PDA

View Full Version : Heaven Help Us All!!!

RadioheadRocks
10-21-2005, 09:26 PM
Joe Buck and Tim McCarver are doing the World Series broadcast for Fox. :angry:
http://www.suntimes.com/output/worldseries/cst-spt-jax21.html

soxfan26
10-21-2005, 09:40 PM
Joe Buck and Tim McCarver are doing the World Series broadcast for Fox. :angry:
http://www.suntimes.com/output/worldseries/cst-spt-jax21.html

No suprise here but it still makes me want to :puking:

4th Gen. Sox Fan
10-21-2005, 09:43 PM
I read that the radio and Fox would be in sync for the WS, so at least we can now listen and not hear the play 3 seconds before we see it

longshot7
10-21-2005, 09:43 PM
hey, Buck is good.

Ol' No. 2
10-21-2005, 09:44 PM
I read that the radio and Fox would be in sync for the WS, so at least we can now listen and not hear the play 3 seconds before we see itIf true, that's the best news I've heard all day.

PaulDrake
10-21-2005, 10:15 PM
hey, Buck is good. No he isn't.

Theanticub
10-21-2005, 10:23 PM
hey, Buck is good.

Whatever your smoking, I want some.

Tragg
10-21-2005, 10:25 PM
When the Fox lineup consists of Buck, Brennerman and, uh, Chimp (or has he been canned?), Buck is good.

SOXSINCE'70
10-21-2005, 10:39 PM
I read that the radio and Fox would be in sync for the WS, so at least we can now listen and not hear the play 3 seconds before we see it

Good.Being as this is John Rooney's swan song with the Sox,
I want to hear him call each and every moment of these games.

Chips
10-21-2005, 11:00 PM
hey, Buck is good.

:bong:

mike squires
10-21-2005, 11:23 PM
hey, Buck is good.

I've said it once and I'll say it again, Buck is so monotone that his homerun call is the same as a walk call. I don't mind McCarver and I think Lou adds some color and is funny even though sometimes what he says is obvious.

Whatever happened to the Vin Sculley, Joe Gargiolla sp? days? That would be awesome.

I would even prefer Costas over Buck, no doubt about it.

The Dude
10-21-2005, 11:27 PM
hey, Buck is good.

:tealpolice:

:tealtutor:

Iwritecode
10-21-2005, 11:29 PM

Is it just me or does the same thing happen on TV? It's almost like they are calling the plays like a 1/2 a second before they happen.

The Dude
10-21-2005, 11:29 PM
hey, Buck is good.

http://images.zap2it.com/20031113/triumph_latenightwithconanobrien_240_001.jpg
.....FOR ME TO POOP ON!

ssirish317
10-21-2005, 11:53 PM
Is it just me or does the same thing happen on TV? It's almost like they are calling the plays like a 1/2 a second before they happen.

That does happen sometimes when the broadcast is in HD or something. The picture is delayed just a hair behind the audio. I noticed it during the last superbowl....Gumbel was constantly jumping the gun, for instance calling a catch while the ball was still in the air.

itsnotrequired
10-22-2005, 12:43 AM
If true, that's the best news I've heard all day.

Agreed...

jasonact
10-22-2005, 02:47 AM
I plan on watching FOX while listening to XM. It will be slightly delayed, but at least I won't have to endure McCarver.

antitwins13
10-22-2005, 03:46 AM
Hey, I hate Buck as much as the next guy, but he's better than Berman.

RadioheadRocks
10-22-2005, 03:48 AM
Hey, I hate Buck as much as the next guy, but he's better than Berman.

I can't say I agree with that comparison. That ranks right up there with comparing cow turds and horse turds. I don't care how you look at it, bottom line they're still TURDS!!!

'Nuff said!

power98
10-22-2005, 09:44 AM
Whatever happened to the Vin Sculley, Joe Gargiolla sp? days? That would be awesome.As a desert dweller (and NL Diamondbacks fan), I get to listen to Joe Garigiola do TV every once in a while, usually on a Friday night at home. I could listen to him every day, all day long. Greatest color guy you ever want to hear. Great stories, a lot of knowledge, never boring.
I've said it once and I'll say it again, Buck is so monotone that his homerun call is the same as a walk call.On the other hand, I also have to listen to Thom Brenneman. All I can say is, thank God Mark Grace is in the booth with him...or I'd fall asleep. Mark (even though an ex-flubbie) is a great guy to listen to. Enthusiastic and funny, and without a doubt knows his stuff too.

downstairs
10-22-2005, 09:48 AM

Well, the problem is sattelite and cable are completely different anyway. I used to have both cable (Comcast) and sattelite (Dish)... one upstars, one downstairs. If you put the same thing on, the cable came through 1-3 seconds earlier.

It makes sense... the sattelite is beaming the content down to you from space, through the air. The cable is all electric current from a few miles away.

tebman
10-22-2005, 09:58 AM
hey, Buck is good.

http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:02EElhmCm14J:www.starstore.com/acatalog/Peanuts_joecool-01.jpg

ElevenUp
10-22-2005, 10:10 AM

WMVP synched the ALDS radio call to the broadcast TV signal, so if you were watching the game using the old rabbit-ear antennae it was all good. I think the braintrust at AM1000 realized that most people watching the game are watching via cable. For those of you watching on Comcast HD, there will likely be a delay.

The Critic
10-22-2005, 10:26 AM
I don't mind the delay, actually - I like hearing that something good happened so I know exactly what to look for.

Kinda "streamlines" the viewing experience.:D:

Now, the 7 to 10 second delay between the broadcast and the Sox N Roll broadcast......THAT's priceless! It gives me 7 to 10 seconds completely free of F-bombs to enjoy the play.
:redneck

Jjav829
10-22-2005, 11:25 AM
Say it with me now...

Joe Buck has no bias against the White Sox.

Keep repeating that to yourself in case you start to actually believe otherwise. What do you think, Lou?

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/dayart/marinermugs/100x100mugs/PINIELLA.jpg
"I....think that Joe Buck is...next card....a very...unbiased announcer and that....next card....Timmy McCarver is a very bad...next card....color man."

Erik The Red
10-22-2005, 11:30 AM
http://images.zap2it.com/20031113/triumph_latenightwithconanobrien_240_001.jpg
.....FOR ME TO POOP ON!
:rolling: You beat me to it!