PDA

View Full Version : RUMOR per CH. 7: Fan Deck Closed?

CaptainBallz
10-21-2005, 02:17 PM
This is the most absurd thing EVER, but my sister insists that Ch. 7 said that the fan deck would be closed for the WS.

What part of that story is she missing?

HotelWhiteSox
10-21-2005, 02:20 PM
I saw it too and posted it in the Security Bubble thread. They said the Fan Deck, Bullpen Sports Bar, and Fundamentals will be closed

dickallen15
10-21-2005, 02:20 PM
I'm pretty sure its being rented out. The fundamentals deck will be closed.

Ol' No. 2
10-21-2005, 02:30 PM
Someone on eBay is selling two tickets to the FanDeck for Sunday's game.:o: Interesting.

The Critic
10-21-2005, 02:33 PM
Well, no one wants to see HillWilliam Ligue leap from the fan deck onto Chris Burke, so the FanDeck MUST be shut down TIGHT!!
There will be a SECURITY BUBBLE around the proximic perimeter of said FanDeck!!

Brian26
10-21-2005, 03:49 PM
:hawk

"The Astros claim that someone was reading somebody's mail....from the Fan Deck."

:DJ

"Kinda like Aurelio Rodriguez stealing signs in the '83 playoffs, partner?"

zach23
10-21-2005, 03:54 PM
They had signs during the ALCS saying that the fan deck and bullpen bar were both closed. There were people getting into the bar with special tickets and it looked like the fan deck was rented out for a special party.
I think MLB had taken over the bar and had a big thing going on down there. If I remember correctly the bar was taken over for the All Star game as well when I was there.

champagne030
10-21-2005, 03:56 PM
Someone on eBay is selling two tickets to the FanDeck for Sunday's game.:o: Interesting.

MLB took them over.....a flub rooting vendor for Pepsi probably wanted to make some coin....:mad:

Madvora
10-21-2005, 04:50 PM
Yeah, here's the listing.

http://cgi.ebay.com/2-TICKETS-Game-2-World-Series-Fan-Deck-FREE-BEER_W0QQitemZ6571805229QQcategoryZ16122QQssPageNa meZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I wish the picture was a little clearer, I would like to see what the tickets actually say. I would be very cautious about buying these tickets. I've never heard of this before.

Ol' No. 2
10-21-2005, 04:56 PM

http://cgi.ebay.com/2-TICKETS-Game-2-World-Series-Fan-Deck-FREE-BEER_W0QQitemZ6571805229QQcategoryZ16122QQssPageNa meZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I wish the picture was a little clearer, I would like to see what the tickets actually say. I would be very cautious about buying these tickets. I've never heard of this before.And the accompanying text is pretty unbelievable. His fiancee doesn't think it's a good idea because of their finances?:rolleyes: I wouldn't touch these babies.

oeo
10-21-2005, 05:03 PM

I think the fundamentals will have the beautiful Jeannie Zelasko and FOX's pre/post game show. I thought I heard that somewhere.

beckett21
10-21-2005, 05:05 PM

I wish the picture was a little clearer, I would like to see what the tickets actually say. I would be very cautious about buying these tickets. I've never heard of this before.

The line above *Fan Deck* appears to say *American League Championship Series* :?:

Am I the only one who sees this? The date looks right...

I wouldn't touch them with a 20-foot pole personally.

oeo
10-21-2005, 05:07 PM
The line above *Fan Deck* appears to say *American League Championship Series* :?:

I wouldn't touch them with a 20-foot pole personally.

Well, $1200 is enough of its own. Ridiculous, I don't care what game it is...that's too much for one game.

miker
10-21-2005, 05:09 PM
But what if some corporate-type's three year-old wants to learn how to hit and field?

Ol' No. 2
10-21-2005, 05:26 PM

I wouldn't touch them with a 20-foot pole personally.I hadn't noticed that, but it does. The whole picture sure is conveniently fuzzy. You get better resolution than that with a camera phone.

ChiSoxRowand
10-21-2005, 06:18 PM
I think the fundamentals will have the beautiful Jeannie Zelasko and FOX's pre/post game show. I thought I heard that somewhere.

You are probably right. Baseball Tonights studio is up there too.

MarySwiss
10-21-2005, 06:47 PM

"Beautiful" in teal. Nice.

Your opinion of a broadcaster's pulchritude is irrelevant. Would you please just stop it? Now? Thank you!

SouthSide_HitMen
10-21-2005, 09:31 PM

Isn't she on Malcolm in the Middle?

HotelWhiteSox
10-22-2005, 12:02 AM
Not a rumor anymore

http://whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20051020&content_id=1255681&vkey=pr_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws

For the entire World Series, the Bullpen Sports Bar, the outdoor seating adjacent to the Bullpen Sports Bar, the Pontiac Fundamentals Area and the center field Fan Deck are sold out. These areas were sold as regular ticketed areas and will not be available to the public.

Sox 19
10-22-2005, 12:49 AM
That kinda sucks! So much for getting in line by Gate 2 early! I thought it'd be a nice upgrade from the Upper Deck. I'm also glad that I searched for it on here, now I can leave home later! What time's everyone getting there? I'm going to Game 1, and should be arriving between 1:00 and 2:00! Section 555, Row 14! Maybe I can catch a glimpse of Fox's pre-game and post-game with Jack and Corey.

shoota II
10-22-2005, 11:02 AM
"Beautiful" in teal. Nice.

Your opinion of a broadcaster's pulchritude is irrelevant. Would you please just stop it? Now? Thank you!

Needed fix.