PDA

View Full Version : Baseball Tonight - Awful

Pulaski
10-21-2005, 08:23 PM
Did anyone watch the baseball tonight show this evening? Very dissappointed in the coverage. It seemed like they focused more on Houston (Clemens, Petitte and Oswalt). Also, did you hear the buffoon say that we could be watching three future hall of famers in Clemens, Petitte and Oswalt? HOW PATHETIC! Yes, Oswalt has had a very good, short career, but come on, you can't already say he is a future hall of famer.

I was surprised that three of the four picked the Sox. The only good part of BTN is that Berman is not on it!

IT IS TIME FOR THE NATIONAL MEDIA TO START GIVING US RESPECT.

elrod
10-21-2005, 08:26 PM
Why did they pick the Sox?

RadioheadRocks
10-21-2005, 08:28 PM
I'll give ESPN credit for doing a White Sox Top 10 Plays of the year earlier this week. The one notable that they skipped over though was El Duque coming in for the 6th inning at Fenway and shutting down the BoSox and their bases-loaded, nobody out threat.

SoxEd
10-21-2005, 08:30 PM
The one notable that they skipped over though was El Duque coming in for the 6th inning at Fenway and shutting down the BoSox and their bases-loaded, nobody out threat.

Who here thinks that THAT inning (or the two that followed) will EVER be shown on ESPN again?

I bet the tape's been sealed in a safe, and then concreted in to that big road tunnel they're digging in Boston :redneck.

HotelWhiteSox
10-21-2005, 08:31 PM
It blew, comparisons to the Flubs, talk about how we're second in the second city, lots of stumbling on their part, a very bad show, not to mention the kiss of death, Kruk and Reynolds picking us in 6.

The only good part was seeing how retarded they looked when they made their WS predictions at the beginning of the year. Too bad they didn't show when Kruk predicted Randy Johnson would win 30, they get paid for this?

Ol' No. 2
10-21-2005, 08:34 PM
It blew, comparisons to the Flubs, talk about how we're second in the second city, lots of stumbling on their part, a very bad show, not to mention the kiss of death, Kruk and Reynolds picking us in 6.

The only good part was seeing how retarded they looked when they made their WS predictions at the beginning of the year. Too bad they didn't show when Kruk predicted Randy Johnson would win 30, they get paid for this?Handsomely, too.:puking:

soxfan26
10-21-2005, 08:34 PM
Why did they pick the Sox?

They mentioned the depth of the starting pitching and how the "small ball" label is misleading for the Sox. They said the Sox offense stacks up very well at Minute Maid Park.

Overall it was a waste of an hour, I'll have to make it up to my TiVo somehow.

Pulaski
10-21-2005, 08:38 PM

The only good part was seeing how retarded they looked when they made their WS predictions at the beginning of the year. Too bad they didn't show when Kruk predicted Randy Johnson would win 30, they get paid for this?

Lets not forget at the end of the show when they did the highlights of the year!! There were none of the Sox (ok, maybe one or two). They waited until the playoff part to show the Sox. I couldn't count fast enough to keep up with all the Yankee and Boston highlights.

Huisj
10-21-2005, 08:44 PM
Lets not forget at the end of the show when they did the highlights of the year!! There were none of the Sox (ok, maybe one or two). They waited until the playoff part to show the Sox. I couldn't count fast enough to keep up with all the Yankee and Boston highlights.

The only highlights I could pick out from that sequence that involved the sox were when they were showing guy get hit by pitches. They showed Hafner getting hit in the head (but not Buerhle throwing the pitch) and then I think they showed Iguchi getting hit by someone. I think that was it.

35th&Florida
10-21-2005, 09:14 PM
I thought it was pretty bad too. All that Ivy League tuition out the window for a fluff piece comparing us to those bums up north... sad sad sad. Like has been said thousands of times...if it isnt Boston or NY...its just not worth ESPNs time to do a decent job covering it.

soxwon
10-21-2005, 10:49 PM
Does anyone think we will SWEEP?

LongLiveFisk
10-21-2005, 10:52 PM
Does anyone think we will SWEEP?

Not thinking, just hoping! :)

Hagan
10-21-2005, 11:03 PM
I hate how everyone overrates NL pitchers because of their deflated stats being in the NL. check out my blog at www.warmoctobernights.com about how much the AL is better than the NL.

itsnotrequired
10-21-2005, 11:35 PM
Too bad they didn't show when Kruk predicted Randy Johnson would win 30, they get paid for this?

Hey, he got close...if you consider 57% of the way there "close".

I've been harping on this all season. That has to be the dumbest "predictions" I have every seen. 30 wins? Damn near impossible with 5 man rotations. In fact, I will boldly predict that someone will hit .400 before we see a pitcher get 30 wins.

If I'm right, can I be on ESPN?:rolleyes:

ATXBMX
10-21-2005, 11:48 PM
I've been harping on this all season. That has to be the dumbest "predictions" I have every seen. 30 wins? Damn near impossible with 5 man rotations. In fact, I will boldly predict that someone will hit .400 before we see a pitcher get 30 wins.

If I'm right, can I be on ESPN?:rolleyes:

Here you go. (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/team/player.jsp?player_id=400021)
I hope you like Connecticut.

itsnotrequired
10-21-2005, 11:52 PM
Here you go. (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/team/player.jsp?player_id=400021)
I hope you like Connecticut.

Victory is mine!:tongue:

:LTP

"I would have taken that 13th AB but didn't want to risk dropping below .400"

http://snl.jt.org/arc/imp/ChFa-John%20Kruk.jpg

"Well played, Joe!"

Nellie_Fox
10-22-2005, 12:28 AM
This afternoon, XM Radio Homeplate had Torii on, talking a little about his future but also asking him about the World Series. He said he's absolutely pulling for the Sox, said he's got a lot of friends on the team and loves Ozzie.

The best part was when he was asked who he thought was the toughest pitcher for him on the Sox staff. He said "oh, Freddie Garcia, no doubt. Freddie's the man. His slider is like a cartoon pitch, like it's got eyes, and when it sees you start to swing, it screams and ducks out of the way."

ChiSoxRowand
10-22-2005, 12:57 AM
This afternoon, XM Radio Homeplate had Torii on, talking a little about his future but also asking him about the World Series. He said he's absolutely pulling for the Sox, said he's got a lot of friends on the team and loves Ozzie.

The best part was when he was asked who he thought was the toughest pitcher for him on the Sox staff. He said "oh, Freddie Garcia, no doubt. Freddie's the man. His slider is like a cartoon pitch, like it's got eyes, and when it sees you start to swing, it screams and ducks out of the way."

C.C Sabathia said that he was pulling for the Sox in the trib today. Said he wants a team from the A.L. Central to win because they never get any respect.

StockdaleForVeep
10-22-2005, 03:47 AM
Did anyone watch the baseball tonight show this evening? Very dissappointed in the coverage. It seemed like they focused more on Houston (Clemens, Petitte and Oswalt). Also, did you hear the buffoon say that we could be watching three future hall of famers in Clemens, Petitte and Oswalt? HOW PATHETIC! Yes, Oswalt has had a very good, short career, but come on, you can't already say he is a future hall of famer.

I was surprised that three of the four picked the Sox. The only good part of BTN is that Berman is not on it!

IT IS TIME FOR THE NATIONAL MEDIA TO START GIVING US RESPECT.

Um because oswalt has shown in his short career he has amazing stuff? What would you have the Baseball tonight crew analyze? How buehrle is a future hall of famer? To be technical, they both shared the same full season. Houston has amazing pitching which is a given. Its a fact that power pitchers get more recognition than prestige pitchers, same as how hr hitters get more attention than say podsednik or so

Get back on yer biased sox bandwagon where anything not said about the sox is a conspircy

Frankfan4life
10-22-2005, 06:41 AM
I hate how everyone overrates NL pitchers because of their deflated stats being in the NL. check out my blog at www.warmoctobernights.com (http://www.warmoctobernights.com) about how much the AL is better than the NL.Great job, Hagan. Good research on your part. Too bad you're not getting paid to do this because you do a better job than those talking heads on ESPN who make their judgments based on highlight clips.