PDA

View Full Version : Did this happen to anyone else?

ChiSoxRowand
10-20-2005, 01:29 AM
I was watching the Stros-Cards game and after the first part of the celebration they said we will be right back with the postgame show. So I changed the channel and after I turned it back a couple of minutes later That 70's Show was on. I didn't get to see the trophy presentation. Did this happen to anyone else? I am thinking it was just the Rockford affiliate. Did this happen to anyone in the Rockford area?

ChiWhiteSox1337
10-20-2005, 01:57 AM
Yes. I was surprised because FOX aired a good 20 or 30 minutes of the White Sox celebrating last Sunday, while they barely showed the Astros celebrating at all tonight.

Edit: Since we're already on the topic of the Rockford FOX affiliate, does it come in like absolute crap for anyone else? It looks terrible on my cable(Insight) compared to every other channel.

soxjim
10-20-2005, 08:01 AM
I was going to watch the celebration with interest on what the Astros had to say about their next competion the SOX. Before long channel 17 was advertising to watch their news. Then the 70s show was on.

Tekijawa
10-20-2005, 09:22 AM
I'm sure there are Regional feeds, had the Cardinals won there probably would have been post game stuff. I'm sure people on the Left Coast didn't get to see our celebration either.

Baby Fisk
10-20-2005, 10:00 AM
Yes. I was surprised because FOX aired a good 20 or 30 minutes of the White Sox celebrating last Sunday, while they barely showed the Astros celebrating at all tonight.

That's because no one cares about the Astros. :cool:

Joosh
10-20-2005, 11:51 AM

Edit: Since we're already on the topic of the Rockford FOX affiliate, does it come in like absolute crap for anyone else? It looks terrible on my cable(Insight) compared to every other channel.

Well, I have Mediacom, and it doesn't look horrible, but its nowhere near as good as the Chicago Affiliates were. I miss those channels, ever WCIU! :o:

I can't wait till something like Comcast makes its way out to our small, quaint towns.

Iwritecode
10-20-2005, 12:26 PM

I saw a lot of stuff on ESPN. I don't know if they showed the trophy presentations or not...

My in-laws have the same problem. I only live a mile away and it comes in perfectly clear. :dunno:

SoxFan76
10-20-2005, 12:58 PM
All I noticed was that their celebration was incredibly tame compared to the White Sox...

ChiSoxRowand
10-20-2005, 04:54 PM

I think the station just screwed up. Right before the break they said "we will have the Chevrolet postgame show and trophy presentation following the break" and after the break that 70's show was on. They always show the celebration no matter who it is. You can probably watch some of it on the Astros website though.

LongLiveFisk
10-20-2005, 05:13 PM
Is it possible the Astros' celebration was cut short here but not in Houston? It makes me wonder if the lengthy Sox celebration was similarly only seen in Chicago.

ChiSoxRowand
10-20-2005, 05:26 PM
Is it possible the Astros' celebration was cut short here but not in Houston? It makes me wonder if the lengthy Sox celebration was similarly only seen in Chicago.

They usually show the entire celebration and trophy presentation every year.

StrTrkker
10-21-2005, 12:45 AM

Sounds like something a Rangers fan would say.

j/k :tongue:

antitwins13
10-21-2005, 01:02 AM

Good point

HotelWhiteSox
10-21-2005, 01:06 AM
They showed it on the Chicago Affiliate

Oswalt got MVP

Lame celebration compared to the White Sox one if you ask me

Killer-Beees
10-21-2005, 01:42 AM

Saw it all here in H-Town on Fox affiliate here.