PDA

View Full Version : What is your perfect WS end?

gobears1987
10-20-2005, 12:29 AM
With the Sox in the World Series, what is your perfect end to the series?

I know mine won't happen since Frank is injured, but I want the Sox to win in game 7 (which is October 30th, my 18th Birthday.) I can't think of a better gift. That can easily happen, but it won't end the way I want it.

I want Frank Thomas to come back and have a Kirk Gibson moment. Him vs. Lidge bottom of the 9th 2 outs Podsednik in 2nd down by 1 run. I want Frank to launch a bomb just like Gibson did in 1988 off of Eckersley, the best closer in the game. 17 years later, Vin Scully's call of that bomb is being played on Wheaties comercials. (They were runing one during the ALCS and ALDS with the call.) That HR is up there as the best in Series history.
Only if Frank does it, it would be great not just as a World Series winner. It would be Rooney's last call for the Sox as the ****-ups at WSCR don't wnat him despite the fact he is ranked as the #1 broadcaster in the AL. I would love to hear this call. "Frank steps up to the plate. He hits one deep. That one's back to the track, the wall, IT'S A GONER FOR A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!!! AND THE SOX ARE THE WORLD CHAMPIONS!!!"

Find me a better ending to the season or Rooney's career here (or a better B-day gift.)

SoxSpeed22
10-20-2005, 12:33 AM
Anything that's a White Sox Series Winner!

Sox of White
10-20-2005, 12:33 AM
I have been dreaming of a Frank/Kirk Gibson moment myself ever since Frank went back on the DL. That would be so sweet. Alas, it cannot happen this year, but I say just sweep the Astros away in 4, so there is no doubt.

antitwins13
10-20-2005, 12:34 AM
Mine would be: (Rooney) Bottom of the 9th here in game 7 or the World Series at US Cellular Field. Bases loaded, 2 outs, and here comes Konerko. 41,000 fans on there feet chanting Paulie Paulie Paulie. Here is the pitch from Lidge, a swing and a drive, Konerko hits it deep to left and this is gonna leave the yard, A goner and a WHITE SOX WINNER. Celebrate Sox fans CELEBRATE!

Chisox353014
10-20-2005, 12:53 AM
Sox win 4 games, I don't care how.

Deuce
10-20-2005, 01:04 AM
White Sox win as Jay Moronotti is run out of town after the Suntimes buys the bankrupt Cubune and puts Voodoo in charge of sports coverage, with Maurice doing politics after Eric Zorn and Cub Love Gov Rod are crushed by the upper deck of the now condemned Wrigley Field.

How's that? :wink:

Deuce

Coolpapa
10-20-2005, 01:06 AM
Sox win in four , Buck and McCarver are caught on camera in a passionate kiss

Banix12
10-20-2005, 01:08 AM
Some of you guys are way into the drama of it all, frankly I hope the sox win it like the Red Sox did last year. 4 game sweep with little resistance, somehow though I doubt it will be that easy.

My perfect world series ending is a big party celebrating a white sox victory and I don't care how they go about it. Drama, no drama, just four more wins.

Chisox003
10-20-2005, 01:13 AM
Instead of the cliche, "bottom of the 9th, game 7, game winning HR" scenario, my perfect ending would be anything that results in Grinder Ball Rule #142: There's no crying in baseball ... Unless champagne burns your eyes!

As for actually winning the deciding game, how about this....Game 6, White Sox lead the series 3-2, and it's a great pitchers duel between Pettite and Buehrle ... Buehrle completes the 9th, game tied at 2, with the top of our order coming up. Typical 2005 White Sox: Pods gets on, steals 2nd (yes, off Pettite), Gooch lays down a perfect sac bunt. Lidge relieves Pettite, and on his first pitch, a belt high 96 MPH fastball, Dye drives Pods home with a deeeeep fly ball to CF. Scotty crosses the plate and the call by Rooney will be better than the ALCS one (if that's possible)

Either that, or a 12-0 win in game 4 finishing off a sweep :tongue:

dcb33
10-20-2005, 01:14 AM
Beggars can't be choosers.

I don't care how it gets done, a 2005 Chicago White Sox World Series Championship is a perfect enough ending for me!

MiamiSpartan
10-20-2005, 01:15 AM
I don't want a game 7! that would be too close for comfort. I'd like to see them win it in 5 or 6, with a 9th inning HR with 2 on from Paulie to give us the game by 1 run.

Chicago
10-20-2005, 01:16 AM
Game 4... Sox lead the series 3-0

no one left in the bullpen...bottom of the 9th Jenks walks the bases loaded... Ozzie walks out... looks around and points at me and says... "HEY YOU... get your hand off my wife's leg". He then calms Jenks down and he strikes out the side.

SOX WIN SOX WIN. 14 - 2 :tongue:

Fuller_Schettman
10-20-2005, 02:16 AM
Game 1: Contreras CG win. Crede hits walkoff HR in 9th. Sox 1-0

Game 2: Buehrle CG win. Pierzynski hits walkoff HR in 10th. Sox 1-0

Game 3: Garland no hitter. Everett hits GW HR in 9th. Sox 1-0

Game 4: Garcia CG win. Konerko hits GW HR in 9th. Sox 1-0

Series MVP: Jon Garland

Sox complete best October in baseball history. 8 CG victories and a 13-1 record.

CJLove23
10-20-2005, 02:36 AM

Agreed !

getonbckthr
10-20-2005, 02:44 AM
gm 7 sox down 1 with 1 out bases loaded paulie up. ground ball to short houston goes to turn 2 but biggio launches the ball into the astro dugout 2 runs score we win. that way there can be no premeditated walk off call or cliches. that kind of play would be so shocking and unbelievable the call by rooney and buck would be raw emotion.

downstairs
10-20-2005, 07:45 AM
Personally I am not one of those people who like drama when it comes to my team. 10-inning game 7's are great if I don't care who wins.

I want this thing over in 4 games, and I want the lead in every single inning.

The rest of the country can be bored to tears as far as I am concerned.

dividedsk717
10-20-2005, 08:05 AM
Mine would be game 4 of the series with Freddy striking out the last batter in the 9th. I want the Sox to own this series from start to finish.

soxfanatlanta
10-20-2005, 08:23 AM
On October 27th, Sox Win 5-2. I like that date because that's my son's first birthday (Bost won their WS on that date as well). I don't have any specifics but I'd love to hear this during the game:

Buck: "Tim, you have no idea what the hell you are talking about, do you?"
McCarver: "I like cheese."

Just a thought.

BTW, Tim, Chicago is known for the Blues scene, OK?

OK?

Frater Perdurabo
10-20-2005, 08:35 AM
Game 6. Bottom nine. Scoreless tie. Clemens on the mound. Konerko at the plate. One ball. Two strikes. One out. Pods on third. Iguchi with a big lead at first. All we need is a sac fly to win and everyone knows it.

Clemens stares down Konerko. He shakes off three signs and nods at the fourth. Suddenly he spins and throws to first. Berkman applies the tag. Gooch is called out for the second out. But Pods has broken for home. Throw comes to the catcher. Pods slides, headfirst. SAFE! :winner

Or better yet, becase this Sox are known for their defense:

Game 4. Bottom nine. Sox up 1-0. Bases loaded. Berkman at the plate. Conceding the run, the infield is at double play depth. Three balls. No strikes. Garcia fires. Berkman hits a one-hop screamer up the third base line. Crede charges, fields the ball at third base and steps on the bag for one, fires to Iguchi for two, who fires to Konerko at first to turn a game-winning 5-4-3 triple play!
:winner

Kittle'sNeighbor
10-20-2005, 08:38 AM
As much as I hate to say it, I want the Sox to be down 3-2 so that I can fly back to Chicago for games 6-7 which I have tickets to. I want them to win those games in pitcher's duels with temps of 40 degrees.

I leave for vacation in Hawaii today and the saddest thing I can imagine is being on this remote island, with no other Sox fans to celebrate a series win.

Of course I will be rooting for our Sox to win every game they play.

Talk about a Catch 22, this vacation is gonna suck. Today starts the most stressfull week of my life.

MeteorsSox4367
10-20-2005, 08:44 AM
As long as the Sox win, I don't care if it's in four or seven. All I know is that teams that win the World Series typically get their rings on Opening Day of the following season. Opening Day of the 2006 season just happens to be on April 3, which also happens to be my birthday.

For this 38-year-old "kid" and lifelong Sox fan, there would be no better gift.

Baby Fisk
10-20-2005, 09:34 AM
For all the crap that's been dished out at him over the years here and elsewhere, I think Joe Crede will somehow be the man who wins it for us. Maybe a Game Winning HR, maybe a defensive gem in the bottom of the 9th in Houston, maybe just catching the last out. Somehow, he will be the one who frees us at last. You go, Joseph, you go.

Fungo
10-20-2005, 09:41 AM
Winning the last game of the year. Simple as that.

Iguana775
10-20-2005, 09:42 AM
Winning it.

VenturaSoxFan23
10-20-2005, 10:37 AM
Contreras wins Game 5 over Clemens (probables) in a 10-inning showdown. 1-0. El Duque comes in to get the save. George Steinbrenner is seen in his suite tearing what's left of his hair out, wondering why he let these guys go. He then proceeds to fire everybody within sight.

Not perfect, but would be hilarious to see.

Optipessimism
10-20-2005, 11:24 AM
Game 1: Sox lose 0-1 following a Clemens no hitter in front of Contreras.
Game 2: Sox win 2-0 following a Buehrle perfect game.
Game 3: Sox win 4-0 after a two hit Garland SO.
Game 4: Sox win 16-1 behind a Garcia CG.
Game 5: Sox win 3-0 following a Contreras no hitter in front of Clemens

Astros score their only run thanks to Roger Clemens' solo HR.

LongLiveFisk
10-20-2005, 11:26 AM
I don't need all the dramatics, just give me a 4-game sweep so I don't have a nervous breakdown!! :D:

VenturaSoxFan23
10-20-2005, 11:29 AM
Game 1: Sox lose 0-1 following a Clemens no hitter in front of Contreras.
Game 2: Sox win 2-0 following a Buehrle perfect game.
Game 3: Sox win 4-0 after a two hit Garland SO.
Game 4: Sox win 16-1 behind a Garcia CG.
Game 5: Sox win 3-0 following a Contreras no hitter in front of Clemens

Astros score their only run thanks to Roger Clemens' solo HR.

Not to nitpick, but the Astros have 2 runs total according to your post. Who gets the other one?
Probably Bagwell.

Hokiesox
10-20-2005, 11:30 AM
Mine would be: (Rooney) Bottom of the 9th here in game 7 or the World Series at US Cellular Field. Bases loaded, 2 outs, and here comes Konerko. 41,000 fans on there feet chanting Paulie Paulie Paulie. Here is the pitch from Lidge, a swing and a drive, Konerko hits it deep to left and this is gonna leave the yard, A goner and a WHITE SOX WINNER. Celebrate Sox fans CELEBRATE!

I'd amend that to 1 out, and he hits a Sac fly to win the same way we've been winning all season, playing great fundamental baseball.

Uncle_Patrick
10-20-2005, 11:32 AM
The Sox win. Then I win the lottery and can retire at 28.

Bucky F. Dent
10-20-2005, 11:34 AM
In the words of Al Davis..."Just Win, Baby!"

Madvora
10-20-2005, 11:47 AM
Personally I am not one of those people who like drama when it comes to my team. 10-inning game 7's are great if I don't care who wins.

You got that right.
The only thing is that I have game 6 tickets. Conflict of interests.

I'd love to see Bobby Jenks out there to close it all out though.

MarySwiss
10-20-2005, 11:56 AM

Agreed. I want to see us up by at least 5 runs going into the 4th inning in each of the four games we will need in order to sweep.

Sox&Springsteen
10-20-2005, 12:02 PM
In the words of Al Davis..."Just Win, Baby!"

Seconded. Just a pennant flying in the Bridgeport breeze. I get chills just thinking about it.

Ladies and gentlemen: YOUR Chicago White Sox!!

Frater Perdurabo
10-20-2005, 12:04 PM
For all the crap that's been dished out at him over the years here and elsewhere, I think Joe Crede will somehow be the man who wins it for us. Maybe a Game Winning HR, maybe a defensive gem in the bottom of the 9th in Houston, maybe just catching the last out. Somehow, he will be the one who frees us at last. You go, Joseph, you go.

Game 4 in Houston. Top nine. Sox down by a run. AJ on third. One out. Crede steps to the plate. He flails away at two pitches in the dirt. No balls. Two strikes. Lidge serves a meatball right over the plate. Crede swings and drives it over the 315-foot left-field fence. Sox lead 2-1. Jenks closes out the win and the sweep in the bottom of the ninth.

Of course, if he had not been banned, we'd see this in the postgame thread.

Crede failed in my book. The situation called for a sac fly. In the clutch, he failed to deliver what the situation required.

1951Campbell
10-20-2005, 12:16 PM
Pods steals home to win the series.

batmanZoSo
10-20-2005, 12:20 PM
We haven't gotten to clinch anything at home yet, so I'd like to see that. I'm sure the Cell would be an absolute madhouse. But that means we have to lose at least two games. I'd prefer we in it in four or five. I can't believe people here actually want to go through the hell of a Game 7. :o:

bobowhite
10-20-2005, 12:23 PM
Sox win it in four sweeping aside the Astros.

ja1022
10-20-2005, 01:44 PM
I've had enough drama this season. I'd like to see the Sox win it convincingly in four. No more stomach acid!

Madvora
10-20-2005, 02:00 PM
Actually, now that I think about it... during the "Make A Crazy Prediction" thread on 8/2/05, I predicted that Bobby Jenks would have 2 wins in the World Series. I'll stick with that. http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=55383&highlight=bobby+jenks+wins+world+series

Whoops... this was also on that thread by Jjav829...
I don't know how crazy this is...

The Houston Astros will not only run away with the Wild Card, they'll also become the 4th consecutive Wild Card team to win the World Series.

itsnotrequired
10-20-2005, 02:30 PM
Game 1: Contreras CG win. Crede hits walkoff HR in 9th. Sox 1-0

Game 2: Buehrle CG win. Pierzynski hits walkoff HR in 10th. Sox 1-0

Game 3: Garland no hitter. Everett hits GW HR in 9th. Sox 1-0

Game 4: Garcia CG win. Konerko hits GW HR in 9th. Sox 1-0

Series MVP: Jon Garland

Sox complete best October in baseball history. 8 CG victories and a 13-1 record.

Heck, why stop there? Might as well have each Sox starter throw only 27 pitches!:cool:

Baby Fisk
10-20-2005, 02:48 PM
Ditka pinch hits the Championship-Winning run. In fact, he scores it himself. Inside the park HR by Ditka. :cool:

LongLiveFisk
10-20-2005, 02:51 PM
I've had enough drama this season. I'd like to see the Sox win it convincingly in four. No more stomach acid!

I think you pretty much echoed my previous post in this same thread! :D:

4th Gen. Sox Fan
10-20-2005, 03:30 PM
Game 4... Sox lead the series 3-0

no one left in the bullpen...bottom of the 9th Jenks walks the bases loaded... Ozzie walks out... looks around and points at me and says... "HEY YOU... get your hand off my wife's leg". He then calms Jenks down and he strikes out the side.

SOX WIN SOX WIN. 14 - 2 :tongue:

nice Simpsons reference

4th Gen. Sox Fan
10-20-2005, 03:35 PM
As much as I hate to say it, I want the Sox to be down 3-2 so that I can fly back to Chicago for games 6-7 which I have tickets to. I want them to win those games in pitcher's duels with temps of 40 degrees.

I leave for vacation in Hawaii today and the saddest thing I can imagine is being on this remote island, with no other Sox fans to celebrate a series win.

Of course I will be rooting for our Sox to win every game they play.

Talk about a Catch 22, this vacation is gonna suck. Today starts the most stressfull week of my life.

My brother is in Hawaii on his honeymoon until the 26th, so you won't be the only Sox fan in Hawaii

mterraza
10-20-2005, 03:38 PM
Ronnie 'Woo-Woo' gettin smacked in the head in the bleachers by a game winning homerun.

TomBradley72
10-20-2005, 03:45 PM
Ditka pinch hits the Championship-Winning run. In fact, he scores it himself. Inside the park HR by Ditka. :cool:

Screw Ditka....he's a Cubs fan.

TomBradley72
10-20-2005, 03:47 PM
Perfect ending: WSox sweep the Astros....and all the naysayers, doubters, northside lemmings and mediots sit in stunned silence thinking "How could we have been so wrong?".

As all of us diehards have the celebration of a lifetime. :cool:

Palehose13
10-20-2005, 04:02 PM
What a bunch of drama queens! Forget this stuff that will send me into cardiac arrest, I want the Sox in a 4 game sweep and always having the lead.

BTW...what is the best playoff record in history? 11-1 looks pretty good to me.

maurice
10-20-2005, 04:11 PM
AL in 4, just like last year.

:gulp:

hose
10-20-2005, 04:20 PM
Sox sweep.

Crede makes like Brooks Robinson with memorable defense.

Burles throws a 1 hit shut out.

Paulie cranks out 3 homers.

Pods runs wild.

AJ drives Houston bonkers.

Uribe is named MVP(my favorite Sox player):bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance:

Chicago
10-20-2005, 04:21 PM
nice Simpsons reference

lol, yes... someone knew it...

Hitmen77
10-20-2005, 04:24 PM

Here, here! This team has a chance to put the ghosts of 1919 and 1917 to rest. Any ending that has the Sox winning 4 games in this series is perfect for me!

Jerome
10-20-2005, 04:29 PM
Sox win 4 games by the scores of 1-0, 10-0, 10-9, and 5-4 after scoring 5 runs in the bottom of the 9th in game seven. My goodness, If that happend I would probably die or something. There's no way I could watch that. I would explode from the pressure and anxiety.

TomBradley72
10-20-2005, 04:53 PM
Sox sweep.

Crede makes like Brooks Robinson with memorable defense.

Burles throws a 1 hit shut out.

Paulie cranks out 3 homers.

Pods runs wild.

AJ drives Houston bonkers.

Uribe is named MVP(my favorite Sox player):bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance:

What about Timo? :?:

MRKARNO
10-20-2005, 04:55 PM
Game four, after Contreras pitched a two hit shutout in game one, Buehrle threw a one hitter in game two and Garland's no hitter in game three, Freddy Garcia pitches the second perfect game in World Series history to wrap up the World Series for the White Sox in 4 games :D: