PDA

View Full Version : Sox Fest 2006 Sold Out

kruzer31
10-20-2005, 02:19 PM
My brother got some tickets yesturday, and from what i am hearing today, the whole weekend is completely sold out, no hotel packages or individual tickets left either.

Go Sox

Joosh
10-20-2005, 02:21 PM
Damn! Well, I guess its just Spring Training, although thats not a bad choice.

I really enjoyed SoxFest last year, though. Shouldn't have waited so long to get tickets.

Ol' No. 2
10-20-2005, 02:26 PM
My brother got some tickets yesturday, and from what i am hearing today, the whole weekend is completely sold out, no hotel packages or individual tickets left either.

Go SoxThat's incredible. I think last year I booked the hotel package about 3 weeks before the event. I guess everybody's itching for a chance to see the World Series trophy.

ChiSoxGirl
10-20-2005, 03:18 PM
That's incredible. I think last year I booked the hotel package about 3 weeks before the event. I guess everybody's itching for a chance to see the World Series trophy.

I know what you mean. I've been going to SoxFest since 1993 and the earliest I ever booked my hotel room was a couple days after Christmas! Fortunately, I saw the thread last week about hotel rooms going fast, so I've been booked since then.

Uncle_Patrick
10-20-2005, 03:21 PM
Damn, I am glad I bought my tickets on Monday!

Clembasbal
10-20-2005, 03:21 PM
Damn! Well, I guess its just Spring Training, although thats not a bad choice.

Better get those spring training tickets ASAP, I know I am getting more this year than in years past. It might be cheaper to see them then, then it might be during the year. Plus, that is the best time to get autographs and meet the players and rookies.

irish rover
10-20-2005, 03:23 PM
its true for whitesox.com

"SoxFest hotel packages as well as weekend and daily tickets are currently sold out."

itsnotrequired
10-20-2005, 03:27 PM
its true for whitesox.com

"SoxFest hotel packages as well as weekend and daily tickets are currently sold out."

Did it even sell out last year?

mike squires
10-20-2005, 03:28 PM
Not sure I'd want to attend a sold out Soxfest. Wouldn't ahve the patience , or should I say my two year old would not have the patience to stand in line the whole weekend. It would be great to participate in all the excitment and be there when Kenny and Ozzie come out on that stage. It's gonna be a zoo. I too will hope for Spring Training next year.

Palehose13
10-20-2005, 03:31 PM
Did it even sell out last year?

IIRC, Saturday's was sold out last year.

ewokpelts
10-20-2005, 03:49 PM
This may be only what ticketbastard was alloted. Season ticket holders usually get order forms with thier invoices, and discounted too.

Gene

Iwritecode
10-20-2005, 04:06 PM
Not sure I'd want to attend a sold out Soxfest. Wouldn't ahve the patience , or should I say my two year old would not have the patience to stand in line the whole weekend. It would be great to participate in all the excitment and be there when Kenny and Ozzie come out on that stage. It's gonna be a zoo. I too will hope for Spring Training next year.

Suprisingly it wasn't all that bad last year. Even on Saturday when they were sold-out. I expected it to be pretty hectic but I was able to do everything I wanted and then some.

Basically, standing in line is part of Soxfest whether they are sold-out or not. You stand it line to get in. Then you stand in line to get an autograph. Then you stand in line to get into the garage sale. Then you stand it line to get some food...

About the only thing you don't have to stand in line for is the seminars where you can grab a chair if you get there early enough.

34 Inch Stick
10-20-2005, 04:09 PM
I have never understood the allure or excitement over the event.

Palehose13
10-20-2005, 04:13 PM

Have you been for the whole weekend?

Iwritecode
10-20-2005, 04:14 PM

The biggest "celebrity" I'd ever met before I went to my first Soxfest was a local news broadcaster...

Where/when else do you have the chance to talk face to face with ballplayers you've grown up watching on TV?

Where/when else do you have the chance to bitch out/thank KW and know that he's listening to you?

Considering the low number of games I make it to every year, it's also fun to meet up with fellow WSI members and put faces with some of the names.

:)

steff
10-20-2005, 04:16 PM
Where/when else do you have the chance to bitch out/thank KW and know that he's listening to you?

You can do that there..???

:whistle:

Palehose13
10-20-2005, 04:20 PM
You can do that there..???

:whistle:

We know which one you tend to do. ( :tsk: ) I, on the other hand, think Kenny is Da Man! :wink:

maurice
10-20-2005, 04:52 PM
Where/when else do you have the chance to talk face to face with ballplayers you've grown up watching on TV?

Spring training, road games, minor-league rehab games, and in the hotel bar after Sox Fest.

See y'all at the bar.
:gulp:

The Dude
10-20-2005, 05:07 PM
Well this is the price of success.:tongue:

I think it might be a bit tougher to get your hands on good seats next season. Oh well! It should all be worth it though.

Bring home that WS and make it tougher for me to get tix next season. I wont mind too much!:cool:

TheDarkGundam
10-20-2005, 05:52 PM
Last years sox fest was the first time i'd ever gone, and if I remember, I didn't buy tickets until a couple weeks before it. Luckily, i'm only about an hour away from Chi-town so I don't need a hotel room. Maybe i'll look at stubhub :(:

ChiWhiteSox1337
10-20-2005, 05:54 PM
Wow, I was thinking about getting a ticket soon because I expected a higher demand for SoxFest, but I didn't imagine them selling out already! :(: for me, :smile: for the Sox

C-Dawg
10-20-2005, 06:02 PM
Damn, I am glad I bought my tickets on Monday!

Yea you're not kidding! I just ordered mine over the weekend too.

I don't remember them being on sale this early in the past; maybe its just because they sold out so early that I noticed HOW early it really is.

Palehose13
10-20-2005, 06:42 PM
Just got this in an email.

As our most valued customer, we wanted to thank you for your support as
a season ticket holder and look forward to another season of excitement
in 2006. Mark your calendar for our SoxFest presented by U.S. Cellular
January 27-29, 2006 at the Hyatt Regency Chicago! SoxFest is a great
chance to get autographs of your favorite players and get the inside
scoop at the seminars.

We would like to once again extend to you a special offer for weekend
passes to SoxFest 2006. As you may or may not already know, we have
sold out our Soxfest 2006 weekend. Therefore, this special email offer is
extremely limited and will be processed on a strict first come, first
served basis. We hope you understand that we may not be able to
accommodate all requests, but still want to make sure that you have a chance
to purchase some passes. You may purchase 2 weekend passes per
account.

Due to the overwhelming response from customers, our hotel block for
the event has been completely sold out in record time. Hotel rooms at
the Hyatt Regency for the weekend are not currently available.

Thank you again and we hope to see you all at SoxFest presented by U.S.
Cellular!

chisoxmike
10-20-2005, 07:13 PM
If anybody wants to sell me two for Saturday, please PM me. Thanks!:D:

Jjav829
10-20-2005, 07:16 PM
:o: :o: :o:

Wow, I was thinking of going but didn't think I'd have to order this soon. Damn. :o:

Chips
10-20-2005, 07:48 PM
I'm glad I booked that hotel package when they opened more up. :D:

Jurr
10-20-2005, 09:41 PM
What's the deal with the tickets? Do they have scalpers and crap for the event? Can you actually by them from ticket brokers? I thought it was just a convention that you went to. I didn't think there was a specific amount of tickets available.

Brian26
10-20-2005, 10:34 PM

I guess I view it as a pep rally for your team. The standing-in-line to get an autograph can be annoying for some, but there are a lot of other things to do if autographs aren't your thing. The seminars and Q & A sessions are honestly worth the price of admission alone.

The Wimperoo
10-20-2005, 10:43 PM

I've never been to Soxfest, but I went to the Bears convention this spring and it was a ton of fun so I decided I had to go to Soxfest. I really have no desire to stand around and get autographs. I really couldn't care less about that. I am excited for the seminars and Q&A sessions. Just listening to the players and coaches tell stories, and learning about the game from them should be great.

brewcrew/chisox
10-20-2005, 10:53 PM
:o: :o: :o:

Wow, I was thinking of going but didn't think I'd have to order this soon. Damn. :o:

Ditto. I haven't even been THINKING about soxfest right now. I got tickets the last couple of years only a few days before the event. Man, I better start thinking about getting my season package deal set soon too I guess.

Ol' No. 2
10-20-2005, 10:59 PM
People who got the hotel package get 4 tickets with a 2-night stay. Some may not be using all of them. As the date gets nearer we should stick a thread where people with extras can offer them.

soxwon
10-20-2005, 11:01 PM
just got an email from the sox today.

since im a season ticket holder, if i fax the form i received today
to the sox by 5 pm tommorow.
i can purchase 2 weekend passes for $25 each not $40 as they normally cost.
however no rooms available yet.

Iwritecode
10-20-2005, 11:01 PM
What's the deal with the tickets? Do they have scalpers and crap for the event? Can you actually by them from ticket brokers? I thought it was just a convention that you went to. I didn't think there was a specific amount of tickets available.

I'm sure there's a set number of people they can allow in at one time due to fire codes or something like that.

I think it's around 3,000. I believe that's how many tickets are sold for each day at least.

Palehose13
10-20-2005, 11:02 PM
People who got the hotel package get 4 tickets with a 2-night stay. Some may not be using all of them. As the date gets nearer we should stick a thread where people with extras can offer them.

It's my understanding that you only get 4 tickets if you specify that there will be 4 people in your room. I was asked for the names of the people in my room, and at the time I only had one other person confirmed, so I told them 2 people. Thankfully I will be able to get two more tickets because of the season tickets.

Ol' No. 2
10-20-2005, 11:05 PM
It's my understanding that you only get 4 tickets if you specify that there will be 4 people in your room. I was asked for the names of the people in my room, and at the time I only had one other person confirmed, so I told them 2 people. Thankfully I will be able to get two more tickets because of the season tickets.If so, they're doing it different from previous years. Last year I got 4 tickets even though there were only two people in the room. Same thing the year before...and the year before....

Palehose13
10-20-2005, 11:07 PM
If so, they're doing it different from previous years. Last year I got 4 tickets even though there were only two people in the room. Same thing the year before...and the year before....

Oh, ok. I always said 4 and I thought it was weird that they asked for the names of the people staying with me this year. Maybe it'll be different because of the high demand.

Iwritecode
10-20-2005, 11:09 PM
Oh, ok. I always said 4 and I thought it was weird that they asked for the names of the people staying with me this year. Maybe it'll be different because of the high demand.

They asked for names? :?:

The last time I told them I had 4 people they charged me more for the room. So this year I'm just telling them there's 2 and requesting all four passes.

Palehose13
10-20-2005, 11:14 PM
They asked for names? :?:

The last time I told them I had 4 people they charged me more for the room. So this year I'm just telling them there's 2 and requesting all four passes.

Yep, she asked for names when taking my reservations.

TornLabrum
10-20-2005, 11:40 PM
Yep, she asked for names when taking my reservations.

I don't think that has anything to do with the tickets. IIRC the Sox' news release said you get four tickets with your room, not up to four tickets.

Palehose13
10-21-2005, 01:14 AM
I don't think that has anything to do with the tickets. IIRC the Sox' news release said you get four tickets with your room, not up to four tickets.

I sure hope so cause I got some people not staying in my room that want to go!

Palehose13
10-21-2005, 04:05 PM
Have any of the season ticket holders been able to get their soxfest order form faxed in? I've been trying all afternoon, but the Sox line has been busy.Any ideas?

SoxFan78
10-21-2005, 04:10 PM
Have any of the season ticket holders been able to get their soxfest order form faxed in? I've been trying all afternoon, but the Sox line has been busy.Any ideas?

I was trying all morning. I ended up emailing my ticket rep and asked him if I could email the form to him. He said that would be fine, so thats what I did, but im not sure if I have gotten tickets yet.

Palehose13
10-21-2005, 04:18 PM
I was trying all morning. I ended up emailing my ticket rep and asked him if I could email the form to him. He said that would be fine, so thats what I did, but im not sure if I have gotten tickets yet.

I called my rep, but his voice mail was full. I then e-mailed him (no response yet), but then I sent my order form to his fax number.

I am sure that they are swamped, so it just doesn't make much sense that they did this now. It seems like they could have waited a week or two.

steff
10-21-2005, 04:25 PM
It's my understanding that you only get 4 tickets if you specify that there will be 4 people in your room. I was asked for the names of the people in my room, and at the time I only had one other person confirmed, so I told them 2 people. Thankfully I will be able to get two more tickets because of the season tickets.

Jim and I get 4 every year despite there only being 2 of us.

Brian26
10-21-2005, 05:05 PM
Jim and I get 4 every year despite there only being 2 of us.

I guess someone's got connections! :rolleyes: :D:

Iwritecode
10-21-2005, 05:27 PM
I've always gotten 4 no matter what. They don't even ask how many I want.

But that name thing is just weird. I've never heard of any hotel doing that. You always hear about celebrities registering as Daffy Duck or Bart Simpson so you wouldn't think they'd really care...

Foulke You
10-21-2005, 08:09 PM
Holy Crap!!! This White Sox ticket scalping stuff is getting out of hand! Check out what these two Sox Fest tickets for Saturday are going for! I paid $70 each for Game 2 of the ALDS. These two are at $153!!! For a CONVENTION not a GAME!! :thud:

http://cgi.ebay.com/2-CHICAGO-WHITE-SOX-2006-SOXFEST-TICKETS-SAT-JAN-28-CHI_W0QQitemZ6571842665QQcategoryZ16122QQssPageNam eZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

JohnBasedowYoda
10-21-2005, 08:31 PM
can't believe it sold out so soon! i was going to get tix.

if anyone has extras i'll bite