PDA

View Full Version : Thank you, Brooks Boyer

CubsfansareDRUNK
10-21-2005, 08:47 AM
The day sox world series tickets came out, my dad ordered an 81-season ticket package for next year at about 8:30 in the morning obviously to get world series tickets. I thought this was a good idea as opposed to trying to call/get the tickets online. Later in the day, at about 3:00 pm i called my to see if he got the tickets. He said "I havent heard anything yet". I was a little upset because i thought they would get him the tickets immediatley. I guess i had my hopes up too much so i decided to take some action. Despite the cliche emailing of brooks, i told him that it would be awsome to get the season tickets because my dad and I have been life long sox fans and would hate to miss out ect... After that he responded by asking who our ticket broker was. After i emailed him saying nobody called us or anything and when my dad called the white sox he got a voice recording, brooks apparantley didnt get my second email. I responded with the story part II.

That night at about 7:30 PM we recieved a call from the white sox. It was a dude named Brad calling about the season tickets and that he could "hook us up" for world series and season tickets. I told him i was pumped and after a few negociations with my dad, We got the tickets. I'M GOING TO GAME 1!!!!
Do you guys realize how awsome that is? My dad split the season tickets with some friends and family so everything worked out. Weather or not the email affected it, i still considered myself to be the luckiest guy on the planet :bandance:

oeo
10-21-2005, 08:55 AM
Sweet, congratulations.

Why do you post with two names?

Sox PA
10-21-2005, 09:30 AM
What a truly White Sox Fan post. I am very happy that you are going. And especially with your Dad, for all of those that don't have that as an option.

Even though there will be alot of pretty people at the game (not REAL Sox fans), I feel confident that there will be HUGE amounts of Sox fans that will be there having the time of their life. Sox fans that are going to the poor house right along with my family. Can't think of a better reason!

Baby Fisk
10-21-2005, 09:39 AM
Congrats dude. HAVE A BLAST AND GO GO SOX! :thumbsup:

Soxzilla
10-21-2005, 09:53 AM
Bastard. My brother ordered season tickets at 8am that day as well (the 81 game plan), and we still haven't gotten our phone call.

We've been life long sox fans too.

Have fun.:gulp:

SpringfldFan
10-21-2005, 11:24 AM
With all that is going on now and as hectic as it must be, Brooks is still finding the time to personally respond to the fans. Wow.

SFF

kevingrt
10-21-2005, 12:02 PM
Don't get you get tickets to every game if you have a full season ticket plan.

PatK
10-21-2005, 12:09 PM
I've got a co-worker who is one of the guys that bought tickets but didn't get World Series tickets.

However, I don't feel too bad for him, since I'm pretty sure he's really just a Cubs fan jumping on the wagon.

itsnotrequired
10-21-2005, 12:36 PM
The day sox world series tickets came out, my dad ordered an 81-season ticket package...

81 seasons! Mercy!:redneck

CubsfansareDRUNK
10-21-2005, 03:32 PM
Yoo no whutuh eye meean

mweflen
10-21-2005, 04:02 PM
CFAD - very similar to my story, except no Brooks, just our season rep. But the Sox came through for us.

I just wish they had come through for fans without the resources to do an 81-game package - by creating a lottery for tickets that would have given people a better chance at the 2-4k remaining tix for each game.

So going to the games for me will be a little bittersweet - I hate it that so many people will be corporate schmoes who MLB gave tickets, and hoity-toity types who could afford broker gouging.:(:

I'll try to cheer extra loud for the true fans. :party:

LuvSox
10-22-2005, 01:36 AM
I just wish they had come through for fans without the resources to do an 81-game package - by creating a lottery for tickets that would have given people a better chance at the 2-4k remaining tix for each game.

So going to the games for me will be a little bittersweet - I hate it that so many people will be corporate schmoes who MLB gave tickets, and hoity-toity types who could afford broker gouging.:(:

I'll try to cheer extra loud for the true fans. :party:

You're a great Sox fan. Great post.

ChiWhiteSox1337
10-22-2005, 02:15 AM
That's an awesome story, CFAD. Cherish it, as there's nothing better in the world than watching the Sox with your father. This is my first full season without my dad(I'm 17), and it is also already one of the greatest seasons in franchise history. My dad was an even bigger White Sox nut than I(the last thing we ever did together was watch the Sox game), and I could only imagine what it would be like to be at a World series game with him. I'm happy knowing that he's up there enjoying it like the rest of us.

Cat Thief
10-22-2005, 02:23 AM
Brooks is a class act. No doubt about it. Notre Dame is full of em.