PDA

View Full Version : South Side World Series Slogan

CAREY33
10-20-2005, 08:13 AM
Houston, YOU have a problem.

What do you think ?

downstairs
10-20-2005, 08:27 AM
I don't know if that's a "slogan".... but if you're going to one of the games, make that a sign... betcha that gets picked up on TV...

Good one!

skobabe8
10-20-2005, 10:25 AM

What do you think ?

I think that phrase has been done to death.

Damer
10-20-2005, 11:06 AM
I will seriously reconsider every Sox slogan made this entire year if any derivation of "Houston, we have a problem" is used.

If any of you finding yourself wanting to make a "Houston, we have a problem" reference, stop yourself. Like right now. Like always. I mean don't do it.

Seriously, I was laying awake in bed last night hoping, praying that no Chicago media outlet would employ that phrase.

CaptainBallz
10-20-2005, 11:10 AM
I will seriously reconsider every Sox slogan made this entire year if any derivation of "Houston, we have a problem" is used.

If any of you finding yourself wanting to make a "Houston, we have a problem" reference, stop yourself. Like right now. Like always. I mean don't do it.

Seriously, I was laying awake in bed last night hoping, praying that no Chicago media outlet would employ that phrase.

Wow. I don't think it's that serious!

I don't think it's so bad--not THE most clever thing ever, but not bad.

Theanticub
10-20-2005, 01:52 PM
I think that phrase has been done to death.

True story.

Chicago
10-20-2005, 02:15 PM
Fox has already said this... after Houston won...

also I posted... Houston... YOU have a problem... like 3-4 days ago... in one of the Houston threads. :tongue:

Andyzipp
10-20-2005, 02:26 PM

What do you think ?

Dude, please no. And not because, "oh heck, you got us...We're in Houston and we indeed have a problem of some sort..."

But because I don't even know you and I know you can do better. Please leave the trite repetition to FOX and their horrid stable of "talent".

Palehose13
10-20-2005, 02:42 PM
Dude, please no. And not because, "oh heck, you got us...We're in Houston and we indeed have a problem of some sort..."

But because I don't even know you and I know you can do better. Please leave the trite repetition to FOX and their horrid stable of "talent".

Agreed.

Stop with the Apollo 13 reference. I mean, they do have a problem, but let's come up with something a little more original. Now I don't have a creative bone in my body, but something like this:

White Sox Pitching: Kills Bees Dead

might be a little more appropriate. :wink:

mterraza
10-20-2005, 02:56 PM
"Tap the Strohs!" with the attached logo?....ok that was weak.:D:

4th Gen. Sox Fan
10-20-2005, 03:03 PM
"Tap the Strohs!" with the attached logo?....ok that was weak.:D:

It might work

bevrat
10-20-2005, 03:44 PM
How 'bout the "Southside vs. the South" Series

Andyzipp
10-20-2005, 04:04 PM
How 'bout the "Southside vs. the South" Series

Well, Texans, as egotistical as we are, don't consider ourselves part of the South.

We'll give you Southwest, but mostly we just say we're from Texas.

SoxFan76
10-20-2005, 04:06 PM
Well, Texans, as egotistical as we are, don't consider ourselves part of the South.

Kind of like Chicagoans aren't from Illinois. There's Chicagoland and Illinois. Two completely seperate cultures.

CaptainBallz
10-20-2005, 04:31 PM
Although Frank's not playing :whiner: ...

"Texans Even Like Their 'Hurt' Big..."

--or something to that effect...

FielderJones
10-20-2005, 04:57 PM

Next you'll tell us there isn't a single pickup truck in the entire state with a stars and bars rear window decal. :wink:

:welcome: to WSI!

Chicago
10-20-2005, 05:21 PM
Remember the Palehose

BNLSox
10-20-2005, 07:44 PM
I'm standing by:

Go Chicago White Sox of Chicago

even though its only pertinent to mocking our friends of the LAOCAngels.

How bout:

Blue Collar versus the Red State.

swanson24
10-20-2005, 07:54 PM
How about this: "Killer Bees Get Gased by Chicago's Flame Throwers!"

SABRSox
10-20-2005, 07:57 PM
I've got one, but I don't want to land this in the Roadhouse, so I'll let you fill in the rest...

http://www.nostalgiacentral.com/images_movie/fullmetaljacket_3.JPG

"Holy dog ****! Texas? You know what comes from Texas?..."

TheArmyOfNeems
10-20-2005, 08:07 PM
South Side Exterminators

DumpJerry
10-20-2005, 11:07 PM
Here's the battle cry:

"Let's kick some Astros!"

soxstarter
10-21-2005, 12:31 PM
Here's the battle cry:

"We will be glad to assist with this endeavor."

:sopranos

MarySwiss
10-21-2005, 03:05 PM
Here's the battle cry:

As I said in another thread, I am making a sign with this slogan to take to our Arizona Sox fan gathering tomorrow night. There are a fair number of people in this area from Texas, so it should be fun. (Heh-heh-heh!)

:cool:

power98
10-21-2005, 06:49 PM
Can't believe no one has come up with something like this...

MLB 2005 World Series
...where the Astros find out what it's like to play a REAL BASEBALL TEAM FROM CHICAGO.

:thankgod

I know I should quit bashing the Cubs...I should probably stop drinking too. Neither one, however, are going to happen this week.

MarySwiss
10-21-2005, 06:53 PM
Can't believe no one has come up with something like this...

MLB 2005 World Series
...where the Astros find out what it's like to play a REAL BASEBALL TEAM FROM CHICAGO.

:thankgod

I know I should quit bashing the Cubs...I should probably stop drinking too. Neither one, however, are going to happen this week.

This would make a great sign for our gathering tomorrow! Go for it!

batmanZoSo
10-21-2005, 06:56 PM
Let it be "the Series in which the Sox will win--and quite handily I might add."

You like?

JohnBasedowYoda
10-21-2005, 06:57 PM
This would make a great sign for our gathering tomorrow! Go for it!

forget about the cubs already....sheesh

i don't know much about the astros...what's with the bee connection?

as far as my slogan goes: "OUR WHOLE TEAM TRAVELS TOGETHER"

MarySwiss
10-21-2005, 07:05 PM
forget about the cubs already....sheesh

i don't know much about the astros...what's with the bee connection?

as far as my slogan goes: "OUR WHOLE TEAM TRAVELS TOGETHER"

Er, reread my post and the original poster's. Neither said anything about any "bee connection." And I for one am getting really tired of posts that imply that the very mention of the Cubs is for some reason, suddenly verboten. The original poster's slogan works for me. If you have a problem with it, well, that's your problem.

JohnBasedowYoda
10-21-2005, 07:18 PM
Er, reread my post and the original poster's. Neither said anything about any "bee connection." And I for one am getting really tired of posts that imply that the very mention of the Cubs is for some reason, suddenly verboten. The original poster's slogan works for me. If you have a problem with it, well, that's your problem.

i wasn't saying you mentioned the bee thing. i was just asking about it. and if you got a problem with me asking about it, then that's your problem.

and if you can't enjoy a WORLD SERIES run without ragging on a team that has nothing to do with it, then that too is your problem

bigfoot
10-21-2005, 07:39 PM

As we would remind the Texans that tried to ski the slopes of the Rockies......

"If God had meant for Texans to ski,
He'd have made BS white!"

MarySwiss
10-21-2005, 07:44 PM
i wasn't saying you mentioned the bee thing. i was just asking about it. and if you got a problem with me asking about it, then that's your problem.
and if you can't enjoy a WORLD SERIES run without ragging on a team that has nothing to do with it, then that too is your problem

You quoted my post and refuted it in mentioning the bee thing, which I never mentioned, and you're doing it again here. Sorry, it won't fly. If you're really curious about "the bee thing," that's a separate issue. Which is why including it in this thread seems disingenuous. The topic of this thread is "South Side World Series Slogan."

Once again, re-read my post. Nowhere in it do I mention (that other team). I could not care less about (that other team). And I could not care less about your asking about it. Basically, I said you took a mere (other team) mention out of context and used it to slam a poster who did not deserve to be slammed.

And I can enjoy a World Series run just fine, thanks.

Chips
10-21-2005, 07:45 PM
Next you'll tell us there isn't a single pickup truck in the entire state with a stars and bars rear window decal. :wink:

:welcome: to WSI!

There's pickups in Chicago with the Stars and Bars window decals.

Palehose13
10-21-2005, 07:51 PM
BDY: The "Killer Bee's" are Biggio, Berkman, and Bagwell. There are other "B" names on the team, but they have pretty much been the face of the Astros for a long time.

MS: The sign you like does take a jab at the cubs (real team from Chicago) and also showed the "Thank God we're not the cubs" sign. I believe that is what he was referencing.

Are you two done now, orshall I send the bickering off to the roadhouse? :cool:

MarySwiss
10-21-2005, 08:00 PM
BDY: The "Killer Bee's" are Biggio, Berkman, and Bagwell. There are other "B" names on the team, but they have pretty much been the face of the Astros for a long time.

MS: The sign you like does take a jab at the cubs (real team from Chicago) and also showed the "Thank God we're not the cubs" sign. I believe that is what he was referencing.

Are you two done now, orshall I send the bickering off to the roadhouse? :cool:

PH: I don't think his "Thank God we're not the Cubs" sign was meant to be part of his slogan. As for the "real team from Chicago" reference, that seems pretty mild to me. As for bickering, feh! Who needs it?

JohnBasedowYoda
10-21-2005, 08:01 PM
You quoted my post and refuted it in mentioning the bee thing, which I never mentioned, and you're doing it again here. Sorry, it won't fly. If you're really curious about "the bee thing," that's a separate issue. Which is why including it in this thread seems disingenuous. The topic of this thread is "South Side World Series Slogan."

Once again, re-read my post. Nowhere in it do I mention (that other team). I could not care less about (that other team). And I could not care less about your asking about it. Basically, I said you took a mere (other team) mention out of context and used it to slam a poster who did not deserve to be slammed.

And I can enjoy a World Series run just fine, thanks.

someone else in the thread mentioned the bee thing, so i asked.

just because i quoted your thread doesn't mean the whole thing is about it.
no need to move this ph13, i'm done

Hagan
10-21-2005, 08:11 PM
this slogan was said right after the astros won game 6