PDA

View Full Version : Ozzie's rant on Mike North- anyone hear it

PatK
10-21-2005, 11:47 AM
Don't know if this is the right forum or not, but did anyone hear Ozzie's rant on Mike North yesterday?

I only caught part of it yesterday when Steve Dahl used part of it as a drop-in, but it was totally hilarious.

Ozzie was going completely nuts on Mike for saying how he's been second guessing everything he does all year, then went on to say that he speaks better English than North.

Did anyone else hear it, or possibly know where I can hear the whole thing?

Erik The Red
10-21-2005, 11:49 AM
LOL, I didn't hear about it but it sounds HILARIOUS!!!

God I hope North doesn't get take Rooney's place.

SoxFan78
10-21-2005, 11:51 AM
Don't know if this is the right forum or not, but did anyone hear Ozzie's rant on Mike North yesterday?

I only caught part of it yesterday when Steve Dahl used part of it as a drop-in, but it was totally hilarious.

Ozzie was going completely nuts on Mike for saying how he's been second guessing everything he does all year, then went on to say that he speaks better English than North.

Did anyone else hear it, or possibly know where I can hear the whole thing?

You can check it out on the Score website. Its right on the front page. So funny!

http://www.670thescore.com/

Erik The Red
10-21-2005, 11:54 AM
You can check it out on the Score website. Its right on the front page. So funny!

http://www.670thescore.com/
Here's a more direct link:

http://www.670thescore.com/includes/news_items/news_items_more.php?section_id=1&id=502

I downloaded all 4 parts, but won't get a chance to listen until after work. Should be hilarious!

TDog
10-21-2005, 12:11 PM
... Ozzie ... went on to say that he speaks better English than North. ...

When Ozzie Guillen and Joey Cora were coming in the San Diego system, the Padres hired an English-as-a-second-language instructor to work with the non-English speakers at the Yuma, Ariz., spring training camp. I knew the man when I lived there.

I think he could do Mike North some good.

MillerSoxFan
10-21-2005, 12:53 PM
I haven't listened to this yet, but if Ozzie puts that blowhard in his place, it must be great. Did anyone notice on North's show Monday morning, all he could talk about were his idiotic opinions about the Sox. He couldn't just celebrate like the rest of us. It's impossible to listen to his show for more than 3 minutes. Unfortunately the only alternative is the Eastern Seaboard Sports Network.

VivaOzzie
10-21-2005, 02:10 PM
I heard it while it was going on. Ozzie lit him up for about 30 min., and North was pretty much like, "Hey, easy Ozzie, at least I'm not Mariotti. Please don't hurt me! I was wrong, I was wrong!" Ozzie also indirectly lit Mariotti up. Great stuff, Ozzie is the freakin man!!

One quote I remember, North asked him, "So you never get hangovers?" To which Ozzie replied, "Oh yeah, every day. At my house." He was also talking about how he's the best looking manager in the league. Hilarious!!

credefan24
10-21-2005, 02:15 PM
I heard the reply this morning, so funny!!!

I LOVE OZZIE!

HoosierHerb
10-21-2005, 02:17 PM
One quote I remember, North asked him, "So you never get hangovers?" To which Ozzie replied, "Oh yeah, every day. At my house." He was also talking about how he's the best looking manager in the league. Hilarious!![/QUOTE]

Best looking and best dressed. I was in tears listening to this at work. Ozzie ripped North and then Mariotti. How is Ozzie going to top himself in all the World Series appearances to come??

antitwins13
10-21-2005, 03:15 PM
How dare Ozzie criticize our future radio play by play guy!?!?!

kninchicago
10-21-2005, 08:11 PM
Thank you repeatedly for posting this link. Within about 15 seconds of this starting I was dying laughing!

JohnBasedowYoda
10-21-2005, 08:21 PM
ozzie...the new "da coach"?

how do you say manager in spanish?

Realist
10-21-2005, 08:24 PM
Ozzie!! Ozzie!! Ozzie!!

Realist
10-21-2005, 08:28 PM
Ozzie to North: "You're gonna see a Mexican win this thing."

:rolling:

Erik The Red
10-21-2005, 08:30 PM
how do you say manager in spanish?
mánager

Chips
10-21-2005, 08:38 PM
Is there another way to download this all at once, my damn player buffers the talk after every 10 seconds or so?

VivaOzzie
10-21-2005, 08:42 PM
Thanks for the link! All 4 parts are now downloaded and on my iPod, for whenever I need a good laugh at work!

Is there another way to download this all at once, my damn player buffers the talk after every 10 seconds or so?

I just right-clicked, save target as...

batmanZoSo
10-21-2005, 09:03 PM
mánager

How do you say general manager? :cool:

Jurr
10-21-2005, 09:18 PM
That is some funny crap. I love that he's wanting to "get in Mariotti's ass"!!!

:bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance: Four more, Ozz!!!

Vernam
10-21-2005, 09:22 PM
That is some funny crap. I love that he's wanting to "get in Mariotti's ass"!!! :bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance: Four more, Ozz!!!That was choice stuff! Ozzie tried to bring up Mariotti three or four times but kept getting interrupted by North. Oz finally worked it in, though. :roflmao:

North kept trying to get him on-record about Freddy's partying habits, but Ozzie never quite took the bait.

Vernam

hose
10-22-2005, 11:02 AM
I don't know if teal is correct.:o:

Boy do I despise this tool.

:ass

"First I want to congratulate you for being the first Mexican to manage a WS team."

"Ozzie I think have to call you out on this, I think you are playing the race card by keeping McCarthy off the playoff roster, and how does a colored guy like Kenny come up with a Chinaman for second base?"

Mike North is the biggest embarrassment to ever hit the Chicago airwaves.:angry: :angry:

Wsoxmike59
10-22-2005, 11:35 AM
I don't know if teal is correct.:o:

Boy do I despise this tool.

:ass

"First I want to congratulate you for being the first Mexican to manage a WS team."

"Ozzie I think have to call you out on this, I think you are playing the race card by keeping McCarthy off the playoff roster, and how does a colored guy like Kenny come up with a Chinaman for second base?"

Mike North is the biggest embarrassment to ever hit the Chicago airwaves.:angry: :angry:

Did Mike North really say this?? If he did, he is the BIGGEST Ignoramus on the subject of baseball in the whole entire media. This guy should be taken out back and given a big "ass whupping" by Sox fans everywhere!!! :angry:

Props to Ozzie for saying he speaks better english than Mike North....then again probably so does Liciorice. <Woof! Woof!!>