PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Cub Fan Moment #9,885

Hangar18
10-21-2005, 11:33 AM
After the Astros clinched, I got a call from a bitter Cub fan .........

Sheep: Do you realize this will be the most least watched series in history?
Hangar: How do you know this?
Sheep: The guys on FOX were just talking about it (didnt surprise me)
Hangar: You forget a couple of things, Chicago is still a major market, 3rd largest in the United States, despite what some owners think. There will be a ton of people watching, Im not worried about it.
Sheep: But noone in Chicago cares ...........
Hangar: Even if say your right, and the "ratings are low", it wont matter, because the CHICAGO WHITE SOX are in the World Series, wheres your team?
Sheep: (long pause .............)
Hangar: Hmmmmmmmm?

Unregistered
10-21-2005, 11:35 AM
Wow, we're almost at Stupid Cub Fan Moment #1,000!

:happybday

itsnotrequired
10-21-2005, 11:53 AM
Good to see the return of the Stupid Cub Fan Moments!

dividedsk717
10-21-2005, 11:58 AM
Cubs fans need to realize MLB won't put an asterisk by the winning team b/c the series had a low television rating.

Oh, wait, I just remembered that rationalizing with Cubs fans won't work.

rocky biddle
10-21-2005, 12:07 PM
When are these people going to realize that all their attendance, ratings and bad neighborhood arguments combined can't take away the fact that the White Sox are in the World Series? The only people that put stock in those things are petty, jealous individuals that are just looking for excuses.

That beig said, the next time someone talks to you about tv ratings, just remind him that even one person watching the Sox playing in the World Series is one more than is watching his team not playing in the World Series.

CaptainBallz
10-21-2005, 12:17 PM
That's all that matters to these people: How many other people are doing it!? They need that comfort in the form of the 'A'-word and TV ratings to make it feel like what happens up north is actually "something", not just a huge scam by an even more HUGE corporation.

Who Cares!? Sox are in the Series! They have 'next year'.

p.s. A Cub fan friend of mine (who actually loathes modern 'Cubdom') finally said he'd like to see the Sox win, just to show the Tribune Co. that fielding a winning team is a good thing.
He called this series "The Perfect Storm"---His worst baseball nightmare.

Baby Fisk
10-21-2005, 12:34 PM
Interesting how the Sheep have nothing to say about the actual White Sox team, the one that despite all these handicaps of bad attendance, bad neighbourhood, bad fanbase, bad stadium, bad TV ratings, etc etc, still somehow managed to win the AMERICAN LEAGUE CHAMPIONSHIP... :rolleyes:

schmitty9800
10-21-2005, 12:38 PM
Not that I care about it, but he's also completely wrong. There's no way that this will be lower rated than the NYvNY series. All of Texas will be watching these games, and I'd say that you can count on around 3 million viewers from Illinois.

veeter
10-21-2005, 12:50 PM
With Sox fans it's always about the BASEBALL!!!! I don't care if its ratings are lower than Hogan's Heros re-runs at 3:00a.m. Our Sox won the pennant and are four wins from being WORLD CHAMPS!!!! Let the idiots say what they want. This is all just a defense mechanism because they're dying inside.

Uncle_Patrick
10-21-2005, 01:01 PM
Hey, in baseball, popularity is always more important than winning. I'm going to be feeling real bad if a lot of people don't watch the World Series.

1000ml
10-21-2005, 01:11 PM
The actual truth is that the ratings have been great during the Sox playoffs and, with the lack of tickets available, should be great for the WS.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/chi-0510180143oct18,1,1018386.story?coll=chi-sportsnew-hed

Pasqua's Posers
10-21-2005, 01:25 PM
I think it's amazing how low these clowns will stoop and sell their souls to one of their rivals:

From "J.R" on NSBB:

I hate Houston, but there are no words capable of describing the revulsion with which I regard the South Side fraud.

I'M WEARING A HOUSTON CAP THIS WEEK

What a piece of garbage...

Uncle_Patrick
10-21-2005, 01:35 PM
I think it's amazing how low these clowns will stoop and sell their souls to one of their rivals:

From "J.R" on NSBB:

I hate Houston, but there are no words capable of describing the revulsion with which I regard the South Side fraud.

I'M WEARING A HOUSTON CAP THIS WEEK

What a piece of garbage...

Its sad when your life is so consumed with hatred. But he's a Cubs fan, so many things in his life are probably sad.

CLR01
10-21-2005, 01:40 PM
Its sad when your life is so consumed with hatred. But he's a Cubs fan, so many things in his life are probably sad.

LMAO....do you actually read this site, especially posts by the thread starter? Far to many people here have much more hatered for the Cubs and their fans. Some put theire hatered of all things Cubs first.

It's sad that the Sox are in the World Series for the first time in 50 years and there are still 10 threads about the Cubs everyday.

daveeym
10-21-2005, 01:59 PM
Hangar stop hanging out at grade schools and arguing with the kids wearing Cubs hats.

Hangar18
10-21-2005, 02:04 PM
Hangar stop hanging out at grade schools and arguing with the kids wearing Cubs hats.

I got a phone call, which prompted this thread ........

The Critic
10-21-2005, 02:31 PM
My favorite part of that whole story was the phrase:
"most least-watched"

"No, no, I bet some other series was more less-watched!!!"
"No WAY - this one will be the MOSTER LEASTEST-WATCHED!!!"

:redneck

longshot7
10-21-2005, 04:35 PM
Wow, we're almost at Stupid Cub Fan Moment #1,000!

:happybday

Unregistered
10-21-2005, 05:01 PM
10,000.As you may have guessed, I'm not a big math guy. :cool:

miker
10-21-2005, 05:07 PM
Good to see the return of the Stupid Cub Fan Moments!
Do they ever really go away?

mrs. hendu
10-21-2005, 05:19 PM
:rolling: (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=0#):rolling: (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=0#):rolling: (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=0#)

CaptainBallz
10-21-2005, 05:24 PM

Is there actually a running count of Stupid Cubs Fan Moments that started at #1? If so, what was #1.
I would guess it would be the first guy to become a Cubs fan, but anyway....

Unregistered
10-21-2005, 05:28 PM
Is there actually a running count of Stupid Cubs Fan Moments that started at #1? If so, what was #1.
I would guess it would be the first guy to become a Cubs fan, but anyway....No, it seems like Hangar just makes up a number at random. Hence my hi-larious quip. :wink:

TheOldRoman
10-21-2005, 10:00 PM
I stopped reading when Hangar threw in the "big market DESPITE WHAT SOME OWNERS THINK". Same crap, different day.
As for CLR's comment, I think we all agree that Hangar is insane.:cool:
It is bad that some of these fans are still obsessing about the Cubs. However, I started a thread yesterday about the Cubs fans' inferiority complex and them running out to buy Astros caps. I don't know one single Sox fan who bought a Braves or Marlins hat to wear them when those respective teams faced the Cubs in the playoffs. Not only were the blue sheep buying Astros hats yesterday, they cleaned out the entire store of within 4 hours. In a south suburb!
I don't like the Cubs. I never will. The next time they make the playoffs, I will probably root against them. That doesn't make me obsessed. That doesn't mean that I will talk about the Cubs to no end. I certainly would never buy a cap or shirts of the team the Cubs are playing and pretend to root for them. That is way beyong anything I, or even Hangar would do.
Then again, this should surpise nobody. Any given Sox game during the regular season there are over 1,000 Cubs fans who pay money specifically to root against us. Many of them buy hats of that day's rival and pretend to be fans of that team. That is beyond pathetic, and that is that last thing I am going to say about the Cubs "fans" for a long time.

Chips
10-21-2005, 10:12 PM
I stopped reading when Hangar threw in the "big market DESPITE WHAT SOME OWNERS THINK". Same crap, different day.
As for CLR's comment, I think we all agree that Hangar is insane.:cool:
It is bad that some of these fans are still obsessing about the Cubs. However, I started a thread yesterday about the Cubs fans' inferiority complex and them running out to buy Astros caps. I don't know one single Sox fan who bought a Braves or Marlins hat to wear them when those respective teams faced the Cubs in the playoffs. Not only were the blue sheep buying Astros hats yesterday, they cleaned out the entire store of within 4 hours. In a south suburb!
I don't like the Cubs. I never will. The next time they make the playoffs, I will probably root against them. That doesn't make me obsessed. That doesn't mean that I will talk about the Cubs to no end. I certainly would never buy a cap or shirts of the team the Cubs are playing and pretend to root for them. That is way beyong anything I, or even Hangar would do.
Then again, this should surpise nobody. Any given Sox game during the regular season there are over 1,000 Cubs fans who pay money specifically to root against us. Many of them buy hats of that day's rival and pretend to be fans of that team. That is beyond pathetic, and that is that last thing I am going to say about the Cubs "fans" for a long time.

You don't know The Dude. However, he did exchange the Braves hat for a Sox once the Braves were eliminated in the first round, as usual. The Marlins hat he still has, which is probably going to be a collectors item one day with the world series logo on it. Let the flub fans cheer for the Astros, we're in the Series, they're not.

The Dude
10-21-2005, 10:26 PM
You don't know The Dude. However, he did exchange the Braves hat for a Sox once the Braves were eliminated in the first round, as usual. The Marlins hat he still has, which is probably going to be a collectors item one day with the world series logo on it. Let the flub fans cheer for the Astros, we're in the Series, they're not.

I only did that for my Cub fan roommates who wouldnt stop rubbing it in my face. I hate the Braves, but it served a purpose. Hindsight, I wouldnt do it again. The Marlins, however, I am glad I bought it and were very proud of them when they beat the Yanks.

Some of my NIU buddies still remember the night the Marlins won because we were at a party and I just kept screaming (completely trashed obviously) "THE MARLINS ARE THE WORLD CHAMPIONS!!!" I sure hope I do that this year and sub Marlins with White Sox. :D:

itsnotrequired
10-21-2005, 11:49 PM
Do they ever really go away?

They did since August 22. Well, acording to Hanger anyway.:cool:

Interestingly enough, "Stupid Cub Fan Moment 9,885" is now on it's 4th life. Same thread title on August 3, August 11, August 22 and now, October 21.

Will I live long enough to see #9,886?:tongue:

miker
10-22-2005, 02:59 PM
Will I live long enough to see #9,886?:tongue:
That's the scary thing about "Stupid Cub Fan Moments"...they're constantly going on all around you!

Stroker Ace
10-22-2005, 03:57 PM
It's mighty pathetic when flub fans think they will win an argument by saying that no one will watch the World Series. Just proves that they can still lower the bar on intelligent arguments.

ChiWhiteSox1337
10-22-2005, 04:09 PM
It's mighty pathetic when flub fans think they will win an argument by saying that no one will watch the World Series. Just proves that they can still lower the bar on intelligent arguments.
That reminds me, I saw a bar sign today here in Rockford that said "Come watch the White Sox lose with real Cub fans." I guess someone is going to watch it after all, despite what some Cub fans may think! :rolleyes:

chisoxfanatic
10-22-2005, 04:16 PM

I think he's too busy heading the FOJDH (Fans Of Jermaine Dye Haters) to be anywhere near grade schools... :tongue:

Dan Mega
10-23-2005, 04:13 PM
My gf and I went to a couple of bars on the northside yesterday looking for a decent place to watch the game. Each bar had its share of anti-sox fans, which was expected due to where we were.

We first stopped at Halligans on Lincoln (yes, huge mistake). There were a good number of Sox fans when we got there and it looked like a good place to hang out. Suddenly, 15 or so frat boys and their fake-tan girlfriends came in wearing Cubs gear, chanting "Go Astros" and "Sox suck". I didn't care, I was wanted to watch the game. This one drunk Scrub moron decided to tell my girlfriend that she was dating a methhead and asked her which trailer park we lived in outside the city. Not caring, she turned around and went about her business talking to another guy who was trying to get a drink at the bar. The Scrub fan grabs her shoulder and says "dont' turn around when I'm talking to you white trash bitch". He was obviously drunk but I became livid. I got between them and basically told him I'm not a violent guy but if he ever lays a hand on her again I'll show him a world of pain. Just trying to protect her.

His little fi-fi flub girlfriend then threw an entire beer in my face. Guess what happens? The bouncers kicked US out.

I was ticked off. Big time. I called the Cubune this morning to tell them what happened and that I saw a few similiar incidents of Flub fans being moronic and classless. They didn't believe me though the one lady I talked to admitted they had a few more calls like it. She even had the nerve to say that Sox fans were just making this up because Cubs fans are the most classiest baseball fans in the city and that I was just trying to give them a bad name.

My girlfriend was smarter about it, she called the Suntimes and they said they had numerous calls about it, and asked if they could call me tomorrow to find out exactly what happened. Apparently they've been getting dozens of calls from Sox fans saying they are being physically and verbally harassed in north side bars.

Lets hope something really gets put out to finally expose the fact that Scrubs fans are some of the most ruthless and idiotic fans in sports.

Oh well, Sox won!

Soxfanspcu11
10-23-2005, 04:24 PM
My gf and I went to a couple of bars on the northside yesterday looking for a decent place to watch the game. Each bar had its share of anti-sox fans, which was expected due to where we were.

We first stopped at Halligans on Lincoln (yes, huge mistake). There were a good number of Sox fans when we got there and it looked like a good place to hang out. Suddenly, 15 or so frat boys and their fake-tan girlfriends came in wearing Cubs gear, chanting "Go Astros" and "Sox suck". I didn't care, I was wanted to watch the game. This one drunk Scrub moron decided to tell my girlfriend that she was dating a methhead and asked her which trailer park we lived in outside the city. Not caring, she turned around and went about her business talking to another guy who was trying to get a drink at the bar. The Scrub fan grabs her shoulder and says "dont' turn around when I'm talking to you white trash bitch". He was obviously drunk but I became livid. I got between them and basically told him I'm not a violent guy but if he ever lays a hand on her again I'll show him a world of pain. Just trying to protect her.

His little fi-fi flub girlfriend then threw an entire beer in my face. Guess what happens? The bouncers kicked US out.

I was ticked off. Big time. I called the Cubune this morning to tell them what happened and that I saw a few similiar incidents of Flub fans being moronic and classless. They didn't believe me though the one lady I talked to admitted they had a few more calls like it. She even had the nerve to say that Sox fans were just making this up because Cubs fans are the most classiest baseball fans in the city and that I was just trying to give them a bad name.

My girlfriend was smarter about it, she called the Suntimes and they said they had numerous calls about it, and asked if they could call me tomorrow to find out exactly what happened. Apparently they've been getting dozens of calls from Sox fans saying they are being physically and verbally harassed in north side bars.

Lets hope something really gets put out to finally expose the fact that Scrubs fans are some of the most ruthless and idiotic fans in sports.

Oh well, Sox won!

Please don't take this the wrong way, but why did you go to the north side??? I know you should be able to watch the game wherever, but why go there? If a Cubs fan came into a sox bar, i would expect the same response, just not completely class-less like these jerks your describing. They (cub fans) are so incredibly jealous right now, they just don't know what to do. Screw um, THEY DON'T MATTER! Just stay out of their crappy yuppie bars and let them cry their worthless lives away over 4 dollar cans of old style.

Pasqua's Posers
10-23-2005, 04:28 PM

Oh well, Sox won!

I'm not trying to tread on your manhood at all brother, but if anyone grabbed my girl like that-drunk or not-i'd put him in a coma. That's the way i see it

Dan Mega
10-23-2005, 04:29 PM
We went to the northside because we honestly didn't have the time to hit the southside. We will tonight though.

I don't mind trashtalking one bit, but when a hater grabs your girlfriend, calls her a bitch for no reason, and then his little hooker girlfriend throws a beer in my face for me protecting my girl? Thats just trashy crap.

And you know if it was the other way around the Cubune would be all over it.

Dan Mega
10-23-2005, 04:31 PM
I'm not trying to tread on your manhood at all brother, but if anyone grabbed my girl like that-drunk or not-i'd put him in a coma. That's the way i see it

No problem. Born and raised from parents that were both in the military. I was taught that throwing a punch in that sort of situation would actually cause more problems and solve less. Had I hit the the guy (he was about 5'9" maybe 130, I'm 6'3" 190) he would have been really hurt and I could have gotten arrested.

FarWestChicago
10-23-2005, 05:21 PM
I'm not trying to tread on your manhood at all brother, but if anyone grabbed my girl like that-drunk or not-i'd put him in a coma. That's the way i see itWow, you've sure impressed the hell out of everybody around here!!

TommyJohn
10-23-2005, 06:04 PM
No problem. Born and raised from parents that were both in the military. I was taught that throwing a punch in that sort of situation would actually cause more problems and solve less. Had I hit the the guy (he was about 5'9" maybe 130, I'm 6'3" 190) he would have been really hurt and I could have gotten arrested.

If you had laid him out, THEN the Tribune would've had a story.

"white trash bitch"? Did he really say that? What a moron.

Pasqua's Posers
10-25-2005, 01:35 PM
Wow, you've sure impressed the hell out of everybody around here!!

Don't know what you mean by that...:?:

spiffie
10-25-2005, 01:46 PM
Please don't take this the wrong way, but why did you go to the north side??? I know you should be able to watch the game wherever, but why go there?

Not every bar north of Madison is a "Cubs bar", and there are a lot of us who live up on the north side of the city. For me, getting down to the South Side to watch the game somewhere like Puffer's or Jimbo's is a pain in the ass. So if I want to go somewhere near my home and everything else in my life, I go to a normal bar somewhere near me. Now if he had gone into Hi-Tops or something, maybe I could see it. But he was nowhere near Wrigley Field, and if that's the bar I'm thinking of, there's nothing particularly "Cubbie" about that place.

CaptainBallz
10-25-2005, 02:15 PM
You did the right thing every step of the way. Guaranteed those douchebags bragged about this incident to somebody that let them know what a bunch of classless douchebags they actually are. You didn't accelerate the stupidity. You and your girlfriend were the bigger people-- You Win.

As far as the bar goes, they'd lose my business after something like that. Once again, You Win.

Then as a treat for all of them, Sox Win! WOW, it must be contagious or something.

peeonwrigley
10-25-2005, 03:28 PM
Not every bar north of Madison is a "Cubs bar", and there are a lot of us who live up on the north side of the city. For me, getting down to the South Side to watch the game somewhere like Puffer's or Jimbo's is a pain in the ass. So if I want to go somewhere near my home and everything else in my life, I go to a normal bar somewhere near me. Now if he had gone into Hi-Tops or something, maybe I could see it. But he was nowhere near Wrigley Field, and if that's the bar I'm thinking of, there's nothing particularly "Cubbie" about that place.

Yeah, I'm really put off by that story as well because I've always (by always I mean since May because I just moved up here) seen Halligan's as a very Sox-friendly bar. I've watched five or so games there this year. Additionally, Halligan's is a much more relaxed environment than some bars in its immediate proximity. I would think this is more of an isolated incident, and it was probably DePaul students that knew each other both causing the problem and working at the bar - which would explain who got tossed.