PDA

View Full Version : okay now that the smoke has cleared....

Bmr31
12-12-2001, 06:24 PM
can someone please fire kenny williams? What a F***ing idiot...

danman31
12-12-2001, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by Bmr31
LOL! As I earlier suggested, we need a tag of Fire Kenny Williams, but the deal didn't go through...

Tragg
12-12-2001, 10:00 PM

What I really like is that KW wants to see if he can sign Erstad long term, but then capitulates. Can't he ever get an edge?

Bmr31
12-12-2001, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by danman31

LOL! As I earlier suggested, we need a tag of Fire Kenny Williams, but the deal didn't go through...

serious question. Does KW meet the qualifications needed to be a gm? What are those qualifcations? Hes a total moron. How could they have put this quack in charge of our baseball team??

cheeses_h_rice
12-12-2001, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by Tragg

What I really like is that KW wants to see if he can sign Erstad long term, but then capitulates. Can't he ever get an edge?

KW didn't capitulate -- it was somebody in the Disney/Angels organization higher up who nixed the deal.

:KW

I'm tougher than leather!

Bmr31
12-12-2001, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice

KW didn't capitulate -- it was somebody in the Disney/Angels organization higher up who nixed the deal.

yeah, luckily for us.......

Tragg
12-12-2001, 10:14 PM

Actually, from what I read he did. KW initially wanted the deal contingent on his ability to sign Erstad long term. When the Angels objected, he capitulated; however, the Angels still kept the clause "subject to disney's approval." Then Disney objected and the deal died.

voodoochile
12-12-2001, 10:15 PM
I for one am not totally disappointed the deal gpt nixed. Yes, Erstad would have improved the team offensively and defensively, but Garland may be coming into his own. Not like we have a plethora of experienced pitchers on the team and Garland showed as much promise last year as anyone else. Singleton would have been no loss, but Garland maybe heading toward a 15 win season...

Bmr31
12-12-2001, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
I for one am not totally disappointed the deal gpt nixed. Yes, Erstad would have improved the team offensively and defensively, but Garland may be coming into his own. Not like we have a plethora of experienced pitchers on the team and Garland showed as much promise last year as anyone else. Singleton would have been no loss, but Garland maybe heading toward a 15 win season...

providing he remains healthy, i would predict 15 wins next season is a virtual lock. Id rather have garland ALONE, over erstad. Not to mention losing 3 other players...

cheeses_h_rice
12-12-2001, 10:28 PM

providing he remains healthy, i would predict 15 wins next season is a virtual lock. Id rather have garland ALONE, over erstad. Not to mention losing 3 other players...

Boy, talk about a quote that needs to be pulled out and pasted up on the bulletin boards for later review.

15 wins? Wow. That would put him toward the top results of any SP in the Sox organization for the last 2-3 years!

:gulp:

Bmr31
12-12-2001, 10:47 PM

Boy, talk about a quote that needs to be pulled out and pasted up on the bulletin boards for later review.

15 wins? Wow. That would put him toward the top results of any SP in the Sox organization for the last 2-3 years!

okay? I know talent when i see it....

rmusacch
12-12-2001, 10:59 PM

OH boy, 15 whole wins.

Daver
12-12-2001, 11:11 PM

okay? I know talent when i see it....

I am sure that the Major League scouts are beating a path to your door.

Bmr31
12-12-2001, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by daver

I am sure that the Major League scouts are beating a path to your door.

oh belive me, if i chose that profession, id be successful....

RedPinStripes
12-12-2001, 11:39 PM
:reinsy
"Kenny is here because I'm his adopted father"
"Leave my Kenny alone!"

voodoochile
12-13-2001, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by rmusacch

OH boy, 15 whole wins.

Lets see, if a team had 5 starters each with 15 wins, that would be... 75 wins, before adding in the bullpen. Face it 15 wins in his second complete season would be great. Sounds pretty Oh Boy to me...

WinningUgly!
12-13-2001, 12:56 AM

Burly-mon won 16 & that was considered a monster year! I'd love to see Garland win 15 in '02, but I don't think I will.

voodoochile
12-13-2001, 01:17 AM
Just caught a rumor on the ESPN Angels board that the deal is NOT dead yet, but that it may still go through in 24 hours. Guy claims to have inside info (yeah, I know, that and $0.50 will get you a trib). Still thought you all would like to see the link and judge for yourselves...

http://boards.go.com/cgi/mlb/request.dll?MESSAGE&room=mlb_ana&id=86732&move=firstThread

FarWestChicago
12-13-2001, 01:20 AM
Just caught a rumor on the ESPN Angels board that the deal is NOT dead yet, but that it may still go through in 24 hours. Guy claims to have inside info (yeah, I know, that and $0.50 will get you a trib). Still thought you all would like to see the link and judge for yourselves...Doesn't boards.go.com in the URL mean "absolute bull crap"? :D:

voodoochile
12-13-2001, 01:25 AM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
Doesn't boards.go.com in the URL mean "absolute bull crap"? :D:

Yes, but the guy does have 255 posts (which is a fair amount as fast as they are deleting them) and he isn't your typical troll...

Like I said, I don't believe it, but I thought I would let people judge for themselves...

longshot7
12-13-2001, 01:35 AM
verrrrrry intelesting (in my pseudo creepy german guy voice)

that doesn't mean I believe it, just that it's interesting.

CLR01
12-13-2001, 01:37 AM

Yes, but the guy does have 255 posts (which is a fair amount as fast as they are deleting them) and he isn't your typical troll...

Like I said, I don't believe it, but I thought I would let people judge for themselves...

POTW material right here.

Voodoochille talking about singleton. (I always knew he was a fan) :D:

Singleton. Great defensive player. Solid hitter, though his swing is too long. He almost never walks, though he got a little better in the second half last year. Could be a gold glove winner, but he is already 28. Has a terrible first step and gets thrown out almost 50% of the time trying to steal because he doesn't know how to do the crossover and instead does a drop step which costs him precious tenths of a seconds.

voodoochile
12-13-2001, 01:42 AM
Originally posted by CLR01

POTW material right here.

Voodoochille talking about singleton. (I always knew he was a fan) :D:

Singleton. Great defensive player. Solid hitter, though his swing is too long. He almost never walks, though he got a little better in the second half last year. Could be a gold glove winner, but he is already 28. Has a terrible first step and gets thrown out almost 50% of the time trying to steal because he doesn't know how to do the crossover and instead does a drop step which costs him precious tenths of a seconds.

Actually I would prefer Singleton over Rowand until Rowand figures out the dimensions of the park and proves he isn't a 1 month wonder...

I would rather have Erstad or Giles than either one of them, unless it costs an arm and a leg to acquire them...

voodoochile
12-13-2001, 01:42 AM
POTW?

Help me out here...

CLR01
12-13-2001, 01:43 AM
POTW?

Help me out here...

Post of the Week.

voodoochile
12-13-2001, 01:44 AM

Post of the Week.

Post of the weak

CLR01
12-13-2001, 01:48 AM

Post of the weak

Oh i get it, your trying stand-up comedy now.

"Dont quit your day job."

:slowswing :)

voodoochile
12-13-2001, 01:50 AM

Oh i get it, your trying stand-up comedy now.

"Dont quit your day job."

:slowswing :)

I won't if he will...

:)

Later guys...

CLR01
12-13-2001, 01:52 AM

I won't if he will...

:)

Later guys...

"I dont have a day i job, i mostly play on nights. Aaron can give me a rest during day games."

:slowswing