PDA

View Full Version : What 'cha gonna do... when the Cubs fans' Inferiority Complex runs wild on you?!

TheOldRoman
10-20-2005, 03:38 PM
I went to the Orland Park mall today to get a Sox World Series game cap. I went into the Lidz store, which I strongly advise against. I only went there because nobody else had these hats in yet. The reason I say to stay away is that they always get the worst New Era caps in. For some reason, the stitching on their hats is always messed up - I had to search through 8 or 9 hats before I found one that wasn't bad. And that isn't the first time I experienced that there.

Anyway, to the story. A middle aged man walked in asking for Astros hats. What, you might say, is a middle aged man with a Chicago accent doing suddenly becoming a fan of a team from Texas in the middle of October? Well, of course, they are playing the Sox in the World Series. He asked the cashier for Astros locker room hats, and the cashier (wearing his backwards Cubs cap) tell hims THEY SOLD OUT ALREADY. This was about 3 hours after the store opened. The man decides to buy an Astros game cap, of which they only have a few left. The cashier says "We got a bunch of those Astros hats in, and they are all gone already *chuckles*. The game hats are almost gone, too."

Why, oh why, would there be a sudden surge in people buying Houston Astros hats in a south suburb of Chicago? The Cubs Fan inferiority complex is running wild. Even thought Houston is one of their key rivals, these stooges are buying Astros hats just to rub it in the Sox fans' faces. The same Cubs fans who did nothing but call our team crap the entire season are now saying "Haha, nobody cares about the Sox. Chicago is STILL a Cubs town even after this win". One even went as far as making up a story to back it up in which a reporter went up to Konerko in the locker room Sunday night and interviewed him thinking he was AJ. Im sure that wouldn't have been reported if it were real. These losers are completely obsessed with the Sox, and they want more than anything to see us lose. For as much as the media talks about the "disgusting behavior of Sox fans in 2003", I don't remember seeing ANY Sox fans buying Marlins hats, let alone every one of them. I would say that Cubs fans sunk to a new low, but that would be redundant. With each day, their inferiority complex grows, and they outdo themselves. I am just waiting for the news to show a Cubs fan who mowed the Astros' logo into his lawn.:rolleyes:

Iwritecode
10-20-2005, 03:49 PM
I went to the Orland Park mall today to get a Sox World Series game cap. I went into the Lidz store, which I strongly advise against. I only went there because nobody else had these hats in yet. The reason I say to stay away is that they always get the worst New Era caps in. For some reason, the stitching on their hats is always messed up - I had to search through 8 or 9 hats before I found one that wasn't bad. And that isn't the first time I experienced that there.

Anyway, to the story. A middle aged man walked in asking for Astros hats. What, you might say, is a middle aged man with a Chicago accent doing suddenly becoming a fan of a team from Texas in the middle of October? Well, of course, they are playing the Sox in the World Series. He asked the cashier for Astros locker room hats, and the cashier (wearing his backwards Cubs cap) tell hims THEY SOLD OUT ALREADY. This was about 3 hours after the store opened. The man decides to buy an Astros game cap, of which they only have a few left. The cashier says "We got a bunch of those Astros hats in, and they are all gone already *chuckles*. The game hats are almost gone, too."

Why, oh why, would there be a sudden surge in people buying Houston Astros hats in a south suburb of Chicago? The Cubs Fan inferiority complex is running wild. Even thought Houston is one of their key rivals, these stooges are buying Astros hats just to rub it in the Sox fans' faces. The same Cubs fans who did nothing but call our team crap the entire season are now saying "Haha, nobody cares about the Sox. Chicago is STILL a Cubs town even after this win". One even went as far as making up a story to back it up in which a reporter went up to Konerko in the locker room Sunday night and interviewed him thinking he was AJ. Im sure that wouldn't have been reported if it were real. These losers are completely obsessed with the Sox, and they want more than anything to see us lose. For as much as the media talks about the "disgusting behavior of Sox fans in 2003", I don't remember seeing ANY Sox fans buying Marlins hats, let alone every one of them. I would say that Cubs fans sunk to a new low, but that would be redundant. With each day, their inferiority complex grows, and they outdo themselves. I am just waiting for the news to show a Cubs fan who mowed the Astros' logo into his lawn.:rolleyes:

There were plenty of Sox fans that adopted the Marlins as their "second-favorite" team in 2003 and were sporting the black and teal.

The difference is that at least the Sox and Marlins are in different leagues!

Uncle_Patrick
10-20-2005, 03:53 PM
Funny that you mention Lidz. I went the one in Randhurst mall on my lunch break today. The guy behind the counter had a Cubs hat on. There had FIVE ROWS of Cubs hats on the wall. Underneath that, they had half a row of Sox hats. They then had a row of Cubs hats and Sox hats (the ones that are black with the black logo and the ones that are white with a white logo) behind the counter.

Baby Fisk
10-20-2005, 03:56 PM
If they weren't sheep, they wouldn't be bleating now. No matter what they say, no matter how much bravado or faux-disinterest they put forward, this World Series must be silently killing them.

But remember, this isn't about them. This is our time. Don't let anyone spoil it for you. :cool:

WHITE SOX! WHITE SOX! GO GO WHITE SOX! :fsock

SOXPHILE
10-20-2005, 03:58 PM
Ehhhh....Only bothers you if you let it. Just keep telling yourself that THE WHITE SOX ARE IN THE WORLD SERIES ! I've said it before, as the Sox advance further and further into the post-season, these "Cub fans", -most of whom don't know the first thing about baseball, what a balk or infield fly rule is, can't name a Cub player prior to 1969 & are just people who think it is/was the latest trendy thing to do, wear a backwards Cub hat and yell out WOOOO !!! CUBBIES !! - are getting more and more desperate and despondant. Good. Let them wallow in their misery. If any of them do say anything to you, putting down you and the Sox, just do what I do. Laugh at them. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH ! Laugh loud, in their faces. If you want, you can add a little "Hey, the White Sox are in the World Series ! Where are the Cubs ?" then more HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA !!!!! Otherwise, just ignore them, enjoy the warm fuzzy feeling of knowing that the Sox are in the Series, and that the (Cub fans) are in for a long miserable fall and winter.

rocky biddle
10-20-2005, 03:59 PM
I went to the Orland Park mall today

Enough said. No offense to anyone from Orland Park, but that mall is like the sheep headquarters of the world. Go back in a few months and all the kids will be wearing Sox stuff; at least until next April.

RadioheadRocks
10-20-2005, 04:00 PM
Lidzville is the kook-kook-kookiest, Lidzville is the kick-kick-kickiest...

Sorry... couldn't resist!

http://www.tvacres.com/images/lidsville_small.jpg (http://www.tvacres.com/lidsville.jpg)

cheeses_h_rice
10-20-2005, 04:18 PM
Good for the Cubs fans, if it makes them feel better about themselves.

I expected nothing less, and to be honest, it doesn't bother me in the least. I've had it up to here with people insisting that "it's good for the city" if Cub fans start rooting for the Sox. I want no part of 'em.

Soxfanspcu11
10-20-2005, 04:55 PM
Well as it stands, the chants of "1945!" are going to be EXTREMELY loud during the 2 cross town series next year, and in about 2 weeks or so, the chant of "1908!" will be music to my ears! :smile:

seanpmurphy
10-20-2005, 04:55 PM
Cubs fans going out of their way to show the world just how pathetic they are. Then again I shouldn't generalize. A good friend of mine is a diehard and he's taken the "sit back and shut up" approach to this postseason and I've got to give him a lot of credit. I also know a few people who are Cubs fans but at least admit they'd rather see a team they don't like from a city they do like win, than a team and city they have no connection too win.

But for the most part I'm just another voice in the choir, Cubs fans are circling the wagons. If the Sox win this, and I'm very confident they will, it's going to be a long, bitter winter for cubs fans....at least the owners will stay warm and cozy knowing that for some ludicrous reason Wrigley will continue to be packed. Oh I forgot. It's the better ballpark in the better neighborhood.

C-Dawg
10-20-2005, 06:07 PM
A middle aged man walked in asking for Astros hats....

I saw a young lady this morning with a brand-new Astros hat... Do the teams still share the revenue from sales of hats and stuff? Hopefully the Sox will get a little of the money raised by stuff sold to Cub fans.

hawkeyesox17
10-20-2005, 06:20 PM
Enough said. No offense to anyone from Orland Park, but that mall is like the sheep headquarters of the world. Go back in a few months and all the kids will be wearing Sox stuff; at least until next April.

Ouch, whatever we did to you, I apoligize on behalf of the entire city. For the record, we dont all blow, but there is a reason why I left there for Iowa.

Cuck the Fubs
10-20-2005, 06:24 PM
I have the ultimate answer.

I bought my World Series Sox cap at the Sports Authority on Rand Road today right by Randhurst.

On the rack of T shirts, there was the ULTIMATE T shirt.....

Black, giant Sox logo on the back....and on the front in old english script reads...

"Don't blame goats or curses....Just Win!"

fquaye149
10-20-2005, 06:50 PM
don't take this the wrong way guys, but

You know that at least 25% of the posters here did the exact same thing when the Cubs were in the NLCS - buying Marlins stuff, chanting "Cubs are going to blow it", etc. If it were Twins, Jndjans, or Tigers v. Cubs in the WS do you think people wouldn't buy their hats to wear during the WS? You're crazy.

Look at all the ****ing Cub based names here? Not that it's a bad thing, but I mean, how are you going to act like this is particular to Cub fans?

itsnotrequired
10-20-2005, 07:45 PM
don't take this the wrong way guys, but

You know that at least 25% of the posters here did the exact same thing when the Cubs were in the NLCS - buying Marlins stuff, chanting "Cubs are going to blow it", etc. If it were Twins, Jndjans, or Tigers v. Cubs in the WS do you think people wouldn't buy their hats to wear during the WS? You're crazy.

Look at all the ****ing Cub based names here? Not that it's a bad thing, but I mean, how are you going to act like this is particular to Cub fans?

Sox fans cheering for the Marlins? I don't know what you're talking about...

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=25604&page=22&pp=15

Orta 4-6-3
10-20-2005, 07:58 PM
Sox fans cheering for the Marlins? I don't know what you're talking about...

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=25604&page=22&pp=15 (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=25604&page=22&pp=15)

Ah, memories...:smile::D:

greenpeach
10-20-2005, 08:54 PM
Lidzville is the kook-kook-kookiest, Lidzville is the kick-kick-kickiest...

Sorry... couldn't resist!

http://www.tvacres.com/images/lidsville_small.jpg (http://www.tvacres.com/lidsville.jpg)

Lidzville is the living end !!

StrTrkker
10-20-2005, 08:55 PM
Good for the Cubs fans, if it makes them feel better about themselves.

I expected nothing less, and to be honest, it doesn't bother me in the least. I've had it up to here with people insisting that "it's good for the city" if Cub fans start rooting for the Sox. I want no part of 'em.

Man I feel just like you do...
As far as Im concerned Cubs Fans can stay Cubs Fans. I dont need their "Oh...well I'll support The Sox and hope they win the WS cause its Chicago" statements. Or for that matter their phony bandwagon teens that all of a sudden are wearing and talking Sox. Puhleeze. The way I look at it...a true Sox fan should be able to name all of the 8 regular starting players and the 4 starting pitchers without batting an eyelash.

Come next spring these Cub Fans will be spouting their attendance garbage, bad neighborhood and drunken fan line of crap to anyone who will listen. And while they are busy going to Wrigley for the expierence of being at a Cubs game, I will just ignore them and cheer the 2006 Sox to another great year.

Nellie_Fox
10-20-2005, 09:05 PM
I cheered for the Marlins, but jeez, I didn't go out and spend money buying their stuff.

seanpmurphy
10-20-2005, 09:07 PM
I cheered for the Marlins, but jeez, I didn't go out and spend money buying their stuff.

Exactly.
Cheering on another team. $0
Buying stuff for a team who you only like for 2 weeks: Dumb.

RadioheadRocks
10-20-2005, 09:29 PM
Exactly.
Cheering on another team. $0
Buying stuff for a team who you only like for 2 weeks: Dumb.

Absolutely... wonder how many Astros caps, t-shirts, etc. are going to be springing up at garage sales in the coming months...

LongLiveFisk
10-20-2005, 10:27 PM
That's ok....they are making fools of themselves. Even if (God forbid) there was ever a Cubs/Twins or a Cubs/Indians WS, I wouldn't be stupid enough to go out and buy a Twins or Indians cap. :rolleyes:

TornLabrum
10-20-2005, 11:31 PM
To me this demonstrates only one thing. Cubs fans are dumb and have a lot of disposable income.

TDog
10-20-2005, 11:56 PM
Wearing a Cubs hat would be sufficient to show your views on the current party going on in the city. In fact, wearing an Astros hat makes you look stupid because it shows you care, despite insistences to the contrary.

I wouldn't have bought an Indians cap to show my loathing for the Cubs in 2003 if they had come through with a win in Game 5 or 6 or 7 in the NLCS. No way.

It's odd how Sox fans who pulled for the Marlins two years ago were missing out on the party and so many Cubs fans this October refuse to believe a party is going on.