PDA

View Full Version : Wear your Sox gear to work on Friday... assuming you still have a job...

Baby Fisk
10-20-2005, 10:47 AM
Anyone else have a productivity rate of ZERO this month? :redface:

I was on vacation the first two weeks of October, and this week has been consumed with relishing the White Sox Pennant Winner. Thank god I don't work in a hospital.

Tomorrow I'm kicking off the Sox World Series festivities (Toronto version) by wearing my 1959 Nellie Fox pinstripe jersey to work and educating all my co-workers about the glory of White Sox baseball. Some of you get to wear Sox gear to work regularly, but for those who don't SHOW YOUR PRIDE! DRESS CODES BE DAMNED!

VenturaSoxFan23
10-20-2005, 10:56 AM
Monday we were supposed to wear these blue t-shirts to promote some new program at work. Sure, I wore the blue shirt, but I said to myself, "They picked the wrong day to do this." So I threw my Sox jersey over the blue shirt. :D:

MeteorsSox4367
10-20-2005, 11:01 AM
Ah, the joys of working at a school near the ballpark. Tomorrow, we're having a Sox dress down day and they're letting the adults participate, too. It's not a question of wearing Sox stuff; it's just what to wear.

One of my Cub fan coworkers said that he didn't understand the purpose of the Sox dress down day since it didn't promote school spirit.

I think I'll go with the road jersey over the Pierzynski t-shirt with the 1959 replica cap to complete the ensemble.

Go Sox!!! This is our year!!

2005 Record with me in attendance: 7-5

kninchicago
10-20-2005, 11:06 AM
Man where I work that would never fly. These people are so clueless to sports (and the world outside of fine arts in general) that I have to work the nights of Game 3 and 7 (if played but I think we'll be World Champs by then). Isn't that delightful?

skottyj242
10-20-2005, 11:08 AM
We're having "casual White Sox Friday" tomorrow.

soxfanreggie
10-20-2005, 11:08 AM
The joys of still being in school. I have my lucky Sox hat on every day...it brings me pretty good luck on exams. Also, I can wear Sox shirts or jerseys every day! I can't wait for Saturday night!

LongLiveFisk
10-20-2005, 11:30 AM
I'd love to if I had to work tomorrow, but I'm off. :smile:

I will, however, be heading to Grandstand!! :bandance:

Law11
10-20-2005, 11:33 AM
My company is having a Sox day tomorrow. In the email it stated only teams in the World series can be worn. (Read bewtween the lines, no Cub wear allowed). I loved it. Our company is 3000 strong, I'm anxious to see the turnout.

chopperjc
10-20-2005, 11:43 AM
I will be wearing my Frank Thomas Jersey along with the 1918 road blue hat. I did get grief from several "bosses" but after I explained my passion (it helps I have been here 10 productive years) I think they decided it was not worth the effort:tongue: . I am surprised (being in Miami) the Cuban connection has not made any fans down here. I am convinced I am the only Sox fan down here. I also may not be working tomorrow due to another storm. For what it is worth the Hurricane days we have had so far we are 3-1:bandance: . My only nightmare is 2-2 bottom of the ninth and the power goes out. I do have a battery powered TV for that emergency but needless to say the reception is poor.

spiffie
10-20-2005, 11:47 AM
Thankfully I work at a place where I have no dress code, so I've been rocking Sox gear all year long. Tomorrow will likely be a full jersey day.

DaleJRFan
10-20-2005, 11:50 AM
I wore my Rowand jersey to work Monday. Had a meeting with lots of the senior VPs and whatnot... a most of them also wore their Sox gear to work Monday, too!

I did however get lots of dirty looks on the train going home. Muhahahahaha!! Screw you guys, its our town now.

Sxy Mofo
10-20-2005, 12:05 PM
Hey, if i get fired because of this whole sox-in-the-world series thing, can someone out there get me a job?

No one out in denver will understand that i was fired because of a sox world series. But i'm sure you chicagoans will.

kevin57
10-20-2005, 12:17 PM
I'm in.

Last series, when the Sox started playing the Halos, I went to my doctor's office, and nearly the entire staff was sporting Sox caps. Moved me to tears. :smile:

samram
10-20-2005, 12:45 PM
I'd love to if I had to work tomorrow, but I'm off. :smile:

I will, however, be heading to Grandstand!! :bandance:

Same here. My boss told me to just take the day off because he figured I would be pretty useless (not sure how that differs from any other day, but I'll take it). I really need to find some Sox AL Championship stuff, but it's tough to find down here and mlb.com is mostly out of the good stuff. Therefore, it will be the 1983 Sox hat.

C-Dawg
10-20-2005, 01:01 PM
My office has started some sort of weird "no hats" rule, so there goes my plans to wear either of the new Sox hats I bought. Maybe I will just sit here and wear my Sox jacket all day! The dress code doesn't say anything about jackets!

Of course, if I'm out in the field I can wear whatever I want, so it'll probably be the 1983 jersey, complete with the long-sleeved red fleece liner I just picked up recently. It looks authentic and is so warm; too bad I won't be at the games because I'd be comfy in it.

mattcoz
10-20-2005, 01:24 PM
I wear my Sox hat every day to work, and have been wearing a Sox shirt on every day of a game during the playoffs. I work for my dad who's as big a Sox fan as I am, so it's not a problem. Yesterday he told me to come into his offense so he could show me something, he had downloaded all the audio clips from this site and played them for me.

:D:

MsSoxVixen22
10-20-2005, 02:13 PM
I wish I was like some of you that have an actual Sox themed day. The owners of the place I work at are all huge Cub fans.:rolleyes: But better believe it I'll be rocking my Sox sweatshirt at work tomorrow! And WHEN the Sox win the WS, I'll be rocking a WS sweatshirt on future casual Fridays! :bandance:

#1venturafan
10-20-2005, 02:29 PM
Good thing I get to dress casually everyday at my job! I've worn my Pods t-shirt every Friday since we won the Central Division, and I don't plan on doing anything differently tomorrow!

SoxRulecubsdrool
10-20-2005, 02:36 PM
Everyday is White Sox dress up day for me. I am a stay home Dad!:D:

Wife wore the 1917 Sox jersey to work on "jeans" Friday during the Boston series and the head of Human Resources busted her. He is actually a Red Sox fan and gave her grief for wearing it. I guess it is only dress down under the waist and they are still suppose to wear an appropriate shirt or blouse. I had the number 13 put on the back and he told her that if she wore it again, 13 would be her unlucky number.

13 is our lucky number. My birthday and our anniversary!

akingamongstmen
10-20-2005, 03:04 PM
Everyday is White Sox dress up day for me. I am a stay home Dad!:D:

Wife wore the 1917 Sox jersey to work on "jeans" Friday during the Boston series and the head of Human Resources busted her. He is actually a Red Sox fan and gave her grief for wearing it. I guess it is only dress down under the waist and they are still suppose to wear an appropriate shirt or blouse. I had the number 13 put on the back and he told her that if she wore it again, 13 would be her unlucky number.

13 is our lucky number. My birthday and our anniversary!

Some people are *******s.

Chez
10-20-2005, 03:06 PM
I work at a big law firm in the loop. Today is "White Sox Day." Everyone was encouraged to wear Sox gear and there's a big pep rally at 4.

SOXPHILE
10-20-2005, 03:11 PM
I work in an office with only a few people,and normally wear business casual. First 2 days this week, owners were out, so I wore jeans and Sox shirts. Now they're back. I even wore a shirt & tie today. But.......I did hang up my black Sox flag on the outside wall of my cube, and I have a bunch of other Sox stuff all around the walls of my desk. It's starting to look like a White Sox gift shop. Friday, I'm going back to casual, and I'll have another Sox shirt on. Hmmmm....I better start deciding which one I'm gonna go with.

soxgirl617
10-20-2005, 03:17 PM
I have important meetings tomorrow which require me to dress professionally, but I will be wearing a small Sox logo pin on my jacket. I've been wearing it on my coat this week, and a bunch of people (from toll collectors to people on the street) have noticed it and said "Go Sox!".

Chez, your law firm rocks.

Erik The Red
10-20-2005, 03:31 PM
I took my holiday for the month on Thursday so I can catch Game 5. I have Fri and Sat off but work on Sunday, so hopefully they can win it in 6.

mike squires
10-20-2005, 03:32 PM
Job, what job? I took the entire month of October for this my friends. There was no way I was going to be stuck at work while there was a big game going on.

Uncle_Patrick
10-20-2005, 04:05 PM
Our building is having a "Wear Your Sox Gear" day tomorrow. However, I'm still on the mailing list for my old building, and they are having a "Wear Your Baseball Gear" day tomorrow. I thought that was curiously phrased.

White_Sock
10-20-2005, 04:32 PM
Everyday that I have to work and there's a Sox game on, I wear my old smelly black White Sox shirt under my work clothes. Everytime I have worn the shirt in the last month, the Sox have won. I'm starting to get some funny looks about the smell of it though.:?: I told all of the butthurt Angels fans that I work with about the shirt and they all hate it as well as the Sox. They're still sore over game two. (eg. if the White Sox win it all it should have an asterix because of game two of the ALCS.):dtroll:

GO GO WHITE SOX

LONG LIVE THE GUILLEN!

robiwho
10-20-2005, 05:02 PM
My son (1st grade) just got back from school with a note that tomorrow is White Sox day and everyone is encouraged to wear Sox gear or colors. The only problem for him is deciding which one to wear!

IronFisk
10-20-2005, 08:22 PM
Heck, I had two night meetings last week that I cancelled. No one even questioned me - they know, they know!

:bandance:

LongLiveFisk
10-20-2005, 08:37 PM
Heck, I had two night meetings last week that I cancelled. No one even questioned me - they know, they know!

:bandance:

I was just reading your sig, and I hope you plan on being at Puffer's again this weekend! :D:

MiamiSpartan
10-20-2005, 09:27 PM
I've worn my jersey over my shirt and tie several times this past week, but I have to take it off once the store opens...strict dress code and all...

I'll wear my brand new black alternate Scott Podsednick jersey on Saturday, assuming we are open for business...

jabrch
10-20-2005, 09:29 PM
My office is having "White Sox" day tomorrow where you can where Sox stuff. I am bringing all 7 of my jerseys to pass out to my staff to wear for the day. I'm also bringing my camera!

Nellie_Fox
10-20-2005, 09:41 PM
No school tomorrow (mid-semester grading day.)

I wore my Sox Hawaiian shirt on Monday. It was quite well received.
http://store1.yimg.com/I/herrington-catalog_1867_22570956

jabrch
10-20-2005, 09:45 PM
Where did you buy that Nellie?

Nellie_Fox
10-20-2005, 09:47 PM
Where did you buy that Nellie?From the Herrington catalog. http://www.herringtoncatalog.com/ls364.html

SoxFan76
10-20-2005, 09:47 PM
Where did you buy that Nellie?

Honest to God, I would wear that. I love it.

MrRoboto83
10-20-2005, 09:48 PM
I have a collection of 10 different SOX shirts that I wear to work. I wear something Sox everyday to work all season long, pretty much all year round. I have been supporting a 1959 hat as well all year, it is my good luck charm. I have converted everyones screen savers and wallpapers to Sox. I have also been putting Sox stickers on guys hard hats all year long. No one questions me if I have jumped on any bandwagon around here.:cool:

LongLiveFisk
10-20-2005, 09:57 PM

I despise Hawaiian shirts, but that one is pretty cool! :D:

ChiWhiteSox1337
10-20-2005, 10:18 PM
I'll be sure to wear my 2005 AL champs locker room shirt tomorrow, need to wear it one last time before it becomes obsolete! :smile:

gobears1987
10-20-2005, 10:57 PM
Hey, if i get fired because of this whole sox-in-the-world series thing, can someone out there get me a job?

No one out in denver will understand that i was fired because of a sox world series. But i'm sure you chicagoans will.Do they know what a World Series is out in Colorado? No teal. I mean the Rockies suck so much.

Nellie_Fox
10-21-2005, 12:23 AM
I posted the Hawaiian shirt when I was in my office after a night class. As I was on my way home, I was thinking that I seem to remember seeing that shirt on the rack in Grandstand. I just went and checked their website, and they do show it, but for more money than the catalog link I posted.

Here it is unfolded, so you can see more of the stuff on it.
https://secure.chicagoproducers.net/grandstandsox_com/store/images/sox_dark2_hawaii.jpg

donkeylips
10-21-2005, 11:11 AM
http://www.digitalgravel.com/dgImages/products/350x250/6900.jpg

Black Sox gear.
http://www.digitalgravel.com/itemdetails.cfm?prod=6900&cat=all&vndr=all

Baby Fisk
10-21-2005, 11:15 AM
http://www.digitalgravel.com/dgImages/products/350x250/6900.jpg

Black Sox gear.
http://www.digitalgravel.com/itemdetails.cfm?prod=6900&cat=all&vndr=all
:?: Can anyone decipher that?

Aprillshowers
10-21-2005, 11:24 AM
we have white sox casual day today and are having chicago hotdogs and chips for lunch on the company. :smile:

any of you guys work downtown?

SOXPHILE
10-21-2005, 12:02 PM
I posted the Hawaiian shirt when I was in my office after a night class. As I was on my way home, I was thinking that I seem to remember seeing that shirt on the rack in Grandstand. I just went and checked their website, and they do show it, but for more money than the catalog link I posted.

Here it is unfolded, so you can see more of the stuff on it.
https://secure.chicagoproducers.net/grandstandsox_com/store/images/sox_dark2_hawaii.jpg

That's the same one I have ! I love that shirt ! I'll probably be wearing mine on Tuesday for game 3 in Houston.

Erik The Red
10-21-2005, 12:17 PM

Yeah, seriously.

Aprillshowers
10-21-2005, 12:29 PM
the shirt i wore today is nothing special, but i think it's cute!

see...

whitesoxwilkes
10-21-2005, 12:29 PM
I decided when I woke up this morning that regardless of whether or not anyone observed it, today is White Sox Pride Day where I work. Sporting my black alternate with a black long-sleeved tshirt underneath.

chidonez
10-21-2005, 12:39 PM
Thank god I don't work in a hospital.

http://i23.ebayimg.com/03/i/03/5c/f4/75_1_b.JPG

donkeylips
10-21-2005, 12:40 PM
Yeah, seriously.

Oh they will know.

lumpyspun
10-21-2005, 01:41 PM

Ok, the only thing I can get from that random 1919 hooded Sweater is that it may a reference to the fact that the White Sox were actually the St. Paul Saints before there was an American League. Comsikey moved them from St. Paul to Chicago and they became part of the modern day American League as the White Stockings. It kind of looks like it could stand for St. Paul. There is an S, a T, and a P on there. Not sure what it would have to do with the 1919 team though....

I'm bored at work...that is the only way I was able to come up with the St. Paul connection and that sweater!

Baby Fisk
10-21-2005, 01:45 PM
Ok, the only thing I can get from that random 1919 hooded Sweater is that it may a reference to the fact that the White Sox were actually the St. Paul Saints before there was an American League. Comsikey moved them from St. Paul to Chicago and they became part of the modern day American League as the White Stockings. It kind of looks like it could stand for St. Paul. There is an S, a T, and a P on there. Not sure what it would have to do with the 1919 team though....

I'm bored at work...that is the only way I was able to come up with the St. Paul connection and that sweater!
StPL = St. Paul? I'd believe that. What that has to do with the year 1919 is another matter... :?:

donkeylips
10-21-2005, 01:53 PM
StPL = St. Paul? I'd believe that. What that has to do with the year 1919 is another matter... :?:

Hey it's kind of a hip hop clothing brand. It doesn't have to be accurate!

:tongue:

STPL = Staple (the brand that makes the hoodie)

mike squires
10-21-2005, 11:57 PM
the shirt i wore today is nothing special, but i think it's cute!

see...

Looks pretty special to me.

OK, seriosuly I'm sorry...Please don't ban me. You know everyone else wanted to do it. The shirt is cool.:smile:

DieTrying79
10-22-2005, 12:22 AM
Looks pretty special to me.

OK, seriosuly I'm sorry...Please don't ban me. You know everyone else wanted to do it. The shirt is cool.:smile:

Hehe, Squires:cool: ...

I wore my Irish Sox green Player-T, ol' 56 on the back, and was the talk of the office...I have the whole place pulling for us!

ChiWhiteSox1337
10-22-2005, 12:26 AM
Hehe, Squires:cool: ...

I wore my Irish Sox green Player-T, ol' 56 on the back, and was the talk of the office...I have the whole place pulling for us!
I have the same exact shirt, and I really like it. I just hate having to explain the reason why it's green to many people though....:(:

beckett21
10-22-2005, 12:29 AM
http://i23.ebayimg.com/03/i/03/5c/f4/75_1_b.JPG

Ok, where do I buy one of these? :cool: