PDA

View Full Version : Stay Classy ... Chicago

Chisox003
10-22-2005, 12:31 AM
On the eve of our first world series in 46 years, all eyes will be on the Southside of Chicago this weekend.

The White Sox will finally have a chance to slam the door on each and every critic, doubter, and mediot that have undeservedly ripped them since day one of spring training.

We as the diehard fans have the same opportunity. For the next 7 games (or less), I think we all need to keep in mind that we (the fans) are being watched under a microscope, and our first slip up will be pounced on.

Win or lose this series, let's show some respect to not only the visiting Astros team, but to their fans. Humble each victory, and take each loss in stride.

Cheer passionately, but be respectful about it. All of us have friends or acquaintances that are fans of the northside corporation, and as much as we would absolutely love to be rubbing it in their faces right now, why not step up and be bigger about it? We all know that if they were in this position, we'd be run out of the city. Sox fans are better than that ... Let's show it.

The surrounding area of U.S. cellular field isn't the crime stricken, drug infested neighborhoods that our own City's newspapers make it to be. We know that because we're Sox fans, and Sox fans live there!

This is a golden opportunity to erase the media created monster sterotypes of White Sox fans. Animals that run onto the field and attack umpires and coaches are not White Sox fans ... WE are White Sox fans!

Bandwagon jumpers, windsocks and heiney birds are now coming out of the woodwork and calling themselves "fans" ... We know who the true fans are.

That East Coast bias that we're all so sick of...The articles that continue to rip our team..."Professional" sports writers tearing into our AL Champion White Sox and us, the fans, for reasons we can't even fathom... It's all just another day at the office for us. 4 more wins, and it'll all be worth it.

Again, I know this doesn't pertain to anybody on this board. I just thought I'd throw it out there. We have a shot to take back the city of Chicago and show some true class doing it. This is a chance to prove that WE were right all along...About the team, about the city, and about the us.

Let's show the country what this CHICAGO White Sox team is REALLY about: Winning baseball, and the greatest fans in the world ... And churros

That said .... GO SOX!!

Erik The Red
10-22-2005, 12:34 AM
And I thought this thread was going to involve The Anchorman in some way... :smile:

itsnotrequired
10-22-2005, 12:37 AM
On the eve of our first world series in 46 years, all eyes will be on the Southside of Chicago this weekend.

The White Sox will finally have a chance to slam the door on each and every critic, doubter, and mediot that have undeservedly ripped them since day one of spring training.

We as the diehard fans have the same opportunity. For the next 7 games (or less), I think we all need to keep in mind that we (the fans) are being watched under a microscope, and our first slip up will be pounced on.

Win or lose this series, let's show some respect to not only the visiting Astros team, but to their fans. Humble each victory, and take each loss in stride.

Cheer passionately, but be respectful about it. All of us have friends or acquaintances that are fans of the northside corporation, and as much as we would absolutely love to be rubbing it in their faces right now, why not step up and be bigger about it? We all know that if they were in this position, we'd be run out of the city. Sox fans are better than that ... Let's show it.

The surrounding area of U.S. cellular field isn't the crime stricken, drug infested neighborhoods that our own City's newspapers make it to be. We know that because we're Sox fans, and Sox fans live there!

This is a golden opportunity to erase the media created monster sterotypes of White Sox fans. Animals that run onto the field and attack umpires and coaches are not White Sox fans ... WE are White Sox fans!

Bandwagon jumpers, windsocks and heiney birds are now coming out of the woodwork and calling themselves "fans" ... We know who the true fans are.

That East Coast bias that we're all so sick of...The articles that continue to rip our team..."Professional" sports writers tearing into our AL Champion White Sox and us, the fans, for reasons we can't even fathom... It's all just another day at the office for us. 4 more wins, and it'll all be worth it.

Again, I know this doesn't pertain to anybody on this board. I just thought I'd throw it out there. We have a shot to take back the city of Chicago and show some true class doing it. This is a chance to prove that WE were right all along...About the team, about the city, and about the us.

Let's show the country what this CHICAGO White Sox team is REALLY about: Winning baseball, and the greatest fans in the world ... And churros

That said .... GO SOX!!

:worship: :worship: :worship:

antitwins13
10-22-2005, 01:41 AM
If the media didn't hate us we wouldn't be Sox fans, and of course fans will behave themselves because the rabid diehards who get drunk and go nuts won't be there. Joe Businesssuit isn't going to pull a William Ligue.

ChiSoxRowand
10-22-2005, 01:52 AM
And I thought this thread was going to involve The Anchorman in some way... :smile:

LOL! Thats what I thought.

FarWestChicago
10-22-2005, 02:05 AM
If the media didn't hate us we wouldn't be Sox fans, and of course fans will behave themselves because the rabid diehards who get drunk and go nuts won't be there. Joe Businesssuit isn't going to pull a William Ligue.:?: Ligue is hardly a "rabid diehard". Way to perpetuate a bull**** stereotype. :rolleyes:

Cat Thief
10-22-2005, 02:09 AM
The celebration in Bridgeport after the ALCS was all good. I didn't see any problems. Just alot of people huging and high fiving. It was unreal. I would have felt perfectly safe bringing my kids down there.

antitwins13
10-22-2005, 02:18 AM
:?: Ligue is hardly a "rabid diehard". Way to perpetuate a bull**** stereotype. :rolleyes:

I never said he was. I simply said that the corprate guys that will be there who aren't normal Sox fans aren't going to act stupid. It seems like some of the mods here at WSI are quick to think I don't know Sox baseball.

Chicago
10-22-2005, 03:54 AM
Here's to the real SOX fans...US :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp:

1 for each win... GO SOX!!!

Professor
10-22-2005, 10:21 AM
:threadrules:

SouthSoxFan
10-22-2005, 02:43 PM
=I simply said that the corprate guys that will be there who aren't normal Sox fans aren't going to act stupid.
So corporate guys are exempt from being stupid? Recall one John Murray, the CBOT bond trader and his encounter with Randy Myers?

Palehose13
10-22-2005, 03:29 PM
Excellent post, 003.

I have two requests for people at the game and around the ballpark tonight:

1. Can we not do the <insert name here> sucks chant? It's classless and makes people look dumb when they are chanting about the minor league team to the north.

2. Put away your anti-cub gear and celebrate the White Sox.

miker
10-22-2005, 03:39 PM
I just hope there are enough true Sox fans there to enjoy it rather then corporate-types, politicos and celebs sleeping through what is going to be a great pitching match up.

4th Gen. Sox Fan
10-22-2005, 03:41 PM
LOL! Thats what I thought.

Ditto

house215
10-22-2005, 03:44 PM
:threadrules:

I will second that!!! :supernana:

gogochisox1917
10-22-2005, 05:14 PM
From what I've seen and heard, we have already way out-classed the Astros fans. No suprise to me. I can't possibly imagine Sox fans being any other way.

soxfan26
10-22-2005, 05:59 PM
I never said he was. I simply said that the corprate guys that will be there who aren't normal Sox fans aren't going to act stupid. It seems like some of the mods here at WSI are quick to think I don't know Sox baseball.

I wonder why that is?

Realist
10-23-2005, 10:01 AM
After attending Game 1 I went up to the bar I manage and there was one lost soul wearing an Astros jersey. I was wearing my Sox vest jersey. The first thing I did was extend my hand and offer my congratulations. He said, "No the congratulations are for you guys. You won the game." I said, "Yeah, but you're in the World Series and we're in the World Series. Congratulations. Like us, you guys waited a long time for this and your team deserves it."

I then offered to, and put his and his friend's wraps in the back office and I bought us a round of shots so we can toast to the World Series. We talked some baseball, I wished him luck [just a little, but not too much] and told him to enjoy his visit to Chicago.

I actually thought of this thread during my gracious display of hospitality and even apologized for one dim witted Sox fan that was cursing at the poor bloke just because of his unfortunate taste in attire.

The Astros fan thanked me several times for being so nice to him and even gave me his business card and told me to call him if I was ever in Houston and needed anything. Game 3 tickets DID cross my mind. :wink:

Chisox003
10-24-2005, 10:42 AM
Well I was at both games 1 and 2 ("Working"), and I have to say, Sox fans put on a show both nights, especially after game 2....

What an unbelievable atmosphere ... Indescribable

The game, the ramps, the streets before and definitely after .... Simply amazing

Definitely a big :thumbsup: to every single Sox fan this weekend, whether at the game or not ..... We're definitely back

2 MORE!!!

Procol Harum
10-24-2005, 10:56 AM
I've been very pleasantly surprised at the crowds' fervor the last two nights at the Cell. Usually, you expect that the way in which WS tickets are doled out tends to push out the regular die-hard fans in favor of politicos, celebs and corporate typos that are much more prone to be restrained and sit on their hands. Especially with the way ticket prices have been going you thought this might be the case. Instead, the place has been rocking and rolling like it has seldom been before. Awesome.
:bandance:

cheeses_h_rice
10-24-2005, 11:01 AM
I haven't seen many Astros fans at the park the past 2 games, but last night you could hear someone in the UD behind my seats cheering after Ensberg homered to give Houston a 1-0 lead. This big guy in front of me IMMEDIATELY turned around, starts bellowing at the Astros fan to shut the hell up, and starts flipping the guy off and asking "You want a piece of me?" Every 10 minutes it seemed, he would stand up and flip the guy off, for the next hour.

I felt embarrassed for White Sox fans by that, but I wasn't about to tell Mr. Beef to sit down and leave the 'Stros fan alone. :redneck