PDA

View Full Version : Scoop Jackson kissing South Side arse on ESPN Motion

Erik The Red
10-20-2005, 11:34 PM
<Insert incredibly overused chunks tag>

There's a link on the mainpage, but if that's gone then just open up another video in Motion and click on "MLB" and you'll see it.

elrod
10-21-2005, 02:08 AM
I loved it. He basically said he wanted a 3-way with the hot woman interviewing him and some other girl. And he compared that to Jon Garland with Lovie Jung and Jennie Finch.

D. TODD
10-21-2005, 02:15 AM
I don't understand how a media guy can win talking about the Sox. If he thinks they will lose it's the media bias hating on the Sox. If he likes them to win he is kissing their ass, or is a bandwagoner. C'mon they make their picks and we should leave it at that. Hell, I don't know who will win, but if my job was to give my opinion I sure as hell would. Who cares who Scoop Jackson or any other analyst picks.

Erik The Red
10-21-2005, 11:02 AM
I don't understand how a media guy can win talking about the Sox. If he thinks they will lose it's the media bias hating on the Sox. If he likes them to win he is kissing their ass, or is a bandwagoner. C'mon they make their picks and we should leave it at that. Hell, I don't know who will win, but if my job was to give my opinion I sure as hell would. Who cares who Scoop Jackson or any other analyst picks.
He's been talking smack about the Sox all year, and all of a sudden he's decked out in black and white and talking like he's a big fan and always has been. **** that. Watch the video, the whole thing just reeks of sarcasm.

Sxy Mofo
10-21-2005, 06:05 PM
Who's our closer bubba sparks?

This guy is such a bandwagoneer.

He lists 5 reasons to watch the sox from an outside perspective. 2 of which are legit. From an outside perspective (IMO), Here's 5 reasons:

1. Long world series drought. People can get behind a long suffering fan base and team. People like the underdog, have throughout history.
2. Ozzie. Lovable. Except if your name is "Magglio Showalter"
3. The pitchers. 4 complete games in the ALCS. Studs.
4. American league smart ball. Playing the game the way it was meant to be played. Sacrificing self for the good of the team. Individual stats are worthless. No big egos
5. Our fan base doesn't bitch and whine like your traditional long-suffering teams fanbase.

ilsox7
10-21-2005, 06:29 PM

What I think is funnier is when you get Dark Clouds on here (not necessarily on this thread) who come on and bitch about members in the media writing bad things about the Sox, when they do exactly that. Having said that, I am not the biggest fan of Scoop, but he did write a nice article this week.

UofCSoxFan
10-21-2005, 06:59 PM
His article was ok...good for him. I don't like how he assumes that every Sox fan is blue collar or has grown up in the ghetto. There are plenty of North Side Sox fans....I grew up in the North Suburbs for God's sakes and grew up a Sox fan b/c my dad took me to those games as a kid, not Cubs games, as he was an American League fan from his days growing up in Minnesosta.

I understand a great deal of the Sox fan base is not as affluent as the Cubs fan base, but don't assume everyone that makes good money is a Cub fan and that everyone that works hard for a living is a Sox fan...it just continues another stereotype about the Sox.

I knew he was a fraud ever since he cited The Cove as a big time Sox bar.

house215
10-21-2005, 08:00 PM
:rolleyes:

At least someone isn't ripping the Sox in the media...