PDA

View Full Version : Game 1 - Bridgeport - Puffer's

WikdChiSoxFan
10-21-2005, 07:24 PM
Well, yet another Puffer's thread...it's been my home for a while now, but I wouldn't go anywhere else for these games...

But I was hearing about them crackin down on capacity and traffic through bridgeport...anyone know anything about this?

and on a side note...roll call for the next Sun-Times cover?

UofCSoxFan
10-21-2005, 07:26 PM
question....is this bar 21 and over or 25 and over? Jimbo's had 25 and over signs everywhere and it made a man in the blossom of his youth (22 year old) a little uncomfortable

also does puffer's serve pitchers?

Wimpy
10-21-2005, 07:31 PM
I will be there with bells on. I would say get there really early. On the sign at Puffers the capacity says 50 or some low number like that. There were easily twice as many people in there on Sunday. The sun-times article said the cops will be cracking down on capacities at bars this weekend.

Wimpy
10-21-2005, 07:33 PM
also does puffer's serve pitchers?[/QUOTE]

5 dollar picthers of PBR. :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp:

IronFisk
10-21-2005, 09:07 PM
question....is this bar 21 and over or 25 and over? Jimbo's had 25 and over signs everywhere and it made a man in the blossom of his youth (22 year old) a little uncomfortable

Better than that...they serve BOTTLES! Only cans at Jimbo's.

YUCK!

Chips
10-21-2005, 09:25 PM
Better than that...they serve BOTTLES! Only cans at Jimbo's.

YUCK!

Bottles are only good if you pour them into a plastic cup. Are you going to Puffers for games 1 and 2?

UofCSoxFan
10-21-2005, 09:27 PM

5 dollar picthers of PBR. :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp:[/QUOTE]

Ok I'm sold. 5 buck pitchers of PBR....this is college student heaven.

C-Dawg
10-21-2005, 10:14 PM
Bottles are only good if you pour them into a plastic cup.

Bah! Beer is meant to be enjoyed right from the bottle!

:gulp:

Looks like it will be the Arena Sports Bar in Elmhurst for me. I'd hate to take the Red Line down to Bridgeport and find everything already packed.

IronFisk
10-21-2005, 11:01 PM
Bottles are only good if you pour them into a plastic cup. Are you going to Puffers for games 1 and 2?

Sorry Mr. Chips...due to a "minor" obligation watching my 7-year old son, no-can-do.

However...I should be there on Tuesday...with you-know-what in hand. :rolleyes:

Chips
10-21-2005, 11:05 PM
Sorry Mr. Chips...due to a "minor" obligation watching my 7-year old son, no-can-do.

However...I should be there on Tuesday...with you-know-what in hand. :rolleyes:

Could that be a cowbell? :wink:

The Dude
10-21-2005, 11:30 PM
Bottles are only good if you pour them into a plastic cup.

:dumbass:

Why dont you tell them the real reason you feel that way???

The Dude
10-21-2005, 11:31 PM
5 dollar picthers of PBR. :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp:

Ok I'm sold. 5 buck pitchers of PBR....this is college student heaven.[/QUOTE]

And I was wasting money on $2 drafts!!!!:angry::angry:

Pitchers definately Sunday!

IronFisk
10-21-2005, 11:39 PM
Could that be a cowbell? :wink:

Guess what...

http://guesswhatgotfeveronlyprescriptionmorecowbell.evill oop.com/

Chips
10-21-2005, 11:41 PM
:dumbass:

Why dont you tell them the real reason you feel that way???

You ever hear of an ulcer?

ChiSoxGirl
10-21-2005, 11:51 PM
Guess what...

http://guesswhatgotfeveronlyprescriptionmorecowbell.evill oop.com/

LOL!!! :D: Can't wait to hear more cowbell next week at Puffers!

longshot7
10-22-2005, 12:38 AM
LOL!!! :D: Can't wait to hear more cowbell next week at Puffers!

Except it wasn't a cowbell. At least when I was there.

ChiSoxGirl
10-22-2005, 12:40 AM
Except it wasn't a cowbell. At least when I was there.

You must've missed the cowbell then. It was so loud there was no way you could've missed it! :tongue:

BTW- It was really nice meeting you on Sunday. :smile: Did you end up getting a flight in for this weekend?

itsnotrequired
10-22-2005, 12:41 AM

25 and over?:?:

I'd be down but I think I will spend the evening at home with my wife, our seven week old son and a homemade pizza.:thumbsup:

CLR01
10-22-2005, 12:47 AM
25 and over?:?:

I'd be down but I think I will spend the evening at home with my wife, our seven week old son and a homemade pizza.:thumbsup:

You will have years to spend with the wife and 7 week old but how often do you get to watch the Sox in the WS? Tell your wife it is a required WSI field trip. Make up a permission slip just in case she wants proof.

itsnotrequired
10-22-2005, 01:00 AM
You will have years to spend with the wife and 7 week old but how often do you get to watch the Sox in the WS? Tell your wife it is a required WSI field trip. Make up a permission slip just in case she wants proof.

What's funny is I actually passed on the Core-of-the-Core outing becuase our son was due the weekend before. We ended up inducing several weeks early (Konerko totally copied us) and I could have made it to the outing. She gave me the stink eye when I asked later on...

A Sunday trip to Puffer's could be in order though...

Chips
10-22-2005, 01:07 PM
I'll be there today and tomorrow.

longshot7
10-22-2005, 01:38 PM
You must've missed the cowbell then. It was so loud there was no way you could've missed it! :tongue:

BTW- It was really nice meeting you on Sunday. :smile: Did you end up getting a flight in for this weekend?

No, unfortunately. I'm stuck on the West Coast, but at least I made it home for the ALCS. What a crazy nite that Sunday was, huh?

I meant about the bell - he had one, but it wasn't a COWbell. A cowbell is much larger. The sound is very deep - which I assume is why it's named after cows, I guess.

chisoxfanatic
10-22-2005, 01:55 PM

It sure was cowbell, and I think we need MORE!!!

I'll be there for both games this weekend (wearing the Konerko jersey once again...it's a MUST)...Go Sox!!!

IronFisk
10-22-2005, 02:10 PM
It sure was cowbell, and I think we need MORE!!!

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a334/Violinski/MoreCowbell.jpg