PDA

View Full Version : I can't wait any longer!!!

elrod
10-21-2005, 04:31 PM
This long layoff between the ALCS and the World Series might be tough on the bullpen, but it's REALLY tough on me. At first I was excited that we'd get a week's worth of hype to get Chicagoans interested. Well, it's happened, and I'm ready to start this thing already. I'm getting more and more nervous each hour. I'm ginning up my old-time hatred for Roger Clemens and Andy Pettitte, and I'm starting to have nightmares about a freak Chris Burke home run, or Jose Contreras walking six batters in two innings as he fails to get the "feel" on his forkball in the bitter cold. Oh, man, let's get these games going. Now! I ruminated like this before the ALDS and the ALCS and I couldn't settle down until the first few innings were over with. I know that even if the Sox get swept, they've still done something I've never seen them do before. I will consider this season a memorable success no matter what happens in the World Series. But I also know we may never get back in my lifetime and I shudder at the thought of coming away without the title. My patience has run out. This is like the two-week pre-Super Bowl hype period, where you finally get tons of press coverage and it's just overkill. Let's get Game One started already!!!!!

Baby Fisk
10-21-2005, 04:34 PM
Wait! I want to learn more about the Black Sox scandal!

elrod
10-21-2005, 04:36 PM
Wait! I want to learn more about the Black Sox scandal!

Actually, I'm a bit surprised with how little Black Sox stuff we've seen. I've seen a lot more on the 1959 team than the Black Sox, especially in the local media.

Baby Fisk
10-21-2005, 04:37 PM
Who is this "Nellie Fox" they keep mentioning? Some kind of go-go dancer?

credefan24
10-21-2005, 04:37 PM
I'm eager to learn more about the "Curse of the Black Sox" and the leader of group, Joe Jackson.I really cannot stand Jeanie Zalasko, or however you spell that individual's name.

elrod
10-21-2005, 04:40 PM
I'm eager to learn more about the "Curse of the Black Sox" and the leader of group, Joe Jackson.I really cannot stand Jeanie Zalasko, or however you spell that individual's name.

Every time I look at Jeanie Zelasko I ask myself what barnyard animal she resembles. I'm thinking warthog.

Palehose13
10-21-2005, 04:40 PM
Hang in there, elrod. 26 hours, 45 minutes to go! Not that I'm counting... :cool:

Chicken Dinner
10-21-2005, 04:43 PM
Just pop in the 2003 NLCS and watch that. It's the cure all for all Sox fans. :)

house215
10-21-2005, 04:45 PM
I really think I'm loosing my mind. They need to play now before it gets worse. I'm no doubt going to fail at least one class as a result of the 2005 Chicago White Sox.

steff
10-21-2005, 04:45 PM
Hang in there, elrod. 26 hours, 45 minutes to go! Not that I'm counting... :cool:

I hate to say it.. but I'm getting anxious also. I can't wait to be there tomorrow and Sunday. Even Jim is a bit giddy.. :D:

Brian26
10-21-2005, 04:47 PM
So this is what it's like to be a football fan? 6-7 days off in between games.

Palehose13
10-21-2005, 04:48 PM
I hate to say it.. but I'm getting anxious also. I can't wait to be there tomorrow and Sunday. Even Jim is a bit giddy.. :D:

Jim...giddy??? That's great! I still haven't decided what I am going to do for the games. I'm leaning towards stay up here cause Chicago will be a mad house. Not sure yet what I am going to do for my birthday, which is game 3 and the first away game.

Mickster
10-21-2005, 04:49 PM
I have gotten little to no work done the last 2 days. We'll be going there very early both Sat and Sun. :smile:

Palehose13
10-21-2005, 04:49 PM
So this is what it's like to be a football fan? 6-7 days off in between games.

That's funny cause I was thinking that driving to work today...that this week has been like the football season, scouting the opposing team and preping for them.

Brian26
10-21-2005, 04:50 PM
That's funny cause I was thinking that driving to work today...that this week has been like the football season, scouting the opposing team and preping for them.

Thankfully Don Cooper wasn't caught mooning any helicopters.

Palehose13
10-21-2005, 04:51 PM
Thankfully Don Cooper wasn't caught mooning any helicopters.

I thought you weren't a football fan. :wink:

MarySwiss
10-21-2005, 05:22 PM
I'm thinking melatonin for sure tonight. No way I'm sleeping without it.

Maybe I'll even wash it down with a :gulp: or two!

steff
10-21-2005, 05:23 PM
Jim...giddy??? That's great! I still haven't decided what I am going to do for the games. I'm leaning towards stay up here cause Chicago will be a mad house. Not sure yet what I am going to do for my birthday, which is game 3 and the first away game.

He's giddy cause "Pauly" got us better seats for Sunday then we have on Saturday.. :wink:

Come on up. We need you for the pre and post!!!:gulp:

Palehose13
10-21-2005, 05:25 PM
He's giddy cause "Pauly" got us better seats for Sunday then we have on Saturday.. :wink:

Come on up. We need you for the pre and post!!!:gulp:

I have to be back at work on Monday, so I think Sunday will be out (unless you have an extra :wink: ). The "bubble" makes me not so sure about Saturday.

steff
10-21-2005, 05:29 PM
I have to be back at work on Monday, so I think Sunday will be out (unless you have an extra :wink: ). The "bubble" makes me not so sure about Saturday.

The bubble doesn't include Jimbo's.. you and your dad should come up.

I wish I had one for ya.. we had some out of town friends we had to take care of. But you'll be there in spirit!!! :gulp:

Palehose13
10-21-2005, 05:32 PM
The bubble doesn't include Jimbo's.. you and your dad should come up.

I wish I had one for ya.. we had some out of town friends we had to take care of. But you'll be there in spirit!!! :gulp:

I figured you didn't have one, but I thought I would give it a try. I dunno about my dad, he's been dissing me lately for his new girl. :angry:

Baby Fisk
10-21-2005, 05:33 PM
I figured you didn't have one, but I thought I would give it a try. I dunno about my dad, he's been dissing me lately for his new girl. :angry:
That man is a playah! :D: :thumbsup:

Iwritecode
10-21-2005, 05:33 PM
I have gotten little to no work done the last 2 days. We'll be going there very early both Sat and Sun. :smile:

Suprisingly I've gotten more work done this past week than I did all last week while they were playing. I figure the off days are about my only chance to actually do anything without being so distracted.

I am started to get nervous again though. Same as the first 2 rounds...

itsnotrequired
10-21-2005, 05:38 PM
I can't wait either. I've had trouble falling asleep the last few nights! All signs point to waking up tomorrow at freakin' 7:00 AM and pacing around all day.

Palehose13
10-21-2005, 05:38 PM
That man is a playah! :D: :thumbsup:

That he is, but I got kinda ticked when we were discussing getting full ST in order to get WS tickets. He said, "(Girlfriend's name) and I can go to game 1, and you and whoever can go to game 2." He was always my first choice. Ah well... :(:

Code-
I thought that I would get stuff done this week for the same reasons, but I've been a little too anxious. The last two nights, I dreamt about Sox games. That is unusual for me...

JUribe1989
10-21-2005, 05:41 PM
Nothing to be upset about even if we lose. We are the AL Champions. That's a hell of an accomplishment. Be happy no matter what!
:)

MarySwiss
10-21-2005, 05:44 PM
Okay, guys! Let's face it! We could win the first three games by an average of 11 runs per game and be up in Game 4 by a score of 22-0 with Houston batting in the bottom of the ninth with nobody on, two out, and two strikes on the batter, and we'd still be nervous!

Comes with the territory! It's called being a Sox fan! And despite what I am sure is a rapidly growing ulcer that will probably be the size of (insert steriod-using player's name here) head by the time this thing is done, I wouldn't have it any other way!

And neither would any of you!

GO, SOXXXXXXXXX!!!:wired:

pdimas
10-21-2005, 05:46 PM
I have been a complete mess. I had to contest a citation so I was downtown yesterday and seeing those flags just got to me. I know a lot of us have shed a few tears of joy but I gotta confess it really didn't hit me until the last few days. I have just had this feeling of overwhelming pride.

I can't sit still today which sucks because today I have to work until 8. It is just pure torture. At least when I get home I can keep myself occupied with getting the tailgate stuff in order for tomorrow.

steff
10-21-2005, 05:48 PM
That he is, but I got kinda ticked when we were discussing getting full ST in order to get WS tickets. He said, "(Girlfriend's name) and I can go to game 1, and you and whoever can go to game 2." He was always my first choice. Ah well... :(:

Eh.. I have mixed feeling about that. Call me if you need to vent.

manders_01
10-21-2005, 06:10 PM
In the past hour or so, I have went from totally excited, can't wait till 5:30 (my time) tomorrow to OHMIGOD I'm getting the same shortness of breath panic attacks I had in college! I'm so siked but at the same time I just can't calm down. My office is having free happy hour this evening - it'll either be really good (calm my nerves) or really bad (send me into even more of a frenzy)!

DumpJerry
10-21-2005, 06:26 PM
Personally, I'm too excited to be nervous. Ever since we signed Gooch last Spring, I've been telling people that we're headed to the World Series. Nobody listened to me outside the WSI community. Since I have been optimistic about us all year (first time I've been this optimistic about the Sox in the 35 years I've devoted to them), I don't have room for doubt or nervousness.

Sure, I get nervous during individual games, but that ended when el Duque entered the game a couple of weeks ago.........................

Realist
10-21-2005, 07:48 PM
It has just hit me. :wired:

I'm jumping out of my skin and I have no idea how I'm going to get any sleep in the morning.

Go Sox!

batmanZoSo
10-21-2005, 08:06 PM
I'm not nervous or anxious.

Cause I got a peaceful, easy feeling. And I know they won't let me down.

You guys should come over and I'll give you a few of my "chill pills." :cool:

LongLiveFisk
10-21-2005, 08:58 PM
I'm not nervous or anxious.

Cause I got a peaceful, easy feeling. And I know they won't let me down.

You guys should come over and I'll give you a few of my "chill pills." :cool:

Then please send a few my way because I'm nervous as hell!

Brian26
10-21-2005, 11:20 PM
I thought you weren't a football fan. :wink:

Haven't been since about 1990. :D: