PDA

View Full Version : a tribute to Sat 46

my5thbench
10-21-2005, 02:55 PM
Scott T. ,Colonel, US Army, known on the net as sat46 passed away 9/22/05
he was a die hard Sox fan, raised in Chicago in the 50's & 60's, he served
honorably in Viet Nam. We 1st met him in 2,000 at whitesox.com, he began
a story fo a little boat filled with Sox fans jouneying to the far shore. He in-
cluded art work showing a bunch of misfits on a little wooden sailing ship, we
all volunteered for duty & we headed for the division championship, upon ar-rival the little boat transformed into Old Ironsides.

Each year sat would refer back to the little boat & this year he was convin-
ced that solid pitching would finally bring a world championship to his bel-
oved Sox. Sat had been at West Point where his two sons graduated & are
now serving as officers in our US Army, somewhere in this world. He & his
wife recently retired to Texas where he struggled with a bad heart. He
would have so loved this world series & his little boat's finally making it to
the far shore.

Rest in peace good man....his little boat can still be found on the message
board at whitesox.com as well as an e-mail from his wife announcing his
passing.

Palehose13
10-21-2005, 03:00 PM
Wow. I remember sat46 from the whitesox.com board (I was WinUgly). I'm sorry to hear that he didn't get to enjoy this entire season.

XplodingScorbord
10-21-2005, 03:01 PM
Though I only knew him online, I can say without reservation:
He was a class individual.
He'll be missed.
He's watching the magic unfold from somewhere.

zach23
10-21-2005, 03:03 PM
I remember him from when I was on those boards back in 2000. I haven't been on the mlb boards in the past few years. It sucks that he isn't around to see this.

my5thbench
10-21-2005, 03:49 PM
please if you all have time visit WS.com today, the e-mail from his wife
is quite touching as she speaks of his love for the Sox, 'til the end, also
someone has posted his last post written just a few days before he died &
someone else had a copy of a poem he had written to young soldiers, it is
in the thread that includes his wife's e-mail

I feel that I've lost a friend & I know that the White Sox have lost a great one

Iwritecode
10-21-2005, 04:11 PM
please if you all have time visit WS.com today, the e-mail from his wife
is quite touching as she speaks of his love for the Sox, 'til the end, also
someone has posted his last post written just a few days before he died &
someone else had a copy of a poem he had written to young soldiers, it is
in the thread that includes his wife's e-mail

I feel that I've lost a friend & I know that the White Sox have lost a great one

Link?

I searched around the board and found a bunch of posts but not the one from his wife...

my5thbench
10-21-2005, 04:23 PM
code I'm sorry...it was posted by tanoose & is entitled

Col Scott A. Tackett Sr. sat46

mea culpa

oldcomiskey
10-21-2005, 05:11 PM
code I'm sorry...it was posted by tanoose & is entitled

Col Scott A. Tackett Sr. sat46

mea culpa
Man that hurts--I too remember him from the old sox.com boards. Certainly My condolences

chisoxfanatic
10-21-2005, 05:18 PM
Oh wow! I remember being part of the Crew on the Little Boat. He was at the official site the most. We all know that he's on the Little Tug, which is just about to reach the Far Shore.

Condolences, sat family...

JimH
10-21-2005, 05:30 PM
it was posted by tanoose

aka ncorgbl

:rolleyes:

chisoxfanatic
10-21-2005, 05:31 PM
aka ncorgbl

Corgie? The man who constantly talked about wearing nothing but Speedoes aboard the Little Boat?

BeviBall!
10-21-2005, 05:32 PM
aka ncorgbl

Can we ban that moniker and any mention of that guy here, please?

RedPinStripes
10-21-2005, 05:37 PM
Can we ban that moniker and any mention of that guy here, please?

He used to post here a lot when there was a political forum. Not sure if he was banned or not.

my5thbench
10-21-2005, 05:50 PM
wow...tanoose & corg are one & the same?

corg acting as a "Sox insider a couple of years ago caused alot of problems over there

chisoxfanatic
10-21-2005, 06:00 PM
Yea, the only Sox "Insider" was BigFrank who "Meat" the Sox.

batmanZoSo
10-21-2005, 06:02 PM
Wow, what a heartbreaker. He was one hell of a Sox fan and from what I remember, he had an amazing collection of Sox memorabilia and got a spot on one of the TV stations here once for it (unless I'm thinking of another guy from those boards). I actually thought about him recently because I remember him talking about watching the '59 series when he was a teenager or so and thinking how great it is that the Sox got back for fans like him who've stuck around all these years. I guess it wasn't to be, though. R.I.P.

As for Ncrapbl, lol...

LuvSox
10-22-2005, 01:27 AM
aka ncorgbl

aka ****ing *******.

Anyway, sorry to hear about sat46, rip.

Wsoxmike59
10-22-2005, 08:32 AM
I'm very saddened to hear about the Colonel's passing. Sat46 was one of the good guys at the old WhiteSox.com message boards. I loved his posts and his never give up attitude. He will be sorely missed.

I was thinking of the SAT46 on the night the Sox won the Pennant, and was thinking how happy he must be, and how "the lil' boat" finally made it to the shore. I went looking for a SAT46 post over at White Sox.com the next day and thought it strange or unusual to find nothing there. Sadly, I found my explanation why.

I was honored to have known him, even if it were only from a baseball message board, and he even emailed me on a couple of occasions. He paid me the highest compliment when after a I took a long break from the madness and in fighting on the White Sox.com board....he told me that he missed my posts, as he always enjoyed what I had to say regarding the White Sox.

If you notice at the end of the White Sox Visual History tape, when the credits are rolling they give thanks to the many people who helped in creating the video, either with writing and research (Rich Lindberg) or those who lent valuable memorabilia from their White Sox collections for use in the video (Scott Alan Tackett) aka SAT.

R.I.P. Colonel SAT46, your brothers in arms in the White Sox army will miss you immensely.

P.S. my5thbench thank you for letting us know. It's hard to be the bearer of bad news, especially now when the Sox have finally delivered a long awaited championship to its' fans.

For the record, I've always enjoyed "benchies" posts as well. He's a great and knowledgable Sox fan too, and I'm glad to see him posting over here at WSI.

Wsoxmike59

zach23
10-22-2005, 08:36 AM
I'm very saddened to hear about the Colonel's passing. Sat46 was one of the good guys at the old WhiteSox.com message boards. I loved his posts and his never give up attitude. He will be sorely missed.

I was thinking of the SAT46 on the night the Sox won the Pennant, and was thinking how happy he must be, and how "the lil' boat" finally made it to the shore. I went looking for a SAT46 post over at White Sox.com the next day and thought it strange or unusual to find nothing there. Sadly, I found my explanation why.

I was honored to have known him, even if it were only from a baseball message board, and he even emailed me on a couple of occasions. He paid me the highest compliment when after a I took a long break from the madness and in fighting on the White Sox.com board....he told me that he missed my posts, as he always enjoyed what I had to say regarding the White Sox.

If you notice at the end of the White Sox Visual History tape, when the credits are rolling they give thanks to the many people who helped in creating the video, either with writing and research (Rich Lindberg) or those who lent valuable memorabilia from their White Sox collections for use in the video (Scott Alan Tackett) aka SAT.

R.I.P. Colonel SAT46, your brothers in arms in the White Sox army will miss you immensely.

P.S. my5thbench thank you for letting us know. It's hard to be the bearer of bad news, especially now when the Sox have finally delivered a long awaited championship to its' fans.

For the record, I've always enjoyed "benchies" posts as well. He's a great and knowledgable Sox fan too, and I'm glad to see him posting over here at WSI.

Wsoxmike59
Scott Alan Tackett will be with us all in spirit tonight. I will be thinking of him and all the other good Sox fans that are no longer with us as I watch the pre-game videos tonight.

bluestar
10-22-2005, 08:58 AM

Wsoxmike59

I echo these sentiments about Mr. Tackett. I also had come to know him and appreciate him through that message board. I stopped posting there regularly a couple of years ago, but I returned occasionally only to check up on SAT and see how he was doing. This news certainly saddens me.

TornLabrum
10-22-2005, 09:18 AM
I remember sat 46 from my days as a mod on the old Sox board. He was truly a class act and will be missed.