PDA

View Full Version : Beltran For Manny?

skottyj242
10-20-2005, 10:32 AM
Just came across this on rotoworld, I guess if this happens the New York press will have to break out Pedro's business cards and give him a call.

http://www.rotoworld.com/includes/topblurbs.asp?sport=MLB

Unregistered
10-20-2005, 10:42 AM
If I'm the Mets, I'd do this in a second. Manny is a lot more like the player they thought they were getting when they signed Beltran.

Optipessimism
10-20-2005, 11:40 AM
I'd take this with the same grain of salt this idiot Bob Nightengale is mistaking for powder and snorting up his nose. He wouldn't be surprised if the Yankees added a free agent like AJ Pierzynski as a backup catcher to Jorge Posada? ***? Add an eighth starting pitcher? Find a younger Gary Sheffield (surprising he gives no names)?

How about this? BUILD A ****ING FARM SYSTEM!!! And Nightengal, go back to your PS2. This is the type of BS you normally only see when looking at Cubs message boards. How this absolute **** even makes a **** paper like USA Today is even a mystery.

EDIT: Another one of his great ideas for the Yankees is Nomar Garciaparra as a backup SS who warms the bench for Jeter (but he thinks adding Millwood would be a bad move). When USA Today was hiring columnists, did they just find the first guy sleeping on the sidewalk and say 'hey, do you wanna write columns on toilet paper? We'll pay...'

Flight #24
10-20-2005, 11:59 AM
I'm not sure how this makes sense for the Mets. They just made beltran the centerpiece/face of the org along with Pedro. Sure - he's not the hitter Manny is, but can you imagine Manny playing the OF at Shea? :o:

And they can't even DH him on occasion. Plus for the Red Sox, there are minimal salary savings, and I'd think any trade of Manny would have as a big part of it freeing up resources to go pursue....I don't know.....PITCHING?

It would arguably be better for them to trade Manny for better cash savings, sign Giles at $12-14Mper, and then be able to replace Wade Miller with AJ Burnett using the Manny savings of 6-8/yr and Miller's $3M.