PDA

View Full Version : White: It's the New Red, per NYT and FOX

Vernam
10-20-2005, 10:34 PM
Plenty in this NY Times story to get the ol' juices flowing: http://tinyurl.com/dbhwo. It's from their business/media section and basically represents the FOX spin on why this World Series might be watchable. Apart from the novelty of having a network pin its ratings hopes on our heroes, the story reaches a new low by calling the Cell a "Soviet-style edifice." :angry:

Still, there's reason to hope about the FOX coverage. Sort of:

"Whatever has kept the White Sox from winning the World Series since 1917 will not be dwelt upon. The Foxians insist that they will stay largely in the present and not reminisce about 1959, or the 1919 Black Sox scandal, but, as the Fox announcer Joe Buck suggested, the network could still make use of the cast of Eight Men Out."

That's right, cue John Cusack. :rolleyes:

Vernam

jackbrohamer
10-21-2005, 09:54 AM

Maybe he'd stop hitting up Reinsdorf for free tickets if he got them from Fox. :cool:

Hangar18
10-21-2005, 11:07 AM
Plenty in this NY Times story to get the ol' juices flowing: http://tinyurl.com/dbhwo. It's from their business/media section and basically represents the FOX spin on why this World Series might be watchable. Apart from the novelty of having a network pin its ratings hopes on our heroes, the story reaches a new low by calling the Cell a "Soviet-style edifice." :angry:

Still, there's reason to hope about the FOX coverage. Sort of:

"Whatever has kept the White Sox from winning the World Series since 1917 will not be dwelt upon. The Foxians insist that they will stay largely in the present and not reminisce about 1959, or the 1919 Black Sox scandal, but, as the Fox announcer Joe Buck suggested, the network could still make use of the cast of Eight Men Out."

Vernam

Let them talk all they want .............. whats going to come across on TV Screens across America, is the SOX WINNING ......

oldcomiskey
10-21-2005, 12:16 PM
Let them talk all they want .............. whats going to come across on TV Screens across America, is the SOX WINNING ......
America hell-- I want to conquer the world

mattcoz
10-21-2005, 12:40 PM
61 percent of TV homes in use were watching the Cubs lose
:D:

henchmanUK
10-21-2005, 12:42 PM
SoxEd and I will be watching in Britain!

CaptainBallz
10-21-2005, 01:07 PM

We will as people from all across the world tune in, due to the Sox awesomely diverse roster, to cheer for OUR Chicago White Sox.

Smile South Side, The Whole World is Watching!!