PDA

View Full Version : Who is going to Houston?

wxkid23
10-20-2005, 07:29 AM
Going with my family for game 1 and just my Dad and myself for games 2 and 3 there. Only thing I know about the tickets are that they are "outfield" seats.

I am intrigued by the WIFI they have at MM. Am considering bringing the laptop to the game to post back on WSI and keep track of stats. Im trying to figure out if the Wifi works very well from some HOU fans, as MM is one of the few MLB stadiums to offer such a thing. Only $3.95 per game too..

Hope to see several other Sox fans there!

downstairs
10-20-2005, 08:28 AM
Well... hopefully that place is so quiet that you can clear your mind enough to actually use your laptop...

Fan'sDaughter
10-20-2005, 08:47 AM
I've posted a couple of times in the past. My 87 year old Dad is a loyal White Sox Fan. He's never even lived in Chicago...he just picked the White Sox as his team as a young kid. I grew up learning to love the White Sox and hate the Yanks. He gives new meaning to the MLB phrase..."We live for this!" At 87 this is a life long dream. He's so excited. All the excitement is certainly keeping him young. I now live in the Houston area. Talk about a dilemma. I'm rooting for both teams and may the best team win. I thought I'd sign on this morning in case anyone coming to Houston has any questions about the area. I might be able to help. The hotels and motels still have Kartina and Rita people living in them. The big International Quilt Show is October 27-30 and they have lots of rooms booked. If you have any questions I'll try and help.

skobabe8
10-20-2005, 10:24 AM
I've posted a couple of times in the past. My 87 year old Dad is a loyal White Sox Fan. He's never even lived in Chicago...he just picked the White Sox as his team as a young kid. I grew up learning to love the White Sox and hate the Yanks. He gives new meaning to the MLB phrase..."We live for this!" At 87 this is a life long dream. He's so excited. All the excitement is certainly keeping him young. I now live in the Houston area. Talk about a dilemma. I'm rooting for both teams and may the best team win. I thought I'd sign on this morning in case anyone coming to Houston has any questions about the area. I might be able to help. The hotels and motels still have Kartina and Rita people living in them. The big International Quilt Show is October 27-30 and they have lots of rooms booked. If you have any questions I'll try and help.

Forget the World Series! I'm there!! :tongue:

Fan'sDaughter
10-21-2005, 08:12 AM

You can do both if the series lasts long enough. The George Brown Convention Center is right next door to Minute Maid Park. You can spend all day at the quilt show and then walk next door for the game. You better walk...there sure as heck won't be any place to park! :)

BeviBall!
10-21-2005, 09:08 AM

That convention is a stitch.

Mickster
10-21-2005, 11:02 AM
Heading down Monday afternoon, will be there until Thurs. morning. :smile: Free flight via frequent flyer miles, mucho dinero for hotel room in the Hyatt.