PDA

View Full Version : My ongoing stiffie about the Sox and payroll (10 months long and counting)

Hangar18
10-21-2005, 08:47 AM
I got to thinking about this when thinking about who may be the teams MVP.

During the offseason, the SOX were desperately trying to get rid of all the high-priced players. Paul Konerko was one of the guys that KW tried very hard to move, but had no takers. Only after he exhausted all of his options, did he then try to move Carlos Lee and was successful. I shudder thinking what if Paulie were traded last winter?? We wouldnt have had the early season SPEED of Scott Podsednik, but had the bat of Carlos Lee ......... and while im a big fan of Caballo, Im not sure he wouldve carried the SOX like the way Konerko has. Unreal how "On" Paulie has been the last few weeks.

While its arguable that the pitching staff has been phenomenal, and that Scotty has given us a running game we havnt had since we got rid of Ray Durham, Would the SOX be in the World Series without Paul Konerko? Paul Konerko carried this team offensively the last couple months of the season, and was a SPARK during key games in the playoffs. Hes been on fire ................

Discuss ......

zach23
10-21-2005, 08:56 AM

During the offseason, the SOX were desperately trying to get rid of all the high-priced players. Paul Konerko was one of the guys that KW tried very hard to move, but had no takers. Only after he exhausted all of his options, did he then try to move Carlos Lee and was successful. I shudder thinking what if Paulie were traded last winter?? We wouldnt have had the early season SPEED of Scott Podsednik, but had the bat of Carlos Lee ......... and while im a big fan of Caballo, Im not sure he wouldve carried the SOX like the way Konerko has. Unreal how "On" Paulie has been the last few weeks.

While its arguable that the pitching staff has been phenomenal, and that Scotty has given us a running game we havnt had since we got rid of Ray Durham, Would the SOX be in the World Series without Paul Konerko? Paul Konerko carried this team offensively the last couple months of the season, and was a SPARK during key games in the playoffs. Hes been on fire ................

Discuss ......

Why keep beating around the bush? Just come out and discuss what you are trying to discuss for the one billonth time. You want to sit and gripe about the Sox being cheap yet again. Does that really matter to you so much right now?
Why not just be happy that the team they assembled reached the World Series? So would you rather they had spent like the Mets? How did they do after signing all the "high-priced players"?

Konerkoholic
10-21-2005, 08:58 AM
Holy crap!

Ol' No. 2
10-21-2005, 08:59 AM

Discuss ......:threadblows:
:threadsucks
:deadhorse:

Hangar18
10-21-2005, 09:01 AM
Why keep beating around the bush? Just come out and discuss what you are trying to discuss for the one billonth time. You want to sit and gripe about the Sox being cheap yet again. Does that really matter to you so much right now?
Why not just be happy that the team they assembled reached the World Series? So would you rather they had spent like the Mets? How did they do after signing all the "high-priced players"?

Ummmmmmmmmmm NO. Lee and Konerko. One of those two were going to get "traded". I think it was great luck that noone took Konerko. We then had to move Lee, but got Pods ......... Question was ......
Would we be here without Paulie? The way he carried us offensively, I think maybe not. I have to say .........Konerko is our MVP this season

zach23
10-21-2005, 09:04 AM
Ummmmmmmmmmm NO. Lee and Konerko. One of those two were going to get "traded". I think it was great luck that noone took Konerko. We then had to move Lee, but got Pods ......... Question was ......
Would we be here without Paulie? The way he carried us offensively, I think maybe not.

But he is here, so what does it matter? You spent all season bitching that Carlos Lee was gone because the Sox are cheap. Why not stop complaining for one week and enjoy the World Series?

whitesoxwilkes
10-21-2005, 09:04 AM
Would we be here without Paulie? The way he carried us offensively, I think maybe not. I have to say .........Konerko is our MVP this season

Keep beating the cheapness dead horse and you might find yourself banned for the World Series, Hangar. Watch it.

BeviBall!
10-21-2005, 09:05 AM
Show me another White Sox player that has hit big, hell, ANY meaningful home runs in the post season... and you have your answer. Not to mention the 40 - 100 he put up in the regular season.

PK is our MVP and should be rewarded.

Hangar18
10-21-2005, 09:08 AM
Show me another White Sox player that has hit big, hell, ANY meaningful home runs in the post season... and you have your answer. Not to mention the 40 - 100 he put up in the regular season.

And thats my point. As mad as I was that Lee was gone, PAULIE carried this team down the stretch ....... MVP

Baby Fisk
10-21-2005, 09:09 AM
Hangar, two months ago you were going into convulsions because Paulie was in a slump and our saviour Lee had been traded away. LET IT GO MAN!

zach23
10-21-2005, 09:10 AM
And thats my point. As mad as I was that Lee was gone, PAULIE carried this team down the stretch ....... MVP

Yeah, that was your point. :rolleyes:

samram
10-21-2005, 09:13 AM

I think Tadahito may have hit one, but that's just me.:D:

Hangar18
10-21-2005, 09:13 AM
Hangar, two months ago you were going into convulsions because Paulie was in a slump and our saviour Lee had been traded away. LET IT GO MAN!

So I cant admit that Paulie was a more important hitter than the other guy?
Im giving the guy props, admitting that the other player probably WOULDNT have carried us the way Paulie has.

zach23
10-21-2005, 09:17 AM
Im giving the guy props, admitting that the other player probably WOULDNT have carried us the way Paulie has.

Then why not just say that instead of having to add this?

"During the offseason, the SOX were desperately trying to get rid of all the high-priced players."

What was planned for your next post in this thread, another picture of JR with a caption in teal about how he is going to take care of Paulie?

samram
10-21-2005, 09:19 AM

You're kind of doing that. You're also saying the Sox are "lucky" their "cheapness" didn't come back to bite them.

BigKlu59
10-21-2005, 09:20 AM
Walnuts is the Man. He could have easily spit the bit and whined about having to carry this team,but instead has proven to KW and the organ-I-zation what a true gamer he is. I'm digging every minute of this. All we ever heard all year was
Papi,A-Rod,Sheffield,Manny blah blah blah........... Walnuts walks it like he talks it...Nuff said...Now if only Crazy Carl and JD get hot....:supernana:

BigKlu:

Rocky Soprano
10-21-2005, 09:23 AM
WORST.THREAD.EVER.

I take you didn't take your meds today...

Frater Perdurabo
10-21-2005, 09:27 AM
While I think Hangar may be allowing "dead horse beating" to influence his decision to post this thread in the way that he did, I also think the way we perceive Hangar pushes him to further become what we see him as.

Hangar has become a caricature of our perceptions of him. :D:

Anyway, even though I've been a notorious critic of PK, I'm celebrating his performance!

Paulie has shown me what he's made of.

He's been clutch for the past four months - when the Sox have most needed him. He also has said all the right things during that span and really has not committed a single verbal gaffe since the All Star break.

Almost single-handedly he carried the offense in August, and has stayed hot right through the playoffs.

Paulie deserves to be rewarded. The Sox should re-sign him. The profit from these six post-season games (but no more, we're sweeping! :redneck), AND the skyrocketing sales of 2006 season tickets, AND the increase in advertising and sponsorship revenues (corporations will pay premium rates to be associated with Chicago's only World Series team!) will give the Sox enough payroll to sign Paulie to a fair market contract, AND buy out and re-sign Frank Thomas to DH, AND give Garland, Pierzynski and Crede the raises they have earned, AND add a left-handed bat to play the outfield and DH.

elrod
10-21-2005, 09:28 AM
Here's the most impressive stat about Paulie this post-season:

Regular season OPS W/RISP

Post-season OPS/RISP
1.301 (12 AB)

He wasn't as terrible in the clutch as many people complained, but considering his position in the heart of the order, he was a little disappointing with runners in scoring position. We all feared the return of corpseball in the playoffs as Pods or Gooch would be left on base regularly. Oh how wrong those fears were. Has there been a more clutch hitter this post-season?

NB It's worth noting, however, that as good as Paulie has been w RISP, he's far from the best on the team this post-season. Other RISP studs, by OPS:
Uribe: 1.850 (4 AB)
AJ: 1.500 (6 AB)
Pods: 1.429 (6 AB)
Iguchi 1.089 (7 AB)
Crede: 1.069 (8 AB)

Even Everett, who is struggling overall, hit .857 W/RISP. The only ones laying an egg W/RISP are Rowand (.450 ugggh) and Dye (.671)

BTW, as a team, the White Sox are 1.081 OPS W/RISP. Opponents are .422. That is unbelievable.

My favorite stat so far this post-season: OPS W/RISP and 2 outs for the White Sox: 1.193
Opponents: .246

On the Astros side, it's all about Berkman W/RISP.

OPS W/RISP
Berkman: 1.625 (9 AB)
Ensberg: .978 (15 AB) Lots of ABs because people pitch around Berkman. Ensberg was better in the clutch this post-season than I thought.
Lane: .974 (7 AB)

And then it all falls into the toilet. The rest:
Burke: .650 (4 AB)
Taverez: .629 (5 AB)
Biggio: .508 (10 AB)
Ausmus: .443 (7 AB)
Lamb: .333 (4 AB)

As a team, the Astros' OPS W/RISP this post-season is .739, with opponents at .717.

CONCLUSION: The White Sox' clutch hitting is phenomenal this post-season so far. The White Sox' ability to prevent the other team from getting clutch hits is phenomenal so far this post-season.

Hangar18
10-21-2005, 09:28 AM
You're kind of doing that. You're also saying the Sox are "lucky" their "cheapness" didn't come back to bite them.

Sorry if everyone thinks that im putting in a dig at mgmt, in a way I am
BUT in a very big way, im giving KUDOS to Paulie Konerko. I havnt seen a guy get this hot, mean more to a team, and carry a team this far since.....
we FRANK THOMAS. Against John Lackey, Paulie took a Curve ball and hit it out. Next ab, Lackey went fastball and got him. Paulie adjusted and hit the fastball. After that, Lackey tried to go inside fastball, Paulie again adjusted and got another hit ............ That game to me was Huge.

I guarantee this topic will come up after we win .....
On the same lines, people will ask "what if we did trade Garland?" Could we have made it this far? probably not ............... Lets not make me the bad guy and look the other way, we tried to move him and got no takers. Best trade We Never made (along with the Garland trade) The only exception is it
was known everywhere that PK was almost traded, and in a way, we did luck out and made a better trade afterwards .......

TheOldRoman
10-21-2005, 09:29 AM

Discuss ......
Instead of this revisionist history, I choose to look at what if the Sox didn't get Jermaine Dye.
We would have lost several more games. We might not have won the division, and we would not be in teh world series. Hangar would be bitching even more than he is with his team on the brink of a world championship.:rolleyes:

spiffie
10-21-2005, 09:33 AM

:crede

Don't stop believin'

Baby Fisk
10-21-2005, 09:33 AM
Instead of this revisionist history, I choose to look at what if the Sox didn't get Jermaine Dye.
We would have lost several more games. We might not have won the division, and we would not be in teh world series. Hangar would be bitching even more than he is with his team on the brink of a world championship.:rolleyes:
Actually Jermaine Dye was Hangar's flavour-of-the-month back in April. linky (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=48352&highlight=jermaine+experiment)

Sorry Hangar, you make this too easy. Relax and enjoy the WORLD SERIES, man! :cheers:

Hangar18
10-21-2005, 09:35 AM
Actually Jermaine Dye was Hangar's flavour-of-the-month back in April. linky (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=48352&highlight=jermaine+experiment)

Sorry Hangar, you make this too easy. Relax and enjoy the WORLD SERIES, man! :cheers:

I re-broke out the KONERKO jersey in August ........:smile:

soxfan26
10-21-2005, 09:36 AM

Who cares since when do they give out MVP awards for a "team" MVP?

I shudder thinking what if Paulie were traded last winter?? We wouldnt have had the early season SPEED of Scott Podsednik, but had the bat of Carlos Lee .........

Yeah that makes me shudder too and what if the Sox had been moved to Tampa in 1989 then we would be watching the TB White Sox in the World Series! :o:

While its arguable that the pitching staff has been phenomenal...

Arguable? The "four horsemen" just put up the most dominating performace in decades, the pitching staff has been phenominal.

Would the SOX be in the World Series without Paul Konerko?

It just doesn't matter Hangar. THEY ARE IN THE WORLD SERIES. Try to enjoy it.

fquaye149
10-21-2005, 09:37 AM
Would SOX be here without Paulie?

When I saw this title all I could think was:

"Would SOX be here without Carlos Lee?"

build a bridge hangar. Get over it. We are in the world series. We wouldn't be here without any one of our starting nine or pitching. The way baseball works, this is the team it took to get to the world series this year.

Now we are here. Hopefully we wil win.

:rolleyes:

Rocky Soprano
10-21-2005, 09:37 AM
Who really gives a **** about who got traded or who might of been traded. The FACT is the SOX ARE IN THE WORLD SERIES.

To me that's all that matters and all we should be talking about.

Hangar admits to saying that he is kind of digging at the management, is there a SINGLE reason to bitch right now?

There are some that I really question if you are TRULY a Sox fan.

zach23
10-21-2005, 09:41 AM
It just doesn't matter Hangar. THEY ARE IN THE WORLD SERIES. Try to enjoy it.

Hanger is proud to be a Dark Cloud. He will not let a little thing like the World Series stop him finding the most microscopic things to complain about.

Hangar18
10-21-2005, 09:42 AM
Hanger is proud to be a Dark Cloud. He will not let a little thing like the World Series stop him finding the most microscopic things to complain about.

Cmon man .......... even Dark Clouds cried when we clinched

zach23
10-21-2005, 09:43 AM
Cmon man .......... even Dark Clouds cried when we clinched

Yes, and then they also stopped complaining about things. You appear to be the last one standing in that respect.

DenverSock
10-21-2005, 09:43 AM
Paul, according to Fox Sports, has a .444 lifetime batting average against Roger Clemens. At least we have him now.

Baby Fisk
10-21-2005, 09:49 AM
http://www.aklehr.com/skylineSouth-web.jpg

Dang, one more pesky cloud still up there.

TDog
10-21-2005, 11:04 AM
In the offseason the Sox were putting together a team that could -- in fact, did -- win the American League pennant.

Paul Konerko had a great season, although there were a lot of people down on him during the season. The Sox wouldn't be here if not for him, but he didn't carry the team. The Sox probably wouldn't be here without A.J. or Tad or the guy at third base with so many home runs that didn't count. The guy at shortstop upset a lot of Sox fans during the last six months, but does anyone miss Jose Valentin? None of the Sox position players were named to the Sporting News all-star team, but I'm not sure such a team playing in Chicago all season would have come this far.

What are you complaining about?

You're a Sox fan. You're in the World Series. Enjoy.

WSoxFanForever
10-21-2005, 11:12 AM
As a Brewers fan as well as Sox fan, I can tell you that CLee was as streaky as can be this year and didn't give the Brewers the playoffs. I don't even think he's a big reason they improved so much--it was the pitching. When Carlos is in a slump, he can't hit the side of a barn. I say let's celebrate the Sox of today and worry about yesterday and next year after the WS. I'm so excited that our guys are in the WS! Who cares about "what ifs?"

GOOOOOOOOOOOO SOXXXXXXXXXXXXX!!!

JB98
10-21-2005, 12:13 PM

Crede's HR off Escobar in the seventh inning of ALCS Game 5 was pretty big too. Maybe that's just me. :D:

As for Paulie, he did a pretty good Frank Thomas impersonation in the ALCS. Big first-inning HRs, gives us the lead, takes pressure off other hitters and our starting pitcher, etc. If Konerko has one more good week in him, we're going to be champions. Hopefully, Dye will get hot and help Konerko in the middle of the lineup. JD is due.

Fuller_Schettman
10-21-2005, 12:57 PM
No one loves Paulie more than I. It's true, you can look it up.

But our MVP this season is *opening envelope* JOSE CONTRERAS!!

WHAT??? A pitcher you say????

Yes. If Jose's record in August and September had been 1-9 instead of 9-1, we would not have even made the playoffs. He was the only starter pitching well enough to win and in fact was lights out. And he should have won ALCS Game 1 if our offense hadn't decided to take the night off.

And being the notorious thread killer that I am (it's true- you can look it up), I guess that will be all.

Thank you for watching...

daveeym
10-21-2005, 01:44 PM
http://www.aklehr.com/skylineSouth-web.jpg

Dang, one more pesky cloud still up there. Yeah but it's not dark and if you look closely i think you can see the word SOX in it. S in blue and OX in the white of the cloud.

Palehose13
10-21-2005, 01:50 PM
Paul has come up big at times in the playoffs, but so have other guys. It's unfortunate that the pitchers are getting overlooked. IMO, shutting down those offenses weren't easy.

btw...Am I the only one that think 100 RBI's is an awfully low total for a guy that hit 40 HR's. Paul's a nice 1st baseman, but IMO he's not the guy I want up there with the game on the line.

Hangar18
10-21-2005, 02:00 PM
Yeah but it's not dark and if you look closely i think you can see the word SOX in it. S in blue and OX in the white of the cloud.

WHOAH !!!!!!!!!!!! I do see that !!!!!!!!! That is crazy!

Hangar18
10-21-2005, 02:01 PM
No one loves Paulie more than I. It's true, you can look it up.

But our MVP this season is *opening envelope* JOSE CONTRERAS!!

WHAT??? A pitcher you say????

Yes. If Jose's record in August and September had been 1-9 instead of 9-1, we would not have even made the playoffs. He was the only starter pitching well enough to win and in fact was lights out. And he should have won ALCS Game 1 if our offense hadn't decided to take the night off.

And being the notorious thread killer that I am (it's true- you can look it up), I guess that will be all.

Thank you for watching...

Excellent Point ............... If Jose wins 4 less games, were watching on tv

maurice
10-21-2005, 03:59 PM
Am I the only one that think 100 RBI's is an awfully low total for a guy that hit 40 HR's.

No, you're not.

---

"Play some ****ing Journey!"

Palehose13
10-21-2005, 04:04 PM
No, you're not.

Whew! Thanks. I was getting worried.

DaleJRFan
10-21-2005, 04:11 PM
Paulie's father thinks he'll test free agency.. says "hometown discount" is gone...

"The Konerko family gained a new member this week, but the White Sox family may be in danger of losing a Konerko this off-season."

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-051020seriesbits,1,193508.story?coll=cs-home-headlines

Banix12
10-21-2005, 04:38 PM
Paulie's father thinks he'll test free agency.. says "hometown discount" is gone...

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-051020seriesbits,1,193508.story?coll=cs-home-headlines

Even if he does test free agency and there is no hometown discount, I don't blame the White Sox for not giving him a new contract before the season. This whole year was just to prove that last year wasn't a fluke and that 2003 was a fluke. Now he has proven he can be consistant and deserves a new contract, don't know if he did before the year. Though certainly he would have been cheaper.

Harry Chappas
10-21-2005, 04:44 PM
Out of curiosity, have any of the Paulie bashers from early/mid-season stepped forward with a mea culpa? Maybe they have and I missed it. It doesn't really matter and I'm not much for 'I told you sos' but I was just curious. Personally, I was hard on Joe Crede, not so much on this board, but among my friends. Crow never tasted so good!

Rocky Soprano
10-21-2005, 04:48 PM
Whew! Thanks. I was getting worried.

Me too, me too! :D:

100 RBI is LOW!

Palehose13
10-21-2005, 04:49 PM
Out of curiosity, have any of the Paulie bashers from early/mid-season stepped forward with a mea culpa? Maybe they have and I missed it. It doesn't really matter and I'm not much for 'I told you sos' but I was just curious. Personally, I was hard of Joe Crede, not so much on this board, but among my friends. Crow never tasted so good!

Not me. I still don't think he's MVP of the team, or even of the ALCS.

samram
10-21-2005, 04:56 PM
Not me. I still don't think he's MVP of the team, or even of the ALCS.

My opinion of PK has improved slightly due to his performance of late, but I still don't think the team should necessarily break the bank to bring him back. The experience of trading (or as it would be in PK's case, shedding) salary to add several solid contributors is a lesson the Sox will keep in mind if PK is demanding twelve or thirteen million per season.

That said, I hope he plays well-enough for the next nine days that he can demand that type of payday. :smile:

Harry Chappas
10-21-2005, 05:03 PM
My opinion of PK has improved slightly due to his performance of late, but I still don't think the team should necessarily break the bank to bring him back. The experience of trading (or as it would be in PK's case, shedding) salary to add several solid contributors is a lesson the Sox will keep in mind if PK is demanding twelve or thirteen million per season.

That said, I hope he plays well-enough for the next nine days that he can demand that type of payday. :smile:

Fair enough. I actually agree with not breaking the bank at the expense of our pitching staff. I also agree that PK was not the ALCS MVP. That honor belongs to JC (Crede that is...), hence my delicious plate of crow...

Tragg
10-21-2005, 05:07 PM
I have always thought PK was a very good player; still think so and am thrilled he's playing like a super star now.
Not sure that "very good" players are worth the kind of money he'll get in free agency, however.

That said, I sure as hell don;t want to replace him with a mark grace type hitter. First base is a power position.

maurice
10-21-2005, 05:11 PM
I still don't think he's MVP of the of the team, or even of the ALCS.

Konerko's biggest backer (Ozzie) doesn't think he's the team MVP, and he clearly didn't deserve the MVP of the ALCS. Even Konerko admitted that the starting pitchers were the MVPs. Crede had essentially the same numbers but batted about 100 points higher and was extremely clutch. OTOH, it was a very pleasant surprise to see Konerko hit the ball to RF and say all the right things for one series. If I knew for a fact that he'd do that for the next 4 years or so, I'd be glad to have him back -- if JR increases the payroll enough that KW still will be able to add an even better #3 hitter. (It's always been a cost-benefit thing for me.) Apparently, Konerko's big-mouthed old man thinks he will demand and get 5 years at $13 mil. / year. If he's right, I don't see JR / KW pulling the trigger.

---

"Play some ****ing Journey!"

jabrch
10-21-2005, 06:03 PM
I am still willing to bet that if we win it in 5, there will be a few people bitching about how we were too cheap to go out and get Manny Ramirez otherwise we'd have won it in 4.

FielderJones
10-21-2005, 06:38 PM
Apparently, Konerko's big-mouthed old man thinks he will demand and get 5 years at $13 mil. / year. If he's right, I don't see JR / KW pulling the trigger.

Well, now we know where Paulie gets it from.

PaulDrake
10-21-2005, 09:29 PM

I think I can give you some competition at that.

donjuansw
10-21-2005, 09:41 PM
The simple fact is that we're not going to be in the playoffs next year because our ownership isn't going to fork up any money to keep most of these guys (especially Paulie) around after this year.

Reinsdorf has been saying for years that if the fans come back then he will spend on getting good players. It's time to call him out on it. It's almost damn sure that attendance will double or triple next season, yet I bet that he keeps up his pathetically cheap spending...

It's time we call him out on it!

FarWestChicago
10-21-2005, 09:57 PM
The simple fact is that we're not going to be in the playoffs next year because our ownership isn't going to fork up any money to keep most of these guys (especially Paulie) around after this year.

Reinsdorf has been saying for years that if the fans come back then he will spend on getting good players. It's time to call him out on it. It's almost damn sure that attendance will double or triple next season, yet I bet that he keeps up his pathetically cheap spending...

It's time we call him out on it!Very bad first post:

:dumbass:

TheOldRoman
10-21-2005, 10:11 PM
Very bad first post:

:dumbass:
HAHA, you mods are sure getting your money's worth out of the Dumbass tag lately.:D:

fquaye149
10-21-2005, 10:29 PM
Out of curiosity, have any of the Paulie bashers from early/mid-season stepped forward with a mea culpa? Maybe they have and I missed it. It doesn't really matter and I'm not much for 'I told you sos' but I was just curious. Personally, I was hard on Joe Crede, not so much on this board, but among my friends. Crow never tasted so good!
you can search for a thread i started after game 3 called "Paulie I'm sorry" or something along those lines.

Along with Frater, I have probably been as hard as anyone on Paulie throughout the low points - verbal diarrheas and slumps - this season. Enough so that Mary Swiss and DaveEym among others were seriously questioning my sanity. Obviously I was a little too hard on Paulie with my Rob Deer comparisons (I was only 1/3 serious, even at my most annoyed) but what PH13 says is true - He puts up the showcase numbers, plays a real solid first base (3-6-3, right PHG?) and has been pretty big for us down this stretch, but there are other players out there, pitchers especially who are being overlooked.

ALCS MVP? He deserves it, but you could make a very solid case for Crede, whose numbers were almost identical to Paul's, or any one of our starting pitchers.

I'm glad Paul's on the team, something I was wrong about earlier in the year...but I'm not going to be quick to pin too much of our success on his back.

Ol' No. 2
10-21-2005, 10:31 PM

It's time we call him out on it!Attendance is going to double or triple? Wow. I guess they better put those 8 rows back in the UD. :rolleyes:

voodoochile
10-21-2005, 10:36 PM
Attendance is going to double or triple? Wow. I guess they better put those 8 rows back in the UD. :rolleyes:

Won't that be a record? I mean if the Sox draw 4.6-6.9M fans next season it's going to raise a few eyebrows...

ChiWhiteSox1337
10-21-2005, 10:37 PM
Won't that be a record? I mean if the Sox draw 4.6-6.9M fans next season it's going to raise a few eyebrows...
:o: That's a big number. Is the new stadium going to be ready for opening day of the 2006 season?

voodoochile
10-21-2005, 10:42 PM
:o: That's a big number. Is the new stadium going to be ready for opening day of the 2006 season?

They are going to need a second stadium when attendance starts to approach the higher end. Of course they could just play games in SF, but some of the HR are going to be awfully cheap. I mean you think USCF is hitter friendly, seat to seat across the field at the 50 is like 200 feet or something. Heck, the deepest part of the park would be probably in the area of 390...

CLR01
10-21-2005, 10:57 PM
You guys are way off. Tickets next year will only be good for 3 innings. I over heard KW talking about this today on his cell phone. I would hate to bew the sucker stuck with the 7-9 inning ticket. No beer or food. :o:

TheOldRoman
10-21-2005, 11:04 PM
Don't laughed. You are going to be pretty pissed when you go to games next year and have to fight your way through 50,000 Standing Room Only people lurking on the concourse.:D:

PaleHoseGeorge
10-21-2005, 11:08 PM
Don't laughed. You are going to be pretty pissed when you go to games next year and have to fight your way through 50,000 Standing Room Only people lurking on the concourse.

Hey, what about the 200,000 from the upper deck all trying to sneak downstairs with Pepsi bribes for the ushers?

:wink:

SOXintheBURGH
10-21-2005, 11:15 PM
Hey, what about the 200,000 from the upper deck all trying to sneak downstairs with Pepsi bribes for the ushers?

:wink:

I believe, as the story unfolded, the bribe was for a Coke. :redneck

fquaye149
10-21-2005, 11:29 PM

uh oh VC, tread carefully!

Flight #24
10-21-2005, 11:45 PM
I heard the sales for UC tickets to away WS games are going so well that they're going to start doing that for every home game.......

:dollarbill:
"Now just take 'em off TV and you'd have something there!"

PaleHoseGeorge
10-22-2005, 07:20 AM
I believe, as the story unfolded, the bribe was for a Coke. :redneck

Wow. 200,000 Coke bribes for the ushers? They'll all be fat and diabetic by next fall.

:redneck :redneck

Malgar 12
10-22-2005, 07:58 AM

Not to mention AJ's that got the ball rolling! You could argue that was the biggest one of them all.