, 10:43 AM
I'll be here at the office working on a brief. My wife promised a "fancy" dinner, and then the game.

eastchicagosoxfan
10-22-2005, 10:46 AM
I went to the store, purchased eight pounds of pork tenderloin, which should be done cooking by 10:30AM. I'm serving pork sandwiches today, and tending bar from 11-6, at Club Ki-Yowga, in E.C. Afterwards, I'll watch the Sox in the World Series!!! It's really starting to hit me now. THE SOX ARE IN THE WORLD SERIES!!! It's sounds too good to be true.

arbutron
10-22-2005, 10:56 AM
I'll be part of a raucous crowd @ BW3's in Woodridge on rt 53.

While i'm so excited i could pee, I'm still slightly peeved @ the wife for somehow losing the 2 WS tix she had pulled up because she couldnt fill in the info fast enuff... amateur. :whiner: :whiner:

Ahhh well, Wings Beer SOX will suffice for not being there i suppose.

WSoxFanForever
10-22-2005, 10:58 AM
I'm in Mid-Wisconsin,near Stevens Point, but born and raised in the Chicago area. Also love the Sox, Packers, Bulls and Brewers so I'm a mixed bag--half Chicagoan and half Wisconsinite.

Go to kid's soccer games, buy the Chicago Trib, read it, try to find a sports bar with Sox fans in it (unlikely), if not turn on game for all pre-season festivities, order out, get online and "watch" with the other fans who can't be there. Hopefully my adult son, who lives in Algonquin and has tickets, will call me when the Sox do something really great. I told him to just push my fastdial phone number and let me hear a little bit of real time yelling from the Cell---he doesn't have to say a word.

hose
10-22-2005, 11:06 AM
I'll be here at the office working on a brief. My wife promised a "fancy" dinner, and then the game.

working in your briefs huh? sounds like you're excited.:rolleyes:

arbutron
10-22-2005, 11:19 AM

i'll be eating the most exquisite spicy garlic wings that i can find for my fancy dinner. probably be at BW3's for about 6 hrs today.

Another bit of consolation on missing out on WS tickets?? I'll be much warmer than anyone at the game, have a much shorter line to the pisser, cheaper beer, shorter drive home. :redneck

cal1003
10-22-2005, 11:35 AM
i have to find a shrubbery... one that is not too big, and not too small, so i can get that three tiered effect.

LongLiveFisk
10-22-2005, 11:39 AM
Alas, the first game of the World Series is upon us. I, unfortunately, live in exile--St. Louis. I imagine that there will be a lot of activities throughout the city of Chicago, and maybe even elsewhere as everyone prepares for the big game tonight.

I thought I would start a thread where everyone would post various things they were doing (pre-game parties, cookouts, rallies, etc.) or to post any events they witnessed going on about them.

Here we are, the World Series!!!!!!!!!!! Let's go Sox!

I will be by my nephew's to watch on his big screen tv.

Being in St Louis, there might be a lot of people there cheering for the Sox. Why not head to a watering hole and see if it will be on the tube?

chisoxfanatic
10-22-2005, 03:15 PM
I'm going to head to Puffers in about four hours to share the time with among the most hardcore Sox fans on the planet!

ChiSoxGirl
10-22-2005, 03:19 PM
I'm going to head to Puffers in about four hours to share the time with among the most hardcore Sox fans on the planet!

Assuming I can maneuver my way out of the parking lot and out of the "bubble" afterwards, I'm going to stop by Puffers and revel in a White Sox Winner with you and the other Core of the Core that will be there! :bandance:

Fuller_Schettman
10-22-2005, 03:34 PM
Clean around the house, head to the practice green with my daughter to work on some putts, grab a 6-pack of Kona Longboard and then throw some Buskee Burgers on the grill...