PDA

View Full Version : You know what chaps my hide? Bandwagon mediots.

Fuller_Schettman
10-22-2005, 02:24 AM
...Is these freakin' mediots that are jumping on the bandwagon. Mediots like The Moron and Bayless and their ilk. They excuse their earlier lameness by painting everyone with the same lame brush. Usually like "well, admit it now, you never thought they would get this far, especially in September"

And I'm like "cut the crap, hosehead!" Maybe I don't speak for everyone, but after our brilliant pre-season acquisitions, I sure as hell expected to be here! And no, I did not cry and whine and tremble when we got a little lackluster in September. Myself and MANY others knew that stretch would build our character and prepare us for the post-season. So put that in your book! Anything to cover your pathetic yellow asses!

What audience are these fools writing to anyway????

RedPinStripes
10-22-2005, 02:41 AM
Nothing can piss me off about what people write at this time. When they jump on the band wagon, they show stupidity. The White Sox are in the World Series! I wish everyone would write that they'll lose because that's all most of the media did all year is bash the Sox because without media darlings, a team isnt worth **** to them. Baseball is a team sport. Some dumb****s haven't figured that out yet. I never saw a law written that you had to have 7 guys loved by espn to win the world series. Most of these writers are idiots and will continue to make idiots of themselves. It's very satisfying to me that I dont need to explain or defend anything to any other fan anymore. All I do is smirk and say ........."The Sox are in the World Series" Noone has had a good comeback yet.

:supernana:

Fuller_Schettman
10-22-2005, 02:51 AM
That is so true. I wear my Sox hat everywhere these days and I get a lot of nice comments and there is a lot of joy in that. Today I was teeing up and a fella on the adjacent hole spotted my cap and said "Go Sox! I'm a Cardinals fan and I hope they beat the heck out of Houston!"

Just goes to show you, real life can be better than dreams!

Chicago
10-22-2005, 03:30 AM
I knew... you knew...

and when all is said and done...

Everyone will know.

GO SOX!!!

TDog
10-22-2005, 09:58 AM
This doesn't upset me so much. Really, if you're upset now, I can only imagine how you'll feel next spring when everyone is picking the Sox to finish third in the AL West.

lizard6king6
10-22-2005, 10:25 AM
It's amazing how everyone changes their mind and yes it bothers me!! Everyones a Sox fan now it seems, I remember walking into class opening day and wearing my Sox jersey and being excited for the season with most of the class including the professor telling me "Sox arent good, the Cubs have it this year". Now that same professor is walking around wearing a sox swaetshirt. I guess everyone likes a winner, media and bandwagon jumpers love the Sox now. Its nice to know I was their from the beggiining!!

Bone
10-22-2005, 10:39 AM
Most media people take whatever has happened in the recent past and extrapolate it into the future. If the Sox are winning (as they are now), they will win in the future. If the Sox are losing (as they did after they had the 15 game lead), they will lose in the future. It's a simple formula that doesn't require in-depth analysis or knowledge.

Tragg
10-22-2005, 10:42 AM
Bayless isn't jumping on squat. IN his latest article, while he reluctantly admits that he was "wrong" about the team, he doesn't miss the opportunity to take cheap shots at the fans (our "8,000 die hard fans", specifically), Frank, etc.

zach61
10-22-2005, 10:43 AM
This doesn't upset me so much. Really, if you're upset now, I can only imagine how you'll feel next spring when everyone is picking the Sox to finish third in the AL West.

I thought the twins were being contracted and sent to the AL West next yr?

SoxEd
10-22-2005, 10:45 AM

After this year's performance, the owners figure it's the best way to beat the Sox. :redneck

TDog
10-22-2005, 12:29 PM

I forgot to teal the "West." The concept that sports "journalists" might be so out of touch as to put the White Sox back in the AL West was probably too cute to get across.

4th Gen. Sox Fan
10-22-2005, 01:53 PM
The title of this thread should be "You know what really grinds my gears..."

miker
10-22-2005, 02:54 PM
Actually, I've had a good time deliberatly avoiding the extra coverage that the playoffs and World Series has created.

I haven't worried about whatever spin the sports and regular media have put on this event or this team.

I am focusing strictly on the game, and hopefully I can tune to Rooney and Farmer when Tim McCarver starts prattling.

My hide is ready to celebrate a White Sox World Championship.

Banix12
10-22-2005, 04:59 PM
Only two teams left so they have to pick somebody to win. It's not so much Bandwagoning as it is trying to save face as everything that has occured has proved most of them to be ignorant at covering the sport they contend to be experts at.

Anyway, maybe the sox pull this series like the Angels series. Before the Angels series every media guy was "White Sox sweep, the Angels can't win under these conditions." Then after the sox lost game 1 and had the close game in game 2 just about every media guy jumped ship and started chanting "Angels in 5"