cleanwsox
10-21-2005, 12:51 PM
Nice to see Contreras got the bigger picture. :D:

patbooyah
10-21-2005, 12:54 PM
this is what it looks like, in case it changes:

Tekijawa
10-21-2005, 12:58 PM
I'm reading the "Whites Sox Astro's Deserve this" Article and I saw this picture?????

Now I know why Coop is such a good Pitching coach:

http://espn-att.starwave.com/media/pg2/2005/1021/photo/051021_sox_275.jpg

He's got THREE FREAKIN' ARMS!

Fuller_Schettman
10-21-2005, 12:59 PM
I'm reading the "Whites Sox Astro's Desreve this" Article and I saw this picture?????

Now I know why coop is such a good Pitching coach:

That's just gross!
:rolling:

VivaOzzie
10-21-2005, 01:05 PM
I like how Clemens is hiding behind JC, like he's scared!

Iwritecode
10-21-2005, 01:29 PM
I'm reading the "Whites Sox Astro's Deserve this" Article

I was reading that as well. Nice to see that there are people out there that "get it".

The crucial difference between fans of the Red Sox and Cubs and those of the White Sox and Astros is that the latter had the decency to keep their suffering to themselves.

The White Sox have gone longer than the Red Sox went without a world championship, but did Stephen King write about their angst? Did Jimmy Fallon make a movie about their pain? Did their fans whine about some ridiculous curse? No. In fact, if you so much as bring up any nonsense about a curse, the White Sox will set you straight.

I remember in 2003 everyone drooling over the chance for the Red Sox and Cubs to meet in the WS. Of course they were the 2 teams with the longest WS drought in MLB. :rolleyes:

Alanzo XXXVIII
10-21-2005, 01:31 PM
The crucial difference between fans of the Red Sox and Cubs and those of the White Sox and Astros is that the latter had the decency to keep their suffering to themselves.

The White Sox have gone longer than the Red Sox went without a world championship, but did Stephen King write about their angst? Did Jimmy Fallon make a movie about their pain? Did their fans whine about some ridiculous curse? No. In fact, if you so much as bring up any nonsense about a curse, the White Sox will set you straight.

beautiful!

RedHeadPaleHoser
10-21-2005, 01:39 PM
Quote: You want misery? The Astros gave the game AstroTurf, indoor baseball and those infamous rainbow jerseys that would one day serve as the basis for the Department of Homeland Security's color code. The nation's terror threat level is at Jose Cruz home jersey.

That's just downright funny.

soxfan26
10-21-2005, 03:04 PM
No two teams and fan bases have endured more pain while refusing to whine about it than the improbable 2005 World Series dance partners.

:thumbsup:

elrod
10-21-2005, 03:21 PM
Great article overall. Any other year and I'd be pulling for the Astros. Alas, not this year.

Fungo
10-21-2005, 03:27 PM
I'm reading the "Whites Sox Astro's Deserve this" Article

I was reading that as well. Nice to see that there are people out there that "get it".

"Get it" except for this little nugget...

After the Black Sox, Disco Demolition, Wilbur Wood in shorts, the Tampa threat, the destruction of old Comiskey, MJ in the minors, the White Towel trade, and William Ligue and his son, after the glare of the Astrodome roof, the rainbow jerseys, the 1980, '86 and '94 playoffs, and Albert Pujols -- after all that -- the Astros and the White Sox are finally in the World Series.

The White Towel trade? Dumbass, it was the White Bed Sheet trade.

SSN721
10-21-2005, 03:33 PM
That is great. Nice pic, nice article. Is it just me or is the World Series logo this year cool as hell? (And I am not just thinking this because the Sox are in it) I picked up some swag the other day with just the Sox logo and the WS logo because I love the way it looks. Much better then past years that I remember. I dontk now, maybe I am just crazy. :D:

peeonwrigley
10-21-2005, 03:57 PM
That is great. Nice pic, nice article. Is it just me or is the World Series logo this year cool as hell? (And I am not just thinking this because the Sox are in it) I picked up some swag the other day with just the Sox logo and the WS logo because I love the way it looks. Much better then past years that I remember. I dontk now, maybe I am just crazy. :D:

I think its cool as hell.

Of course, this is the first time in my life I've been buying WS merchandise and thus paid attention to the logo.

beckett21
10-21-2005, 04:59 PM

:ozzie "The logo looks better when you win"

:)

Garland_IS_God
10-21-2005, 05:04 PM
I'm reading the "Whites Sox Astro's Deserve this" Article and I saw this picture?????

Now I know why Coop is such a good Pitching coach:

Actually, he's got 4.
1. Contreras
2. Buehrle
3. Garcia
4. Garland
:tongue:

batmanZoSo
10-21-2005, 05:32 PM
I like how Clemens is hiding behind JC, like he's scared!

Yeah, Clemens has always had a reputation for being a sissy. :D:

PaleHoseGeorge
10-21-2005, 06:09 PM
If I didn't know better, I would say Jim Caple has spent some quality time nosing around White Sox Interactive.

:cool: