PDA

View Full Version : Sox against Clemens...

OzzieBall2004
10-21-2005, 01:30 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlbpa/players/3340/batvspit?year=career&type=Pitching

Interesting splits against Clemens.....

Crede, Konerko, Pods, and Dye have all hit him well.....

I was worried about game 1, but I feel better now....

It's also comical to see his numbers facing Kittle, Baines, and other former Sox players....

antitwins13
10-21-2005, 01:51 AM
He'll get rocked, don't worry about it.

patbooyah
10-21-2005, 03:44 AM
a.j. is more than due...

Banix12
10-21-2005, 04:06 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlbpa/players/3340/batvspit?year=career&type=Pitching

Interesting splits against Clemens.....

Crede, Konerko, Pods, and Dye have all hit him well.....

I was worried about game 1, but I feel better now....

It's also comical to see his numbers facing Kittle, Baines, and other former Sox players....

It's certainly encouraging, the only thing is for most of those guys it has been awhile since they have seen him, two years at least, and I think most of Crede's and Konerko's HR's came in one game, a blowout of the yankees in 2003. I think it was the series where Cotts made that start in game 3 after the sox won first two games.

Realist
10-21-2005, 05:10 AM
The American League is stronger than the National League.
The American League Central has the strongest pitching division in the American League.
The White Sox have found a way to, for the most part, beat the American League Central's pitching all year long.
The Angels are the only team in the American League that had pitching in the same class as the American League Central.
The White Sox experience at beating American League Central pitching all year long gave them both the confidence and the experience to overcome the brilliance of the Angels' pitching.
The baseball world quite well may be in for a lesson and adjustment as to what it defines as "great pitching".
-Save This Post-

Realist
10-21-2005, 05:17 AM
[One game at a time. Go Sox!]

cleanwsox
10-21-2005, 08:55 AM
Wow, weird to see Harold Baines has the most at-bats vs. Clemens with 105. :o: Hopefully Harold can give some pointers since he did hit over .300 in those 100 at bats.

34 Inch Stick
10-21-2005, 10:06 AM
Clemens has not been nearly as good during the post season over his career. I have supreme confidence that the Sox will score more than 5 runs on him.

IspepAloc
10-21-2005, 10:07 AM
Luzinski is batting .400 against him. Bring him out of retirement

house215
10-21-2005, 10:10 AM
Luzinski is batting .400 against him. Bring him out of retirement

MY EYES!!! THEY ARE BURNING!!!

FJA
10-21-2005, 10:15 AM
Did anyone else notice Jose Canseco struck out 25 times in 61 at bats! :o:

Kittle for his part struck out 10 times in 14 at bats, Pasqua 21 in 54 and the Commander 16 in 49.

In other news, Pierzynski doesn't hit Clemens too well, but if someone can find Spanky LaValliere and his 3 for 6 lifetime against Clemens to pinch hit and catch a few late innings, we'll be in great shape. :D:

1951Campbell
10-21-2005, 10:21 AM
Clemens has not been nearly as good during the post season over his career. I have supreme confidence that the Sox will score more than 5 runs on him.

I'm hoping AJ will do something to set off Roger's short fuse.

PaulDrake
10-21-2005, 10:23 AM
Luzinski is batting .400 against him. Bring him out of retirement This is teal. :tealpolice: are now looking for you.

WSoxFanForever
10-21-2005, 11:00 AM
I closely follow the NL Central because my Brewers are in it (my other fav team). Clemens did not have a good Sept. I don't know if he was injured or what, but he didn't often pitch past five innings. The Brewers rocked him for five early the last time they faced him. It isn't Clemens who scares me the most. Oswalt does. I think the Brewers also rocked Pettit. Of course, it's never fun to face their bullpen. I hope our guys just try to make contact.

GOOOOOOOOOOOO WHITE SOXXXXXXXXXXX!!!

socko82
10-21-2005, 11:11 AM
I fully expect Clemens to drill somebody early to try to intimidate the Sox. He did it to Piazza, he did it to ARod in the 2000 ALCS ....somebody's taking one in the ribs...

mattcoz
10-21-2005, 11:26 AM
Clemens has not been nearly as good during the post season over his career.
Yeah, only a 3-0 record and 1.90 ERA in the World Series. That will soon change though. :D:

mattcoz
10-21-2005, 11:33 AM
I fully expect Clemens to drill somebody early to try to intimidate the Sox. He did it to Piazza, he did it to ARod in the 2000 ALCS ....somebody's taking one in the ribs...
My guess Rowand, he always gets hit.

henchmanUK
10-21-2005, 11:39 AM
My guess Rowand, he always gets hit.
My guess is he'll try and wind Crazy Carl up.

Frater Perdurabo
10-21-2005, 12:04 PM
I'm amazed that Kent Anderson, Gabe Alvarez, Henry Cotto, Jeremy Giambi, Wilton Guerrero, Ricky Gutierrez, Felix Martinez, and Brad Komminsk played for the White Sox, according to the yahoo site linked in the first post, anyway....

:?:

In any case, it is good to see that Paulie and Crede own the two best OPS of any real Sox player career against Clemens, and Pods and Uribe each have a 1.000 OPS against him as well.

:bandance:

alohafri
10-21-2005, 12:09 PM

My guess would be Rowand or Iguchi in the elbow.

mterraza
10-21-2005, 12:12 PM

Hope he doesn't do it to AJ. Fox may have to cut to a quick commerical. :o:

bigdommer
10-21-2005, 12:28 PM
The American League is stronger than the National League.
The American League Central has the strongest pitching division in the American League.
The White Sox have found a way to, for the most part, beat the American League Central's pitching all year long.
The Angels are the only team in the American League that had pitching in the same class as the American League Central.
The White Sox experience at beating American League Central pitching all year long gave them both the confidence and the experience to overcome the brilliance of the Angels' pitching.
The baseball world quite well may be in for a lesson and adjustment as to what it defines as "great pitching".
Yeah, I keep seeing and hearing Clemens and Co.'s numbers compared to that of the Sox staff. Lets not forget that, instead of facing Y. Molina, Nunez, and a pitcher at the end of the order, Clemens will have to face AJ, Crede, and Uribe. I think that is where you will see the biggest difference in this series. There is no added strategy when you get to 7-8-9 in the AL. You can't take an inning off.

Huisj
10-21-2005, 12:29 PM
He'll probably hit A.J., and then if he ends up scoring after being hit, Fox will talk about how he's always in the middle of controversy and that this is just another cheap run that they didn't deserve and that it's AJ's fault.

elrod
10-21-2005, 12:33 PM
So, should Jose Contreras prepare to drill Lance Berkman in retaliation? It's very important that if Clemens pulls his typical cowardice that we retaliate in kind.

Huisj
10-21-2005, 12:44 PM
So, should Jose Contreras prepare to drill Lance Berkman in retaliation? It's very important that if Clemens pulls his typical cowardice that we retaliate in kind.

but i could see the umps giving out warnings at the first thing that happens, which would mean retaliation would shoot us in the foot if we lost our starting pitcher. Heck, even without issuing warnings, they can still screw things up, like Buerhle in the game he got tossed in the 6th this year.

Huisj
10-21-2005, 12:45 PM
Wow, weird to see Harold Baines has the most at-bats vs. Clemens with 105. :o: Hopefully Harold can give some pointers since he did hit over .300 in those 100 at bats.

Heck, maybe he should be the 25th man on the roster so he can pinch hit. :tongue:

Fuller_Schettman
10-21-2005, 01:05 PM
Clemens will last 1 batter.
Podsednik will drop a beautiful bunt down the third base line.
Clemens will charge over to make the play and *pop* goes the hamstring...

Enter Brandon Backe.

Final score Sox 6, Astros 0

credefan24
10-21-2005, 01:42 PM

Enter Brandon Backe.

After the 1st?:cool:

Iwritecode
10-21-2005, 02:41 PM

Enter Brandon Backe.

How is he at fielding bunts?

With the temps predicted to be in the 40's or 50's, Clemen's bad hammy and the speed we have at the top and bottom of the order I could see them dropping bunts down the first base line all game long...

elrod
10-21-2005, 03:43 PM
but i could see the umps giving out warnings at the first thing that happens, which would mean retaliation would shoot us in the foot if we lost our starting pitcher. Heck, even without issuing warnings, they can still screw things up, like Buerhle in the game he got tossed in the 6th this year.

And that's what I worry about. Clemens plunks our guy, knowing we can't retaliate. I've always hated Roger Clemens.

Realist
10-21-2005, 04:10 PM
And that's what I worry about. Clemens plunks our guy, knowing we can't retaliate. I've always hated Roger Clemens.

We can retaliate. Earhole a bee.

Mickster
10-21-2005, 04:15 PM
We can retaliate. Earhole a bee.

http://worldwide-web.com/JeffreyBabad/Simpsons/Bee/bee2.gif
"Dios Mio!"

Banix12
10-21-2005, 04:40 PM
http://worldwide-web.com/JeffreyBabad/Simpsons/Bee/bee2.gif
"Dios Mio!"

You know, I think it would be funny if at the stadium they have a couple of clips of bumblebee man running around with a giant mousetrap on his butt screaming Ai Yi Yi, if one of the killer B's strikes out or something.

Harry Chappas
10-21-2005, 04:52 PM
Not sure why, but I have a feeling we're going to get to Clemens early. Wasn't it at the Cell, during the All-Star game, where Clemens got absolutely crushed? I've also seen him pitch here with the Yankees where he didn't exactly dominate. It's the pitchers we've never heard or have never faced, that give our hitters fits. Oswalt comes to mind...

TimoPerez
10-21-2005, 05:13 PM
Who is this bum? Even Podzilla has hit a homer off of him.