PDA

View Full Version : Clemens Postgame interview-Shoeless

hawkjt
10-20-2005, 12:57 PM
Anyone see his postgame interview where he said that last month when his mom was basically on her deathbed she asked him if they had won the pennant yet and talked about Shoeless Joe Jackson. He said that right there he knew they would win the pennant and play the whitesox. Kind of interesting.

Anyone see that ESPN program on 5 reasons not to blame the Red Sox owner for trading Babe Ruth where they said that he wanted to trade him to the Whitesox for Jackson but then the Blacksox scandal broke and he had to go to the yanks instead. Babe Ruth as a Sox? I could have lived with that trade. Joe was obviously highly valued around the league.

Sxy Mofo
10-20-2005, 12:59 PM
Anyone see his postgame interview where he said that last month when his mom was basically on her deathbed she asked him if they had won the pennant yet and talked about Shoeless Joe Jackson. He said that right there he knew they would win the pennant and play the whitesox. Kind of interesting.

Anyone see that ESPN program on 5 reasons not to blame the Red Sox owner for trading Babe Ruth where they said that he wanted to trade him to the Whitesox for Jackson but then the Blacksox scandal broke and he had to go to the yanks instead. Babe Ruth as a Sox? I could have lived with that trade. Joe was obviously highly valued around the league.

Yea, that's pretty crazy. I heard that before the playoffs even started, so you know that's not one of those made up things after the fact.

Baby Fisk
10-20-2005, 12:59 PM
Who's writing this script, W.P. Kinsella?

wdelaney72
10-20-2005, 01:03 PM
Who's writing this script, W.P. Kinsella?

No, but the made for TV movie will be a "compelling drama starring Judith Light - right here on Lifetime."