PDA

View Full Version : What the hell?

GASHWOUND
12-12-2001, 07:26 PM
Jeez, I'm driving back from Michigan City and hear on the radio the Sox are trading my favorite player to the Angels for DA. I almost drove off the road! Than I come on here and there's 50 people online and the deal is dead. On the radio this morning all i heard was that we were n the hunt for Giles and we would have to give up Buehrle which gave me mixed feelings.
Than I heard before the deal was kicked in the bud that KW would than be looking to trade Lee for some pitching. All this in one day. Winter meetings are something. But we would be avoiding this if KW would just sign some FREE AGENTS! Than we wouldn't have to lose anybody. Why is Seattle going after Schmit and we aren't? What the hell is the "new" trade rumor going on now? Garland, Singleton, and Wells for Carl Everett?

:KW
"Hmmmmm.."

czalgosz
12-12-2001, 07:39 PM
Carl Everett would be too expensive if he was free. I never, ever want to see that jerk in a Sox uniform. The only way I would take him is if they threw in Nomar and Varitek along with him.

But if you've noticed, noone is going after free agents, except the Yankees and teams re-signing their own players. Can you say collusion?

Paulwny
12-12-2001, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by czalgosz

But if you've noticed, noone is going after free agents, except the Yankees and teams re-signing their own players. Can you say collusion?

You're right, Gonzo may have to accept the tribe's offer of arbitration if this continues.

Daver
12-12-2001, 07:53 PM
I can't even spell collusion.

GASHWOUND
12-12-2001, 08:08 PM
Carl Everett would be too expensive if he was free. I never, ever want to see that jerk in a Sox uniform. The only way I would take him is if they threw in Nomar and Varitek along with him.

Ofcourse, that was a joke. I wouldn't take Everett if Boston gave him to us for free.

Yes, I did. It is weird. The Spanks are the only ones. ESPN showed the potential lineup for the Skanks, and its impressive. Looks like King George was mad not winning the WS.

But look at the bright side! With Frank coming back, its like we're gettin a high priced free agent for our team! :gulp:

nut_stock
12-12-2001, 08:12 PM
speaking of Carl Everett, I hear he's being traded to the Padres for Ray Lankford

Dadawg_77
12-12-2001, 11:55 PM

Well if it is, the owners better not get caught or there might ne another couple hundred million dollar settlement for the players