PDA

View Full Version : Now begins the Giles trade rumors?

CerberusWG
12-12-2001, 07:06 PM
Ok, what's your predictions.

Maybe

C Lee
Garland because he's being shopped I think
Minor League Bums

for

Giles

Paulwny
12-12-2001, 07:11 PM
Pitt will want Lee, Buehrle, 2 minor leag. and a player to be named later.

CerberusWG
12-12-2001, 07:14 PM
Why not just ask for the entire AAA system?

bringbackrobin
12-12-2001, 07:16 PM
A lot hinges on whether Giles could adequately play center field. A Lee, Giles, Ordonez outfield wouldn't get to a lot of balls, but it sure would produce some runs.

WinningUgly!
12-13-2001, 04:26 AM
I'd offer...
Lee, Wells, Glover, Leifer & a minor leaguer
...for...
Giles & Ritchie.

I don't think Pit would go for it though.

Pete Ward
12-13-2001, 09:55 AM
This is more in line.....

I'd offer...
Lee, , Garland, Glover, Leifer, Rausch(sp?)
...for...
Giles & Ritchie.

Kilroy
12-13-2001, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by Pete Ward
This is more in line.....

I'd offer...
Lee, , Garland, Glover, Leifer, Rausch(sp?)
...for...
Giles & Ritchie.

That's way too much to gve up for Giles. I'd give Lee, Leifer, and Wells or maybe some similar variation, but Rauch, Glover and Garland are not on my trading block at all.

Pete Ward
12-13-2001, 10:07 AM
Thats because your a Sox fan, look at it from Pitt's view. I go it you want it....Pay me.

harwar
12-13-2001, 10:10 AM
Giles is the type of player you build around,so he ain't gonna come cheap.Garland,Wells,lee,&more.I just hope K.W. doesn't panic and give away the store because he wants to make a move so bad.I'm worried about giving up Garland(the next kevin brown?).Also,Giles is more of a left fielder than center,especially with his average throwing arm.

Tragg
12-13-2001, 10:11 AM
I'd still like to see one of those minor league deals like the mariners and padres just did.

Our minor league pitchers for their excess minor league ss and/or centerfielder.

The problem is we don't have that much PROVEN pitching. We have a lot of potential pitching. I had to use the little that is proven or that is close to being proven.

Randar68
12-13-2001, 03:27 PM
Giles is the type of player you build around,so he ain't gonna come cheap.Garland,Wells,lee,&more.I just hope K.W. doesn't panic and give away the store because he wants to make a move so bad.I'm worried about giving up Garland(the next kevin brown?).Also,Giles is more of a left fielder than center,especially with his average throwing arm.

Couple points here:

1) Borchard will be a better and more mobile CF'er than Giles could be.
2) Thinking Giles will be our CF'er would be a mistake
3) Trading Garland, Rauch, or Malone at this point would be a huge mistake. I would much rather deal from the pool of Ulacia, Ginter, Wright, Glover, Biddle, etc...
4) I hate to give up Lee, but Lee + Glover/Wright/Ulacia+a Rowand or Simmons would be worth it. Look at his OBP, not to mention the rest of his offensive numbers. Having him in a lineup with Maggs and Frank would be absolutely awesome!