PDA

View Full Version : I still got it!

mike squires
10-21-2005, 03:28 PM
I have to admit it guys and gals, I was feeling sick the past few weeks. I was up for the Boston series. Heart racing, pacing the floor and all. The Angels came in to town and I was seriously thinking about going to a doctor. I was excited, don't get me wrong but it wasn't the feeling I thought it would or should be. We were going to the series and although happy, I felt normal.

Today as my daughter slept, I popped in the 93 clincher and watched Bo's towering shot and I got tears in my eyes, watched a young Guillen hug big Bo and got chills up and down my spine.

I simply want to be pumped for the Series. Is it fatherhood, age, hasn't sunk in yet???

After today and watching that homerun, I want to think I am cured.:D:

Baby Fisk
10-21-2005, 03:33 PM
It's a lull right now. Expect your pulse rate to soar the moment you see that first visual on Saturday night of a JAM PACKED US Cellular Field. It will be full of delirious Sox fans -- bundled against the cold, but screaming their hearts out -- and the south side nine will take the field in glorious pinstripe/vests, their uniforms and hats emblazoned with the WORLD SERIES logo. :wired:

OMG why is the time dragging like this???

elrod
10-21-2005, 03:35 PM
See my thread below about waiting. Man, this is getting too much. I'm gonna be up in Madison for a wedding tomorrow, but I'm taking my son back to the hotel before the game starts. There'll be a lot of nervous pacing in the hotel room.

mweflen
10-21-2005, 04:20 PM
It's a lull right now. Expect your pulse rate to soar the moment you see that first visual on Saturday night of a JAM PACKED US Cellular Field. It will be HALF full of delirious Sox fans -- bundled against the cold, but screaming their hearts out -- and the south side nine will take the field in glorious pinstripe/vests, their uniforms and hats emblazoned with the WORLD SERIES logo. :wired:

OMG why is the time dragging like this???

Fixed your post for you.:wink:

hold2dibber
10-21-2005, 04:32 PM
For the first half of the week, I was calm - excited but normal. Starting this morning, when I read the Trib's World Series Preview, the butterflies in the stomach started again, I'm having heart palpitations, and I'm basically unable to focus on anything other than the Sox for more than a few minutes. In other words, I believe I now have full-fledged World Series Fever and it hurts so good!

oeo
10-21-2005, 04:43 PM
I have to admit it guys and gals, I was feeling sick the past few weeks. I was up for the Boston series. Heart racing, pacing the floor and all. The Angels came in to town and I was seriously thinking about going to a doctor. I was excited, don't get me wrong but it wasn't the feeling I thought it would or should be. We were going to the series and although happy, I felt normal.

Today as my daughter slept, I popped in the 93 clincher and watched Bo's towering shot and I got tears in my eyes, watched a young Guillen hug big Bo and got chills up and down my spine.

I simply want to be pumped for the Series. Is it fatherhood, age, hasn't sunk in yet???

After today and watching that homerun, I want to think I am cured.:D:

It hasn't quite hit me yet either. I was so excited about the Boston series, and the Angels I wasn't as excited for. I don't know why...but I don't think I've felt all the excitement yet. I'm waiting for it, and I think I started to feel it today but it's not quite there yet. I hope it comes...even reading this thread has started to get me pumped. Still don't believe that we're in THE WORLD SERIES!!...come on, sink in already.

mike squires
10-21-2005, 11:12 PM
Watched the complete celebration tonight. IT was great to see Ozzie's very young boys. Cora and someone came over and was dumping beer all over them. They must have been no older than 10.:gulp: