PDA

View Full Version : Congrats on a great season, Sox fans!

Andyzipp
10-20-2005, 11:40 AM
Life long Astros fan here, looking forward to a great series with Chicago.

To be perfectly honest, I think these teams match up pretty evenly. Your team seems to have an edge in offense, and I think we have a slight edge in pitching and defense (I know you disagree about the pitching...). Admittedly, I don't watch much more than highlights of AL ball, but you guys totally outclassed Boston and the Angels.

A lot of us are looking forward to having Carl Everett around for a few games. We loved C-4 when he was with Houston. And Freddy Garcia was one of our farm hands as well.

At the very least, I'm hoping that everything I've heard about your team and especially your fans is true, and that you're completely the opposite of the ScRubs fans we have to deal with 18 games a year. I sincerely hope that you guys being in the series makes those losers look up from their drunken stupors cry a few tears and wipe their eyes with their Prior and Wood jerseys.

mdep524
10-20-2005, 11:48 AM

To be perfectly honest, I think these teams match up pretty evenly. Your team seems to have an edge in offense, and I think we have a slight edge in pitching and defense (I know you disagree about the pitching...). Admittedly, I don't watch much more than highlights of AL ball, but you guys totally outclassed Boston and the Angels.

A lot of us are looking forward to having Carl Everett around for a few games. We loved C-4 when he was with Houston. And Freddy Garcia was one of our farm hands as well.

At the very least, I'm hoping that everything I've heard about your team and especially your fans is true, and that you're completely the opposite of the ScRubs fans we have to deal with 18 games a year. I sincerely hope that you guys being in the series makes those losers look up from their drunken stupors cry a few tears and wipe their eyes with their Prior and Wood jerseys. We anticipate a great series as well, with great pitching on both sides. I almost forgot about the Everett and Garcia connections to Houston. Sounds like we'll see a different reaction to Everett in Houston than in Boston, where he was hated.

While I doubt everything you've heard about us is true... Sox Army tends to get misconstrued and negatively stereotyped in the media... we're pretty darn passionate about our Sox, and we've been waiting for this moment for a long, long time.

Here's to a great Series, and then in April you can go back to kicking some Cubbie butt. :gulp:

Baby Fisk
10-20-2005, 11:51 AM
:welcome:
The pitching matchups for this series are going to be awesome. Good Luck (but not too much...)

VenturaSoxFan23
10-20-2005, 11:57 AM
You people in Houston have been aching for a World Series almost as long as we have. (I personally thought the 1986 Astros were a helluva team.)
Congratulations to you & your city.
(Anything to keep your mind off the Texans, eh? Don't feel bad, my Packers are just as awful.)

russ99
10-20-2005, 12:12 PM

At the very least, I'm hoping that everything I've heard about your team and especially your fans is true, and that you're completely the opposite of the ScRubs fans we have to deal with 18 games a year. I sincerely hope that you guys being in the series makes those losers look up from their drunken stupors cry a few tears and wipe their eyes with their Prior and Wood jerseys.

Andy - welcome to WSI, and also a hearty welcome to the rest of my fellow posters over at Orangewhoopass.com. You'll find Sox (and Astros) fans to be knowledgable. None of those Red Cubs or CoArds trollers here.

I'm deliriously happy that the Astros made the Series, but my loyalties end here. I've been a Sox fan since 1970 when I was 2, and an Astros fan since '79. Sorry, the Sox completely win.

I'd have to call the pitching even on both sides, and I like the Sox bullpen better than the Stros, except for Lidge. Sox hitting is a lot better, but the Astros seem to scrap out runs. White Sox in 6 games.

Go Sox!

kevin57
10-20-2005, 12:21 PM

Thanks for the classy post. Respectful posts will be met with respectful replies.

I know a lot of Sox fans are a bit sad about having to face you guys. We'd much rather rip the Bosox--DONE, the Angels--DONE, and the Cards--DAMN

That said, may the better team win, and I think I know who that is.:yup:

Andyzipp
10-20-2005, 02:08 PM
Andy - welcome to WSI, and also a hearty welcome to the rest of my fellow posters over at Orangewhoopass.com. You'll find Sox (and Astros) fans to be knowledgable. None of those Red Cubs or CoArds trollers here.

I'm deliriously happy that the Astros made the Series, but my loyalties end here. I've been a Sox fan since 1970 when I was 2, and an Astros fan since '79. Sorry, the Sox completely win.

I'd have to call the pitching even on both sides, and I like the Sox bullpen better than the Stros, except for Lidge. Sox hitting is a lot better, but the Astros seem to scrap out runs. White Sox in 6 games.

Go Sox!

I'll try not to impede your posting privledges over there. :D:

soxfan26
10-20-2005, 02:35 PM
I sincerely hope that you guys being in the series makes those losers look up from their drunken stupors cry a few tears and wipe their eyes with their Prior and Wood jerseys.

:roflmao:

Never met an Astros fan I didn't like. :cool:

cubhater77
10-20-2005, 06:38 PM
this will be an interesting series. awesome pitching on both sides. only regret going in is not seeing the big hurt smack one off one of those hurricane windows. might visit minute maid next yr.