PDA

View Full Version : More Tickets Available?

litex_ole
10-21-2005, 08:38 AM
has anyone heard anything? a friend of mine told me that all the tickets that have been bought with credit cards that got declined will be re-released sometime tomorrow. In other words, if you bought a ticket and your card bounced, you're f***ed.

anewman35
10-21-2005, 08:40 AM
has anyone heard anything? a friend of mine told me that all the tickets that have been bought with credit cards that got declined will be re-released sometime tomorrow. In other words, if you bought a ticket and your card bounced, you're f***ed.

Some probably will. But nobody knows when or how many, because the White Sox are never going to announce that information.

downstairs
10-21-2005, 08:51 AM
I am also not 100% positive... but I believe the only thing left to be available are tickets not picked up via will-call. (You had the option of will call vs. emailing your ticket).

Now... you have to consider... how many people actually did will call when they could have had the tickets emailed? And, I would imagine, the only ones that did are people that were dead positive they could pick them up.

In terms of CC declines, I believe those are processed within minutes or hours, and get re-released immediately. I was able to get 2 tix for Game 1 on the site about 15 minutes after everyone else was getting a "sold out"... I am sure someone got declined, and I got lucky.

So the end result is I'll bet there are all of 10-20... maybe 100 tickets?

SouthSoxFan
10-21-2005, 10:20 AM
which will be conveniently distributed by the ticket office to people of their choice, I'm sure

BeefyD
10-21-2005, 10:29 AM
Actually, I know someone who works for Ticketmaster (and not just in a box office), and anybody caught buying tickets for the WS would be instantly terminated.

Unfortunately, that meant my "way in" was taken away from me. :D:

mjharrison72
10-21-2005, 10:46 AM
I am also not 100% positive... but I believe the only thing left to be available are tickets not picked up via will-call. (You had the option of will call vs. emailing your ticket).

Now... you have to consider... how many people actually did will call when they could have had the tickets emailed? And, I would imagine, the only ones that did are people that were dead positive they could pick them up.

In terms of CC declines, I believe those are processed within minutes or hours, and get re-released immediately. I was able to get 2 tix for Game 1 on the site about 15 minutes after everyone else was getting a "sold out"... I am sure someone got declined, and I got lucky.

So the end result is I'll bet there are all of 10-20... maybe 100 tickets?
If ticket brokers were smart, they took the actual "hard" tickets rather than than the print-at-home TicketFast, so there actually might be quite a few will-call. Of course, if my theory is true, these vultures won't forget to pick up their tickets, either. I'm guessing the number of tickets that *might* go on sale is in the hundreds.

clogoodie
10-21-2005, 10:52 AM
So the question is...if there are indeed will-call tickets that are not picked up and then re-released to the public...will they show up on the ticketmaster website at 9:01 pm tonight? Will they just keep them at the box office and sell them to you in person at 9:01 tonight? Or 9:01 saturday morning?

rocky biddle
10-21-2005, 11:07 AM
Aren't there people that signed up for the full season ticket promotion that might no get WS tickets? I'd hope they'd get first shot at any tickets that get re-released. But I guess no matter what the front office says, I'm sure there's gonna be a ton of people hanging around the box office tomorrow morning (and probably overnight tonight) just in case.

Unregistered
10-21-2005, 11:10 AM
Actually, I know someone who works for Ticketmaster (and not just in a box office), and anybody caught buying tickets for the WS would be instantly terminated.
You don't say...

So where's that kid who was bragging in the other thread that his dad works for Ticketmaster and scored them some great seats? :o: :smile:

Tekijawa
10-21-2005, 11:21 AM
You don't say...

So where's that kid who was bragging in the other thread that his dad works for Ticketmaster and scored them some great seats? :o: :smile:

Waiting in line with his dad at the Unemployment office...:redneck

BeefyD
10-21-2005, 11:30 AM
:rolling:

BainesHOF
10-21-2005, 11:38 AM
With the security bubble around the park which will require you to show a ticket to get within a block of the park on game day, waiting at the box office is not an option.

chisoxfanatic
10-21-2005, 11:42 AM
With the security bubble around the park which will require you to show a ticket to get within a block of the park on game day, waiting at the box office is not an option.

9 am is not within 4 hours of game time.

ajtokarz
10-21-2005, 11:45 AM

Waiting is not an option true, but getting there when the BO opens, and then seeing if its a go or no go is.

Chicken Dinner
10-21-2005, 11:47 AM
Aren't there people that signed up for the full season ticket promotion that might no get WS tickets? I'd hope they'd get first shot at any tickets that get re-released. But I guess no matter what the front office says, I'm sure there's gonna be a ton of people hanging around the box office tomorrow morning (and probably overnight tonight) just in case.

This is absolutely correct. The people that bought season tickets for next year will be the first to get any tickets that become available.

Ol' No. 2
10-21-2005, 12:11 PM
You don't say...

So where's that kid who was bragging in the other thread that his dad works for Ticketmaster and scored them some great seats? :o: :smile:I believe MLB gave something like 1200 tickets to Ticketmaster to distribute, just as they do to Pepsi, Budweiser and countless other business partners. My guess is that only the higher-ups ever saw them.

UofCSoxFan
10-21-2005, 08:52 PM
Any word yet on what is happening to the unclaimed tickets as of 9 pm?

mattcoz
10-21-2005, 09:11 PM
Unclaimed tickets do go back on sale, but I got nothing by going online. Might be available at the box office tomorrow.

dickallen15
10-21-2005, 09:17 PM
Realistically, how many tickets are going to go unclaimed? Very very few if any. I'm sure most people who aren't going to make it will have their tickets switched to ticketfast.

mattcoz
10-21-2005, 09:19 PM
Worth taking a shot.

UofCSoxFan
10-21-2005, 09:20 PM
Think of it this way....I'm a ticket broker....I have the option of trying to sell tickets for 800 bucks a pop......if I don't sell them in time it may be less costly for me (when you factor in effort of getting the seats) to simply let the seats go unclaimed.

It doesn't take many if there aren't many people thinking they will be rereleased.

Chicago
10-21-2005, 09:20 PM
I've been calling ticketmaster and the box office and they both keep saying the other is going to be the one selling the tickets... and just now on the news they said...TICKETS ARE NOT GOING TO BE SOLD AT THE BOX OFFICE... they also siad that there are about 20 people already out there waiting and that there have been announcement over the speakers that tickets will not be sold.

mattcoz
10-21-2005, 10:05 PM
Well you can't even search for tickets online anymore, so who knows how they're selling them. If the people who bought season tickets get them I'll be happy with that, they deserve them.

ChiWhiteSox1337
10-21-2005, 10:07 PM
I've been checking Ticketmaster on and off in the past hour and it's been a bit weird. It would let me search for only 1 ticket and then it would allow me to search for 4 tickets but of course nothing would come up. It was weird to see it change like that though.

South Side
10-21-2005, 10:10 PM
So is it worth it to go up there tomorrow?

whitesoxwilkes
10-21-2005, 10:11 PM
I emailed a friend of mine in the front office a bit ago.

Said friend told me that less than 20 tickets ended up unclaimed, and they will be distributed within the organization--to players and staff.

The box office IS NOT open and it WILL NOT be open tomorrow. There are no tickets for sale.

Sorry folks.

BeefyD
10-21-2005, 10:11 PM
Naw, unfortunately at 1pm yesterday it let me pick 4 tickets, and same with today about 3pm. Obviously, nothing was available for any amount.

But geez if my heart didn't start racing!!!

mike squires
10-21-2005, 10:17 PM

Said friend told me that less than 20 tickets ended up unclaimed, and they will be distributed within the organization--to players and staff.

The box office IS NOT open and it WILL NOT be open tomorrow. There are no tickets for sale.

Sorry folks.

No really, will there be tickets available?:redneck

Cellview22
10-21-2005, 10:30 PM
He just said, there will be no tickets available!! :redneck :D:

dcb33
10-21-2005, 11:14 PM
He just said, there will be no tickets available!! :redneck :D:

So does that mean I shouldn't go to the Cell tomorrow morning at 10 hoping for tickets to be released? :redneck

itsnotrequired
10-21-2005, 11:39 PM

Sorry folks.

Sounds like a conspiracy for whitesoxwilkes to get all the tickets!:wink:

CHISOXFAN13
10-22-2005, 12:39 AM
Sucks to be those people sitting outside the windows right now.

Chicago
10-22-2005, 02:56 AM
I was almost one of those people...now i'm just one of you people... :whiner:

shoota II
10-22-2005, 10:43 AM
I just got back from the ticket windows. There were a few hundred people hoping to get tickets. Unfortunately I didn't see this thread last night and was one of those who went. Fortunately I strolled up a little after 9 and didn't waste much time. At around 9:40, a man's weak, unconfident voice came over the intercom and said no tickets are available for today's game or any other World Series game.